• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
globe's story reminds me of when my boss blew out his knee trying to cover me during a pickup football game during a teambuilding event. i'm not Calvin Johnson or anything like that - just 10 years younger and 20 lbs lighter, and he's one of those hypercompetitive guys who won't back down from any challenge.

i really, really wanted to ask him if he filed for worker's comp but common sense told me to leave well enough alone.

my best worker's comp story from someone who worked for me was someone who was under performance management because he wasn't living up to expectations - he got a doc to say that the stress of possibly losing his job was too much for his mental health so he needed to get away from it for awhile. his application was granted :fu:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
:fu: Evil genius there.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't get the job. However, my contact said that her boss has given clearance to hire me in roughly two weeks for another opening. So barring any fuckups, I'm all set. But they've jerked me around to such a degree that I won't be celebrating until the offer is in my hands.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my best worker's comp story from someone who worked for me was someone who was under performance management because he wasn't living up to expectations - he got a doc to say that the stress of possibly losing his job was too much for his mental health so he needed to get away from it for awhile. his application was granted :fu:

A friend's aunt works for the state worker's comp board. He said that auntie told him there's a foolproof formula to get WC:

1.) Lift a case of paper in the office.
2.) Fall to the ground "in pain," say you now have a debilitating back injury.
3.) Submit to workers comp board. They almost never deny this particular claim. Reap the ducats.

And yes, I have considered doing this. :laugh:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't get the job. However, my contact said that her boss has given clearance to hire me in roughly two weeks for another opening. So barring any fuckups, I'm all set. But they've jerked me around to such a degree that I won't be celebrating until the offer is in my hands.

:fu:

sorry, conne. i really hope the second offer coes through.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This happens to you a lot. Have you gotten any feedback on what's going wrong? It just seems odd to me that a person would keep getting this same result over and over unless there was some kind of common denominator.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Teh wifely unit is profoundly settled about a situation that could affect us both - personally and professionally. I'm a lot less aggravated and concerned, but teh wife is starting to unravel, and is taking it out on Yours Truly.

YOU stay strong, T.... good luck meng.

Oh, and one more thing. This woman I used to kinda-sorta date posted a recent picture of herself (yes we're on friendly terms) and damn she looks better than she did 19 years ago. Not saying things would have worked out had we went that route, but still.

YOU stay strong, T.... good luck meng. :embar:

I'll be ok; I've decided to just cut off contact all together - it hurts, but I am not going to allow myself to get drawn into this...
The situation is way worse than I would've imagined - that is all I'm going to say.
I am at a complete loss for words; I cannot remember the last time I cried...

painful as it is, you have your own life to live. best of luck to you and your brother.

This happens to you a lot. Have you gotten any feedback on what's going wrong? It just seems odd to me that a person would keep getting this same result over and over unless there was some kind of common denominator.

he keeps staring at the boobies, thats why!

++++++++++++

okay so after being referred to a pedia-ortho by a pedia-rheumatologist, now the pedia-ortho who took a look at my daughter's mri for her lesions on her bone thinks its most probably nothing but still referred a pedia-ortho-oncologist who's more experienced with this. :fu:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
y
You don't have much of a choice then. No matter what's up tomorrow, you'll have to go! :)
Enjoy!

so I went! :D It's midnight I'm home, and a I have a 5 a.m. track session (the EVIL 800m repeats, no less) but ******* YOLO.

20t0zk1.jpg%20

YES I DID.

YOU stay strong, T.... good luck meng.
YOU stay strong, T.... good luck meng. :embar:
painful as it is, you have your own life to live. best of luck to you and your brother.
he keeps staring at the boobies, thats why!
++++++++++++
okay so after being referred to a pedia-ortho by a pedia-rheumatologist, now the pedia-ortho who took a look at my daughter's mri for her lesions on her bone thinks its most probably nothing but still referred a pedia-ortho-oncologist who's more experienced with this. :fu:

Oh, ****. :(

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Everyone has told me and my contact there that I interview well. This job is with a government agency, so there are many hoops to jump through with each hiring. This time, I was beat out by an internal candidate and a person with an MPA from the best program in the country. Last time, it was an internal candidate.

If it were a private sector job I'd be in there by now. Thanks, government!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why don't you work for the private sector then? What is keeping you in government?

I like the public sector, particularly the stuff I'd be doing if I get this job (budgeting & policy analysis). I'd like to stay a while, thought not forever. Part of my long-term plan is to vest in the pension system before I move on. It's a long-term goal, as I have 8 years or so left.

Wouldn't stay if I was doing purely political stuff, like I am now. Tired of the bullshit.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ugh. good luck, man. hope you find someone good, quick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads