• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Lots of really sketchy people driving into my neighborhood to trick or treat. Really, really sketchy and frankly a bit scary.

We had the same, and a LOT of cars with kids pouring out of them. Some youngish mothers also trick-or-treating which I didn't really object to (likewise, cleavage). One of the neighbors used an ATV to pull a trailer with chairs and bales of hay for the neighborhood kids, and they too rode door-to-door. FWIW, our neighborhood doesn't have streetlights or sidewalks, so I don't object to the driving as I normally would.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now that sounds like TEXAS! :slayer:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sick barfing kid, forgot something at home after leaving for work i had to go back for, unforcasted rain, headache, and having to park on the roof of the garage. not a great start today.

:cloud:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Lots of really sketchy people driving into my neighborhood to trick or treat. Really, really sketchy and frankly a bit scary.

We had the same, and a LOT of cars with kids pouring out of them. Some youngish mothers also trick-or-treating which I didn't really object to (likewise, cleavage). One of the neighbors used an ATV to pull a trailer with chairs and bales of hay for the neighborhood kids, and they too rode door-to-door. FWIW, our neighborhood doesn't have streetlights or sidewalks, so I don't object to the driving as I normally would.

Happy to report not a single stray car drove into our neighborhood for Halloween. In fact, not a single trick or treater, just like our neighbors told us would be the case. :)

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy to report not a single stray car drove into our neighborhood for Halloween. In fact, not a single trick or treater, just like our neighbors told us would be the case. :)

There was a tricker or treater, you just didn't answer the door. No casked drinks for me this Halloween I guess. :angry:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does your private community have one of those events where the kids and parents all gather in a conference room and exchange candy? There's a name for it, but I don't remember or care enough to look it up.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Does your private community have one of those events where the kids and parents all gather in a conference room and exchange candy? There's a name for it, but I don't remember or care enough to look it up.

There is only one household in our community that is gauche enough to have children living with them.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

same here. but maybe thats cuz of all the jews in my hood?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

same here. but maybe thats cuz of all the jews in my hood?

You should really talk this over with your HOA board and see if there's something you can do to fix this situation.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think having trick or treaters in your neighborhood is a wonderful sign of the vitality of your neighborhood. Even if I were old and crotchety like Piob, my cold heart would be warmed by a friendly child in a costume knocking on my door.

We're lucky to live in a neighborhood with kids and I really enjoy it.

The problem is some of the other neighborhoods nearby. There were some really coarse people out last night. Groups of cars with open windows and loud music blaring while a bunch of kids, sometimes chaperoned by obviously too-young mothers or older teens swearing loudly and even chanting vulgarly (stuff luck "we want ******* candy!") and generally I think knowingly acting threatening. It was really unpleasant. Adding to the unease was the fact that our power was out and the police helicopter overhead with the searchlight over the neighborhood. One young adolescent with a backpack and hoodie walked by my wife while she was standing alone out front handing out candy and said "Power out?" as he walked by. Unnerving.

We went into this knowing what we were getting into but it's really sad and pathetic to see the next generation of a city practically actively trying to tear down one of its few good corners.

Then today, flat tire. Had to go to the dealer to have the runflat replaced at exorbitant cost (went to the dealer instead of a Mr. Tire or whatever for the convenience of a courtesy car, figured it was worth 20% on a tire) but wasn't counting on the "service and flush" and all elese that comes with a dealer. $1000. **** me.

AND THIS TERMINAL LAG IS PATHETIC.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I think having trick or treaters in your neighborhood is a wonderful sign of the vitality of your neighborhood. Even if I were old and crotchety like Piob, my cold heart would be warmed by a friendly child in a costume knocking on my door.

We're lucky to live in a neighborhood with kids and I really enjoy it.

The problem is some of the other neighborhoods nearby. There were some really coarse people out last night. Groups of cars with open windows and loud music blaring while a bunch of kids, sometimes chaperoned by obviously too-young mothers or older teens swearing loudly and even chanting vulgarly (stuff luck "we want ******* candy!") and generally I think knowingly acting threatening. It was really unpleasant. Adding to the unease was the fact that our power was out and the police helicopter overhead with the searchlight over the neighborhood. One young adolescent with a backpack and hoodie walked by my wife while she was standing alone out front handing out candy and said "Power out?" as he walked by. Unnerving.

We went into this knowing what we were getting into but it's really sad and pathetic to see the next generation of a city practically actively trying to tear down one of its few good corners.

Then today, flat tire. Had to go to the dealer to have the runflat replaced at exorbitant cost (went to the dealer instead of a Mr. Tire or whatever for the convenience of a courtesy car, figured it was worth 20% on a tire) but wasn't counting on the "service and flush" and all elese that comes with a dealer. $1000. **** me.

AND THIS TERMINAL LAG IS PATHETIC.

That's the thing though. You have to take the tricks with the treats, and unless you live on a private, gated street the folks from the next neighborhood over have as much right to be there chanting "we want ******* candy" as you do. Also sounds like B-more and the 313 have much in common culture wise.

Sorry to hear about the tire. I 100% feel your pain.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
douglas, yeah, well, you live in a great hood, but really close to hard core bmore city. that **** can get too close for comfort from time to time. :(

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ I was about to say that you'll see that in a lot of major cities, but now that I think it through, I'm not as sure. Houston fights a similar battle in spots, but in others there's at least some modicum of community. That said, on Friday nights the nearby stadium can get damn unruly.

also, mang - why replace the tire if it's a runflat? I thought those were designed to continue going. :puzzled:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
eeeek. I went through a binge of ordering OCBD shirts since my RL's are wearing out and I'm not anxious to pay RL prices for a staple garment. A shirt here, a couple of shirts there...and it turns out that there are three packages out for delivery to the house. I would have preferred that these be staggered rather than arrive en masse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads