• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
baldy[1].gif

This is tough. Family can be a hassle, especially when it comes to "loaning" money.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Guys, my condolences to all. Was sad to note, after several days off, only one page of happy things to catch up on, but five pages of pissing off things.
frown.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have another:

I was beating myself up today because I always pass by the homeless people on my way to work and tell them I don't have any change. We give money to Bread for the City every year (as well as other donations), so I figure I have a little defense. But I feel bad about it.

As I'm leaving the office to go home this afternoon, I'm again berating myself for this. Just as I get to the deli that I pass every day, a guy asks if I have some money so he can get some food. He looks seriously desperate. I say to him "Yeah, come with me," and I walk in the deli. He follows. I tell him "get whatever you like; it's on me." I was prepared to let him buy food for the next two days. He hesitates and then asks me if I'm heading to Union Station. I say yes, but what's the point. He says "I was hoping to get something at McDonald's." So I ask him, "you don't want anything from here?" He says "Not really."

I walked out. "Beggars can't be choosers," applies literally to this situation. But, no, the food at this deli isn't good enough for you. Asshole. You're begging for money on the street and you pass up a free meal (or two)?

b

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Plans for tonight are looking bleak. I want to hang out with a good friend who's moving to Chicago for grad school on Saturday. But one of our mutual friends is having a party at his house and they're all going there. Problem is, the party host is pretty sleazy. To paint a quick picture, he's got a swastika neck tattoo and owns a lot of swords. I can only imagine what some of the other people attending this party are like.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I spoke to my mother again today. Made me even more mad. Apparently my loan is going to finance moving furniture back in to the house and the reupholstering of chairs that don't even get used. She was using the same guy to move as who reupholstered her dining room chairs. I got really irritated and asked her WTF she was doing reupholstering chairs when she was essentially destitute, and WTF were her priorities? Anyway, the guy had to be paid or he wouldn't have moved the furniture back in and she would have been out the rental income(that I doubt she's going to inform my dad she received) and she would have been stuck paying for the renters' hotel which she obviously couldn't do, and then she'd still need to get the furniture moved back.

People like my mother are why I resent evry single tax dollar that goes to welfare.It's her own bad decisions, tine and time again, that lead her into these situations. I feel a certain obligation to her but **** everyone else.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm having a New Year's party at Chateau Conne and this girl from high school just texted me and asked if she could bring her dog. The ****? No, you cannot.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm having a New Year's party at Chateau Conne and this girl from high school just texted me and asked if she could bring her dog. The ****? No, you cannot.

We've already established you're in the Friend Zone with all those chics, so really, what's it matter if she brings a dog? He'll be the only one getting the bone.
laugh.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
We've already established you're in the Friend Zone with all those chics, so really, what's it matter if she brings a dog? He'll be the only one getting the bone.
laugh.gif

As ed said, unless either she or the dog will lick my balls at midnight it's a no-go.
crackup[1].gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
As ed said, unless either she or the dog will lick my balls at midnight it's a no-go.
crackup[1].gif

Rub a little Alpo on them.
laugh.gif

Glad you're not driving anywhere though. Safer for everyone!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
So I spoke to my mother again today. Made me even more mad. Apparently my loan is going to finance moving furniture back in to the house and the reupholstering of chairs that don't even get used. She was using the same guy to move as who reupholstered her dining room chairs. I got really irritated and asked her WTF she was doing reupholstering chairs when she was essentially destitute, and WTF were her priorities? Anyway, the guy had to be paid or he wouldn't have moved the furniture back in and she would have been out the rental income(that I doubt she's going to inform my dad she received) and she would have been stuck paying for the renters' hotel which she obviously couldn't do, and then she'd still need to get the furniture moved back.

People like my mother are why I resent evry single tax dollar that goes to welfare.It's her own bad decisions, tine and time again, that lead her into these situations. I feel a certain obligation to her but **** everyone else.

^terrible family news. misery loves company.

i get into these all the time. im sick of my family side. my brother and mother are both the same way. can cause wwIII with anyone and will ruin anybody's holiday if they wished and would not care at all. and my dad is a freaking spineless person. never stood up for me or my brother once in anything in our lives. so basically she can go on a senseless rampage and he doesnt give a ****.
but , if his family side starts to crucify his wife, he won't stick up for his wife . my mother. so basically he doesnt stick up for anyone and that killed me for my love for him over the years. he doesnt have a spine to stick up for me or anyone at all. or anyone important.

i missed my family side for christmas too. conscious decision. because i stick up for my wife. the past two holidays was hell for my wife due to my mom. and i cant stand it. the holidays should be fun and peace for my wife. this holiday i say i wont even call them to say happy christmas. just ignore them. now they are fuming mad and trying to call up my wife and torture her for me doing that. so i disconnect the phone .

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I generally get along with everyone because I'm the only one that's got a level head and is rational. I definitely do not have the energy to deal with their bullshit though, and among my siblings, I'm the only one on the path to making good money (although my income is 0 as of tonight), and so the burden is going to fall completely on me. My mother pisses me off b/c she can't interact with other people without criticizing or taking things too far (jokes and such-this developed living among quebecers). And she drinks too much. She's up to a bottle of wine a day. It's sad cause booze and her dog is all she has, but she's isolated herself and she just did it again. Nobody can stand her for any length of time, and she's worn out her welcome at both of her sisters' houses and now her parents. They all did a lot for her while she was in a depression after losing the hotel and when she was being treated for cancer, and she's still as hard-headed and uncompromising as ever. My father is cool, but he's turned bitter over the years. Neither my brother or sister talk to him anymore, but they are just as guilty as he is. I'm the only one that's got a good relationship with him because I'm the only one capable of looking at his own situation from a detached viewpoint.

People wonder why I want to move to the middle-east.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a great restaurant for NYE then went to an after party that ******* sucked so came home early and called my girlfriend... boring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads