• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Update:
So it was delivered to the wrong address by the mail carrier. Same house number, different street, which is oddly enough right behind mine. The guy who lives there actually brought it over today and the mail carrier is apparently getting reprimanded for being rude to us, their boss and delivering it to the wrong address.
Glad you got it. I've had this happen, and fortunately my neighbors were kind enough to deliver it to me. Never got an apology from the carrier for its error.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Irregardless of our envy at the professional heighth's to which Neo has climbed at such a young age. That's a mute point. We should be offering our hardy congradulation's.
I think between this and misuse of begging the question you really should stop grading exams for the day. You may have caught the 'tarded.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When artsy commercials/people try to pronounce the brand "Jaguar" as zha-goo-ar

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think between this and misuse of begging the question you really should stop grading exams for the day. You may have caught the 'tarded.

An other won whoose had to many expressos.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Arch drawings that makes zero sense, who the hell puts up a 30 cm wide base and wall unit, in the middle of nothing in a kitchen.

You should see some of the apartments I am browsing...sometimes I wonder if the person who "designed" some of these kitchens has ever so much as boiled water. Sure, many of them are 100+ year old buildings with goofy room setups that are hard to design around, but some of these layouts are just :facepalm:

I would post some photos but whenever I see a kitchen with a stove standing all by it self 3 miles away from any countertops, I immediately hide the property from my Padmapper search.

Also, I know it is a preference thing, but I hate cabinets that don't go to the ceiling. Just seems like wasted space that gets a gross film of oily dust on top of it in a kitchen without a good hood. Even if you aren't as tall as I am, why wouldn't you want storage space up there for little-used things?

Edit: here is a terrible one (no clue how they want as much as they do for this either...an exposed water-heater should be an absolute no-*******-way for any apartment renting for more than 1k a month)

edit2: and apparently there is a dishwasher somewhere in that unit...but its not next to the sink or the water heater...so clearly there is another water hookup somewhere (and space for countertops)...so why the **** wouldn't you put the sink over there?

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really want a new job. But I have no skills/experience aside from being a political operative/lackey. Maybe I will just suffer for another decade and then become a soulless lobbyist.

:(

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You should see some of the apartments I am browsing...sometimes I wonder if the person who "designed" some of these kitchens has ever so much as boiled water. Sure, many of them are 100+ year old buildings with goofy room setups that are hard to design around, but some of these layouts are just :facepalm:
I would post some photos but whenever I see a kitchen with a stove standing all by it self 3 miles away from any countertops, I immediately hide the property from my Padmapper search.
Also, I know it is a preference thing, but I hate cabinets that don't go to the ceiling. Just seems like wasted space that gets a gross film of oily dust on top of it in a kitchen without a good hood. Even if you aren't as tall as I am, why wouldn't you want storage space up there for little-used things?
Edit: here is a terrible one (no clue how they want as much as they do for this either...an exposed water-heater should be an absolute no-*******-way for any apartment renting for more than 1k a month)

edit2: and apparently there is a dishwasher somewhere in that unit...but its not next to the sink or the water heater...so clearly there is another water hookup somewhere (and space for countertops)...so why the **** wouldn't you put the sink over there?

The stuff I'm sitting with right now, has been designed by blind 14 year old, so many odd size and locations, I just have to follow to drawings and make and offer.

F.ex. they want a minimum of 25cm of space above the wall units for ventilation, in a new building and a build in microwave and who uses a microwave now a days, with the new smart ovens?

1k, what rental apartments suck where you live, if that is the standard. I presume that the dishwasher is in the same place as the missing fridge (next to the stove).

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The stuff I'm sitting with right now, has been designed by blind 14 year old, so many odd size and locations, I just have to follow to drawings and make and offer.
F.ex. they want a minimum of 25cm of space above the wall units for ventilation, in a new building and a build in microwave and who uses a microwave now a days, with the new smart ovens?
1k, what rental apartments suck where you live, if that is the standard. I presume that the dishwasher is in the same place as the missing fridge (next to the stove).

You can see the edge of the fridge on the left of the picture...which means there is probably a doorway between the stove and the fridge.

The unit I pulled that photo from is $1300 a month for a one bedroom...the outside of the building looks fine and the one indoor picture looked good...but that kitchen is an immediate no-go at 1300 which is the top of what I would like to spend (trying to keep fixed costs as low as possible).

Of course, who knows what drives these prices...I have seen much nicer kitchens for less (but hey...those ones have already found tenants where as that shithole is still open)

Last edited:

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha...that class I was bitching about earlier...I received a "major paper" back today, and apparently it was perfect. I got a 100 on a paper I wrote while drinking a six pack. :slayer:

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Chilean Consulate in Los Angeles is lagging on getting back to me about my visa. I am supposed to leave the 22nd, and am naturally anxious.
So obviously this is very stressful.
To boot, my spanish is pretty good but paperwork is very technical and I get stuck on it some times.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When artsy commercials/people try to pronounce the brand "Jaguar" as zha-goo-ar

my jag-gyu-war model "zed kay one" coup-ay with aleeu-millium reinforced boot sits in my gay-raj.

I love euro pronunciations though.

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

my jag-gyu-war model "zed kay one" coup-ay with aleeu-millium reinforced boot sits in my gay-raj.
I love euro pronunciations though.

yes, and I shop at "tar-zhay"

(okay not really but had to be the first to cite that tired old line)

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

when i worked in the pawn shop, every summer when it was hot out, at least 10 or 20 people would stumble in asking if we sold AC units.
:(

hmmm pawn shop, garment business, diamonds. we aren't trying to hit all the stereotypes, are we?

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You can see the edge of the fridge on the left of the picture...which means there is probably a doorway between the stove and the fridge.
The unit I pulled that photo from is $1300 a month for a one bedroom...the outside of the building looks fine and the one indoor picture looked good...but that kitchen is an immediate no-go at 1300 which is the top of what I would like to spend (trying to keep fixed costs as low as possible).
Of course, who knows what drives these prices...I have seen much nicer kitchens for less (but hey...those ones have already found tenants where as that shithole is still open)

I'm so damn tired from looking at drawings all day, I didn't notice

I don't get why apartments like that are so expensive, you can get a brand new 80sqm here for less.

My Mac is at the repair shop, so I had to find my old pc in the basement and work from that.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
various aggravations and annoyances are taking up too much mind space as my main coping mechanism is Not Happening for the next week or month or so, partly by my own stupidity. So I'm posting stupid **** to relieve the pent-up frustrations. Other issues abound but I can't quite figure them out yet, no point in giving voice to them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads