• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that mean I can hit you up for a reader ticket? That place is tough to get into (beyond the public spaces).
I get invited to talks and VIP stuff sometimes, but I don't think I have access to read in the collections.

I think you have to be doing actual research. My friend is the Dir of Strategic Giving - I'll ask her.

Maybe I need to be a bigger dawg.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I get invited to talks and VIP stuff sometimes, but I don't think I have access to read in the collections.

I think you have to be doing actual research. My friend is the Dir of Strategic Giving - I'll ask her.

Maybe I need to be a bigger dawg.

That's the trouble. I need a "Dilettante Ticket".

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have no idea how anybody enforces phone rules. I have no idea why teachers would even try, and honestly don't blame them for throwing up their hands and hoping something cuts through the TikTok brain rot.

I'm addicted to my phone/screens (I think all of us are to an extent), and my nieces and nephews are on another level entirely. The idea of them/kids in general going without seems borderline laughable.

Needless to say, I'm not overly confident in the youth :rotflmao:
My wife's school collects phones in dedicated containers by the front gate as kids walk in. If they need to call a parent or otherwise use the phone, they go to the front office, use it there, and hand it back when they're done. Works just fine.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the first time I know of I hit a squirrel while driving. Poor little guy was just trying to run back to his house with a full breakfast.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
They charge $25 to visit and still need fundraising?

The endowment stood at $600 million ten years ago. OTOH that's not a lot when you factor in operations, capital improvements, and acquisitions.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The endowment stood at $600 million ten years ago. OTOH that's not a lot when you factor in operations, capital improvements, and acquisitions.
Over the past decade, the stock market has had a 12% average rate of return. Even factoring in 0 contributions and dropping that to 10%, the endowment should be 1.5 billion or so now. That seems, I dunno, pretty good?

But I have no idea what kind of expenses there are, so maybe all that's wrong.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Over the past decade, the stock market has had a 12% average rate of return. Even factoring in 0 contributions and dropping that to 10%, the endowment should be 1.5 billion or so now. That seems, I dunno, pretty good?

But I have no idea what kind of expenses there are, so maybe all that's wrong.

Here are the numbers from their 2021 990. $100M is exactly the amount I was guesstimating for annual expenses.

Screenshot_20240312_094639_Chrome.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealing with Purchasing and Corporation Counsel for contracts for professional services is by far the least favorite part of my job. By a long shot.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dealing with Purchasing and Corporation Counsel for contracts for professional services is by far the least favorite part of my job. By a long shot.
Not the part where you have to be you?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member