• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been getting aggressive nosebleeds recently. 20+ mins at a time and they happen at the worst times - guitar lesson, dinner, driving (driving a stick plus not bleeding everywhere is tricky). Latest one now at 4am and its been going on for so long I'm nauseous. Doc says its humidity... Never had it this bad though.

Stained new RRLs too :fu:

Hydrogen Peroxide works wonders on blood stains.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Here's the thing about weddings: many women have had this fantasy of a perfect wedding in their heads for many years. One would hope that since you are marrying this women her happiness, mental well being, and wish fulfillment are high on your list of priorities. It therefore makes quite a bit of sense on the how and why of weddings. I do not think it is a bad thing for men in love to want the day society tells women should be "their day" to be a very good one.

Disclaimer: we had an extremely modest wedding but it was what we both wanted.

Last edited:

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LC rescued me from the horror that was online date in my early 30's and I thank her daily. I just couldn't get my head around the games people seemed to play. It was either meet up to screw or nothing which seemed odd to me. One night stand sex is fine but not near the quality of sustained knowledge. I guess I was old-school or misinformed. Dating should be done for a long term purpose or so I feel otherwise why go on the site in the first place.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good thing I had more wine. What pisses me off is that I got a bottle of this a few days ago that was corked, but I wasn't able to get back to the shop for days, so I said eff it and it went down the sink. I'm not letting it happen again.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Or families they want to invite..

as I read my comment again, it seems crude. What I meant was family obligations and opinions (everybody has their opinion on what you should do) will all come to head during the planning phases, and this will drive people crazy. The fewer involved, the better.

Good thing I had more wine. What pisses me off is that I got a bottle of this a few days ago that was corked, but I wasn't able to get back to the shop for days, so I said eff it and it went down the sink. I'm not letting it happen again.

I had one a few weeks ago that was corked, but only slightly. I brought it back and was complemented for my good call on the matter since it was very faint. I gave myself a fist bump.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a great cellar and I do not drink ...

That is pissing me off a little bit but far less than it does to my drinking friends..

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good luck with them getting it sorted out. Hope your day actually does get better.

well, unfortunately, the day did not get all that much better. so i had to buy a shirt and tie to set things right. great success !

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The wedding is just an area where our values differ. I realize that part of being married is occasionally having to compromise one's personal values in the interest of preserving the union. Of course if your personal values differ too much, it just might not be a good fit, but in our case the wedding seems to be an exceptional case. Weddings make people crazy.

I didn't read the whole thread about weddings, but I will give you my advice, anyway, because that's the kind of guy I am.

lets start with this - I've been very happily married for 12 years with 3 kids, and I couldn't be happier. my wife and I pretty much never fight, and we get along great.

I had an idea of the kind of wedding I wanted - something a little unconventinal that I could pay for. either a nice sit down dinner for 40-50 friends or a cocktail party for a larger group, without solid food. good liquor, maybe a jazz band. I wanted to be able to pay for it out of the money in my pocket - no loans, credit cards, family help.

my wife, bless her, said "what a great idea, lets tweek the details" and we ended up with 300 people at a sit down dinner with a band and a DJ. and it was a blast. I fought against every detail pretty much, the stress was huge, unbelievable (for a start, her grandfather was going to pay for the larger wedding, and he intended to pay after the wedding, so I had to pay for everything up front, never having met her grandfather and trusting he would pay me back, and I was unemployed for 3 months or so during the preparations for the weddng). but, in the end, it was a blast.

here is what I say to grooms all the time -like it has been said, she has probably been dreaming about this her whole life, as have her mother and, to a lesser extent your mother. ask when you need to be where, maybe stick to one important thing (the bar, the band) and stay out of it, have fun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads