• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Been a year since I quit WoW for the third time. You're making me nostalgic, why.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The fact that there's a guy and his wife on this forum that both actively post details about their personal lives is creepy.

It's not any worse than couples posting personal details on facebook or twitter. We just wear better clothes here.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What the ****? I assume we're talking about public toilets here, so first off, every effort to avoid having to **** in a public toilet should be avoided. Second, if one must **** in a public toilet one should always choose the handicapped stall which has more than enough room and hooks and bars to stack anything you want. And three, you should not be taking your pants off in a public toilet.

Holy ****.

I wish I could avoid it, but I poop 3-5 times a day. Usually two or three of those are at work so I have no choice.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not any worse than couples posting personal details on facebook or twitter. We just wear better clothes here.

That may be so, but I don't have either so haven't yet become desensitized to it. Facebook is awful and Twitter is only marginally less awful only because there are no pictures.

Over the holidays I saw an acquaintance I've known since I was a teenager and she told me to look her up on Facebook if I wanted to do something. Maybe she didn't want to be too forward or something but I couldn't give less of a **** if she gave me the address to her grandmother's wake -- I like talking to her and wanted more time to do it. Since when did personal social interaction become so grueling and torturous that it needed to be anesthetized through Facebook?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think my insurance company just told me to lie to my doctor.

I was trying to make an appointment for 3 things: a Physical, a fresh STD screen, and to complain about some occasional pain I have been having in my sternum since the last time I was at the doctor (I was doing Judo at the time so it was probably just bruised and would get better). Figured I could knock them all out in one visit. Doctor's office told me my last physical was in march so I would have to check if my insurance is based on a calendar year or if I would have to wait until march for another physical.

The insurance company woman tells me that it is calendar year so I am good for the physical (which has no copay) but that if I go in there with something wrong, it will turn into a diagnostic visit and I will be charged. She then suggested that I go to the physical, do the normal physical things, and then when asked, say that I feel fine and there's nothing wrong. Then I could go later for a diagnostic visit (which would make me look dumb..."oh yeah, you know how I said everything was fine?...actually this has been bothering me for the past 9 months")

I can't figure out why she would say this. Was she trying to save me money? I need to have this looked at...so whether I go for a separate visit before or after the physical for a diagnostic...I will have to pay either way. If I have to go twice, won't the insurance company end up paying *more* money? I just want to have these 3 things taken care of...shouldn't I do it all at once?

TLDR: Insurance woman suggested that I say I am fine during my physical and then come back for a second visit to talk about what is actually bothering me.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's cool though, because the American healthcare system is the best in the world.

(Not trying to drag CE here, but occurrences like the above are what make me laugh when someone mentions the greatness of privatized healthcare as if ipso facto it's the most effective.)

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly, why. I miss the days of inkwells and parchment.

Pass me my quill, damn it. I'm itching to correspond with an acquaintance in New Haven.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I still haven't figured out how to piss with my pants up.

are you serious? i do see grown adults at urininals who drop trou and i have the same WFT R U KIDDING ME mental thought each time. you need to learn how to do what indesertum says below. its easy.

It's really simple. You open the zipper of your pants located near the crotch. Pull ********* out. Pee

of course... when I'm home I get buck naked in the bathroom for it.... that's the only way to go.

:nodding:

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fact that there's a guy and his wife on this forum that both actively post details about their personal lives is creepy. I'm imagining:

- At least one of them was divorced at some point
- They met online or at some singles meetup or something
- They go on WOW adventures with Piobaire

I get creeped out every time one of them mentions the other. It's like they're both sitting in a room a few feet from each other posting on the Internet instead of talking.

This has always been strange to me but I figured I'd bring it up since I think ignoring old friends and calling their lives 'sad' on the Internet is the biggest shithead move possible. My longtime friends will always be my friends no matter what happens even if we do different things. I have too many good memories to just ignore them.

If you don't like the above then just put me on ignore -- it saves time because there's little to discuss or gain.

Edit: The creepiness was also a large factor in why I posted this.

Wow and a small laugh.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The fact that there's a guy and his wife on this forum that both actively post details about their personal lives is creepy. I'm imagining:

I get creeped out every time one of them mentions the other. It's like they're both sitting in a room a few feet from each other posting on the Internet instead of talking.

This has always been strange to me but I figured I'd bring it up since I think ignoring old friends and calling their lives 'sad' on the Internet is the biggest shithead move possible. My longtime friends will always be my friends no matter what happens even if we do different things. I have too many good memories to just ignore them.

If you don't like the above then just put me on ignore -- it saves time because there's little to discuss or gain.

i am sorry, but this might be the biggest asshole of a post i have ever seen here. i can only assume you refer to the canuker family. who are both very kind posters and all around nice people as far as anyone can tell. and for you to go and make assumptions about their relationship is downright disgusting. who the **** are you to judge their marriage or anything about them. maybe they are not near each other when they post, and maybe they are and its an activity they enjoy together, no different than many other things couples may do together and enjoy.

and on top of that to go ahead and point out your suppositions here publicly, as if you have some need to call out a couple and disparage them, is as well, disgusting. what is your problem.

and no, you can not just go ahead and make a ****-head comment and say if you dont like this dont respond. it doesnt work like that. when you act like an ass, people get to call you out.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think my insurance company just told me to lie to my doctor.

I was trying to make an appointment for 3 things: a Physical, a fresh STD screen, and to complain about some occasional pain I have been having in my sternum since the last time I was at the doctor (I was doing Judo at the time so it was probably just bruised and would get better). Figured I could knock them all out in one visit. Doctor's office told me my last physical was in march so I would have to check if my insurance is based on a calendar year or if I would have to wait until march for another physical.

The insurance company woman tells me that it is calendar year so I am good for the physical (which has no copay) but that if I go in there with something wrong, it will turn into a diagnostic visit and I will be charged. She then suggested that I go to the physical, do the normal physical things, and then when asked, say that I feel fine and there's nothing wrong. Then I could go later for a diagnostic visit (which would make me look dumb..."oh yeah, you know how I said everything was fine?...actually this has been bothering me for the past 9 months")

I can't figure out why she would say this. Was she trying to save me money? I need to have this looked at...so whether I go for a separate visit before or after the physical for a diagnostic...I will have to pay either way. If I have to go twice, won't the insurance company end up paying *more* money? I just want to have these 3 things taken care of...shouldn't I do it all at once?

TLDR: Insurance woman suggested that I say I am fine during my physical and then come back for a second visit to talk about what is actually bothering me.

My suspicion is the insurance lady is a moron.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My suspicion is the insurance lady is a moron.

So there's really no reason to go for separate visits right?

This should be a single visit thing--check out *******, check out the rest of my body, and oh yeah, this thing that I hoped would go away is still here, lets talk about that.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Sorry, why - normally I'm on board with your opinions but this time I'm not.

Where we differ is that married couples are still two individuals, and sometimes profoundly different people, each with their own interests and groups of friends. It doesn't mean they don't overlap or don't communicate. And not referencing the other once in a while would be that much more creepy. Then again the wife and I are on facebook, and we talk to each other (in person, face to face) as well.

Further thoughts: friends are friends but people change, grow up, move along. I don't keep up with all my old buddies. Some I just can't relate to any longer. It is what it is.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads