• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fucked up. in a meeting with some japanese guys last week they said at the end of the meeting "please email so and so to set up a discussion with our CEO, because we need hiim to understand that you are enthousiastic about moving forward". I sent an email that said "Mr. X suggested that I contact you and ask for a meeting with the CEO" and that wasn't what they wanted me to do, so I got a call this morning that was basically "hey, don't you understand the sublety of how we think".
oh, well, such is life

What... that's a standard business letter, what were they expecting?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worst bankruptcy clients ever. Every time I talk to them they have suddenly remembered another creditor. This couple owned like 20 different businesses in the last 7 years and most of them are bankrupt. Well I was about to turn in my 2nd amended schedule yesterday when one of them sent an email telling me about 2.3 MILLION dollars in secondary obligations that just popped into their heads. SMH. How do you just forget defaulting on 2.3 million dollars?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they were expecting that I, the red headed forign devil, would read between the lines. honestly, I should have been sure to clarify what they wanted, because I remember being a little confused and thinking that I might not have gotten all the nuances of what they were thinking, and I was right, I didn't. but that is life. nobody died because of it.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone is pissing me off today. People are posting dumb **** on FB, seems like people I am coming into contact with @ work are being thickheaded, lots to do, and goddammit I CAN'T WORK WITH THIS KIND OF STUPIDITY!

I'm probably going to end up going off on somebody on FB today.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

they were expecting that I, the red headed forign devil, would read between the lines. honestly, I should have been sure to clarify what they wanted, because I remember being a little confused and thinking that I might not have gotten all the nuances of what they were thinking, and I was right, I didn't. but that is life. nobody died because of it.

yeah i get the feeling you're far too direct for japan.

you probably weren't supposed to say "hey i need you to set me up a meeting with the CEO" so much as "oh my goodness i hope you will relate my everlasting devotion to this project and my respect and willingness to bend over to your most esteemed dear leader."

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yeah i get the feeling you're far too direct for japan.
you probably weren't supposed to say "hey i need you to set me up a meeting with the CEO" so much as "oh my goodness i hope you will relate my everlasting devotion to this project and my respect and willingness to bend over to your most esteemed dear leader."

I have the same impression...

The straight forward approach is not received well by the Japanese psyche.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yep.
BTW: my son just called me up. He forgot his basketball clothes. Remembered his manga book but forgot that Tuesdays are basketball days and have been since September.
at least he remembered his lunch this time. :/

I remember as a kid coming home with all kinds of **** on a regular basis, stray animals, a 20 kilogram boulder that I thought was cool etc; My mother would always ask me things like;
Fangmum: "where is your school bag and your shoes?"
Fang: "Umm I can't remember, maybe on the sports oval".

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Also pissing me off: Craigslist Scammers.

I should have known better than to a) list something on CL and b) respond to the first two "is this still available?" e-mails, but these are my responses:

I really appreciate your response to my email. I want you to consider it sold, Pls do withdraw the advert from CL to avoid disturbance,anyway I don't have time to come over to take a look because of my Business but you don't need to bother yourself with the shipment, I'll take care of that by engaging the services of a shipper, hence I'll be sending a Certified check and it will be delivered to you via United Parcel Service (UPS), so I'll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

Full name on the check.
Full Physical address to post the check
City, State and Zip Code
Home & Cell Phone to contact you.

Note that the payment will be shipped to your address via UPS NEXT DAY AIR SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my shipper to come over as soon as you have cashed the check*

N.B UPS does not deliver to a P.O box addresses.Thanks

and

Hi,
Am glad it's available. I'm going on a vacation to London but I will instruct my assistant to prepare and mail your payment which I'm sure you will get in about4 - 6 business days. I'll add $20 extra for the delay. I'll pay by M O or cashier check so send me your info (i.e full name, mailing address and your phone number) so payment can be mailed out immediately. I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will be after you must have received and cashed the payment. Awaiting your info.
Thanks

Now, I may be a rookie here in selling something through CL, but I ain't that dumb.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ damn. I have a sailboat I need to get rid of.

Anybody wanna buy a sailboat? Can't really ship it, though.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can it be pulled behind a pickup truck? I'll come take it off your hands for the asking price. Do you accept personal checks?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Can it be pulled behind a pickup truck? I'll come take it off your hands for the asking price. Do you accept personal checks?

Not without severe modifications, or a hovercraft mod on your pickup. When we bought it, we were told by a few people we would have no trouble sailing it to Mexico or New Orleans. It has a 5' draft and weighs 6500#

And, FWIW, we put in a lot of work, but some work remains, so the asking price is pretty reasonable.

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have hit literally all but two thrift stores in a 20 mile radius of my house in the last week.

My finds:

A chewed up brioni shirt made for a morbidly obese gorilla.

A chewed up brooks brothers OCBD that would have been nice if it was in good condition, colors I liked, or my size.

Two brooks brothers US made egyptian cotton dress shirts that would have fit me perfectly if they didn't have orange collars and pit stains down to the waist band.

A bunch of NWOT Lauren Ralph Lauren "Men's Dress Shirts" which was particularly interesting because I'm fairly certain that they're a ladies brand, corroborated by the fact they all buttoned the wrong way.

Hopefully the Salvy Army up north and the Trenton Goodwill will yield better results, but I pretty emphatically doubt that will bear any fruit.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is a great example of the kind of stupidity I have been seeing everywhere today. Is there something in the water?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads