• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
marsupials at blackjack -_- dealer shows an ace... dude with a 12 doesn't hit on ace. screws deck up for everyone... multiple times.

yjeezle ends up losing $500

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

Wait until you try house hunting. Then mortgage hunting. Then agent hunting to sell your current house.
Stay a renter. :(

I don't think we're looking for ridiculous things. it's just stressful when our lease ends in a month and a week and we haven't found a new place.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get that diagnosed at your mechanic?
Serios: that sucks. Shoulder injuries are a *****.

No, and mechanic still doesnt have **** to tell me. ugh

You've hit a streak of bad luck. Hope this is the end of it.

I've actually been really lucky lately, so they're just minor setbacks, but they're still pretty ******* inconvenient. I'm operating on the assumption its just a strain unless its not feeling better by about thursday.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
marsupials at blackjack -_- dealer shows an ace... dude with a 12 doesn't hit on ace. screws deck up for everyone... multiple times.

yjeezle ends up losing $500

Wait, wait, how does another player's actions mess you up?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No, and mechanic still doesnt have **** to tell me. ugh

What'd you do to your shoulder? I've had a variety of injuries from lifting but thankfully no shoulder problems aside from minor strains. Everybody tells me that once you seriously **** up your shoulder, it never really comes back :confused:

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, wait, how does another player's actions mess you up?

you screw up the deck by not knowing how to play the basic strategy.

if the dealer could bust out on a 16, but another dude takes the dealer's bust card you can end up losing it for everyone.

dealer shows a 6.

player 1: 20
player 2: 19
player 3: 14

player 1 & 2 stay.
player 3: hits, draws a 10 busts out.
dealer flips face down card: shows a 16. draws again. draws 5.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What'd you do to your shoulder? I've had a variety of injuries from lifting but thankfully no shoulder problems aside from minor strains. Everybody tells me that once you seriously **** up your shoulder, it never really comes back
confused.gif

Long story, really. I have **** tendons, hyperlax/underdeveloped because of a childhood illness combined with a number of injuries. My shoulders pop out of the socket if I pick up anything much heavier than a gallon of milk, but I've trained my muscles to pick up the slack. That being said, I overdid it working out yesterday, and it was either the excessive number/weight of bicep curls (I was kinda jerking them toward the end) the overhead, bell up kettlebell presses (probably bad form) which I also did about 2x the number of reps and sets I should have, the pushups I was doing on kettlebells (ball on floor, holding handle, feet on medicine balls) because I fell a bit. Or pushing my broken down wreck of a car half a mile solo, largely uphill, and around two tight corners.

I'm not a bodybuilder, and I tend to work out sporadically (I try for every day and tend to double up if I miss a day) and this was obviously too much for one day. I can lift my arm upright to the front and side, though it hurts like hell, but not back, and not horizontally to the back more than about 5 degrees past straight out... I managed to do a pushup, pullup, and curl, but it hurt so bad I couldn't breathe after. I guess I'll find out if its not better soon and I have to go to a doc, but I'm really hoping it doesnt come to that.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if the dealer could bust out on a 16, but another dude takes the dealer's bust card you can end up losing it for everyone.
dealer shows a 6.
player 1 & 2 stay.

player 1 & 2 stay.
player 3: hits, draws a 5 shows 19 stays.
dealer flips face down card: shows a 16. draws again. draws 10. Busts out.

The odds of this draw and the one you showed are exactly equal, player three's choice does not effect your chances at all. This is not saying anything about if player three should hit or not.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
There's a really nice new soccer field by my house and I want to start playing, but I don't have a ball. So I started looking to buy one, and I'm oddly disappointed that the classic soccer ball design has gone the way of the dinosaur. You'd figure there would be somebody who would still make a quality ball like this, but there really isn't. It's kind of sad really.

Last edited:

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dealer shows a 6.
player 1 & 2 stay.

player 1 & 2 stay.
player 3: hits, draws a 5 shows 19 stays.
dealer flips face down card: shows a 16. draws again. draws 10. Busts out.

The odds of this draw and the one you showed are exactly equal, player three's choice does not effect your chances at all. This is not saying anything about if player three should hit or not.

it's a similar scenario, but in general, when the dealer shows a 6, you know more often than not he's going to bust out.
it doesn't seem like it but who you play with matters.
Blackjack%20Strategy%20Chart%20Single%20Deck.gif

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's a similar scenario, but in general, when the dealer shows a 6, you know more often than not he's going to bust out.

As I said in my post I was not commenting on if player 3 should hit or stand, stand is the better option (depending on how many high cards are showing/been dealt) but that does not have an effect on player 1 or 2, the dealer is just as likley to bust out either way.

Last edited:

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: it's a similar scenario, but in general, when the dealer shows a 6, you know more often than not he's going to bust out.

GAHHH. This is requiring to much thought from my finals-studying brain, so I shall defer right now, but you've move me from thinking 'sore loser' to thinking 'maybe he's making sense and I should read his post again later.' So, thanks, that's really interesting!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads