• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, Mr. G, my job is better than yours. I don't talk about half the baller **** that goes on. I'd hate to make you guys feel bad about your life choices.

Kyle, you're already in the right industry. Remember a year ago when you were stuck in a kitchen. You wanted on this side. You made it, dude. Most people don't get to transition. Especially without a degree. You did. I hear a lotta jokers saying that want in on this side. They won't make it. All you need to do now is nut up and go supply side.

Jester - **** healing safety. Do as much blow off hookers as you physically can. Hit rock bottom. Come back story of the year. Make cover of time. Have aircraft carrier named after you.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks. I actually had never had a serious relationship and this was my first thought. Now that I look back, it's extremely clear. Bhowie said, 

I think he got it almost right. But it was mainly one. Her best friend is a *************, her ex's are, etc. I never really put it together. I guess I had her on a pedestal. Damn. Such wasted time.

Just saw yours, Stitch. Thanks brother.

Just one more point: one thing that has always amazed me about human beings is their uncanny ability to pick out and pair up with people who meet their psychological needs. Even without explicitly communicating what those needs are. People pick up on all sorts of clues to do this. But many people's psychological needs are pathological, and satisfying them is not conducive to long-term well being. Here's what I'm getting at: it looks problematic to me that you were/are attracted to her. If you're not careful to reflect on what happened here, I think you're going to repeat this adventure over and over. (That is what people do.)

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just one more point: one thing that has always amazed me about human beings is their uncanny ability to pick out and pair up with people who meet their psychological needs. Even without explicitly communicating what those needs are. People pick up on all sorts of clues to do this. But many people's psychological needs are pathological, and satisfying them is not conducive to long-term well being. Here's what I'm getting at: it looks problematic to me that you were/are attracted to her. If you're not careful to reflect on what happened here, I think you're going to repeat this adventure over and over. (That is what people do.)

Cliche, but nope. I really see it now, see all the signs, and more importantly, I see the signs in other girls I talk to. It'll be hard, since this limits the girls down to ******* zero, but I won't make this mistake again.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ding, ding! You need to get on that. I however am a true believer that people never change. I think you're screwed.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ding, ding! You need to get on that. I however am a true believer that people never change. I think you're screwed.

I agree that people don't change, but I don't think I'm screwed. It was a first time. There will be many firsts.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Actually, Mr. G, my job is better than yours. I don't talk about half the baller **** that goes on. I'd hate to make you guys feel bad about your life choices.

Eh. I'm not convinced this is true unless we both value the same things (which we clearly don't). You obviously love your job, and that's great. I have no desire to knock it or goad you to brag about all the great stuff that happens because of it. However, you don't really know that much about my job (or where it could lead), either, and those are a lot of the things that make my job pretty cool and great for me.

Plus, you have to keep in mind that we are at very, very different places in our lives. I'm in my 30s with a wife and kid. The best part of my day is when we all get home, and I love spending time with them more than I want to be able to party or be a part of "baller ****." The simple fact of the matter is that the lifestyle you lead, while I would probably enjoy the hell out of it, wouldn't let me be the type of husband or father I want to be, and my job accommodates that as well as any job possibly could.

So, yeah, different places, values, and priorities.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anytime, jester. And I think people can change. Probably the hardest thing in the world to do, but it can be done. Never hild your breath on it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big plus one to what G. said. However, I always read bhowie's post with a grain of salt and a little bit tongue-in-cheek. It's the Internet after all

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Psst, I was making a joke. However I can understand why you sound defensive. (9)

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I guess I'm just being a *****. Whenever my greenfrog has this kinda problem I tell her that A) she's great at her job and that B) what really matters is if the job allows you to lead the kind of life you want to lead. Guess it's time to practice what I preach. And BHowie is right, I was trying to get this kind of job for 3 years do to ***** after 7 months is lol.
Thanks for all the responses to my boo hooing. #firstworldproblems

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Big plus one to what G. said. However, I always read bhowie's post with a grain of salt and a little bit tongue-in-cheek. It's the Internet after all

Psst, I was making a joke. However I can understand why you sound defensive. (9)

Yeah, I thought that might be the case, but I felt like it might be worth saying, anyway, given the context of a lot of these posts. Sort of another exercise in "different people want different things out of their lives."

I actually didn't mean to sound defensive, though. Quite the opposite, I was trying to show that I don't think one way is better, just different. Apologies if I came off as defensive.

Last edited:

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in McDonald's waiting for my boss. He is like 45 minutes late. I guess Steve Harvey has a morning show on ABC. He is currently making a sandwich this segment has taken longer to show than to make an actual segment. ****....

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:bigstar:

edit - G, it was good you said what you did. was very much worth saying.

I guess I'm just being a *****.

no you arent. thinking that **** is normal. everyone does it. all that matters is that you make sure to be honest about it with yourself. if you really truly felt that a change was in order, you would make it.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I guess I'm just being a *****. Whenever my greenfrog has this kinda problem I tell her that A) she's great at her job and that B) what really matters is if the job allows you to lead the kind of life you want to lead. Guess it's time to practice what I preach. And BHowie is right, I was trying to get this kind of job for 3 years do to ***** after 7 months is lol.
Thanks for all the responses to my boo hooing. #firstworldproblems

I don't think you're being a *****. Reflecting on your life is perfectly health as long as you don't go overboard and let it consume you.

Anyway, the bolded, as you clearly understand, is the key. We're not here long, and a lot of the time we spend here sucks. Might as well do the best you can to mitigate that.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads