• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^Thanks, GF. Yeah, I'm really hoping the city or Caltrans will kick me down something but I can't pin my hopes on that. Like they say, s*** happens. I really hope no one hits it and wrecks. A cop drove by while I was changing the tire and I was going to tell him/her about what happened but they drove past me! Lol.

To protect and serve.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was hoping to have lost more weight this week. i did not. :*****:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the people who designed the lighting in my condo were playing a big practical joke. But the builders didn't get the joke and installed it anyway. To change a bulb requires a 15-step procedure, each step of which risks destroying the fixture. Also, each bulb seems to cost two weeks of salary.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

(...)
I read somewhere that people who run marathons (and engage in other high-intensity sports) actually tend to get sick more often that those who exercise moderately. Basically, on a scale from sedentary to marathoner, the best place to be is in the middle.

There may be some truth to that, but I haven't been running high mileage and have kept myself going pretty well on the nutrition front. A friend who also used to run marathons gave me a list of things to take and I was fine up until this week when everyone got the same damn cold, and I had made a stupid decision which put me into overtraining. (a 23-miler, followed up by 800m repeats on the track two days later). After that, I was hosed.

I'm pretty sure the people who designed the lighting in my condo were playing a big practical joke. But the builders didn't get the joke and installed it anyway. To change a bulb requires a 15-step procedure, each step of which risks destroying the fixture. Also, each bulb seems to cost two weeks of salary.

When we moved into the current house, I was astonished to discover that it used - no joke - 15 different sizes and capacities of bulbs. FIFTEEN.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What kind of salary are we talking about to start with?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What kind of salary are we talking about to start with?

I'm a modest man, and so I don't like to boast about my salary. So let me just put it this way: each bulb costs around $8000. (Those are US dollars, in case there is any confusion.)

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

what the f kind of bulb costs 8 grand?
i smell bs

Maybe they are just overcharging me because they know what a big-timer I am. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nice troll attempt.

anyway, what's pissing me off -- just got back a project review from my manager. it wasn't as great as i expected and that's because the project itself was a ************* project. in the words of my own manager, "we never should have taken on the project from the client." it was set up for failure (and it eventually did when we canned the project because it just wasn't going anywhere). anyway, all that **** trickled downstream to me and i didn't get the score i was hoping for.

SO ******* UNFAIR.

i was never set up for success and I'm pissed that my manager didn't recognize that.

and now i don't even know if its worth it to discuss this with my admin manager because i don't want to come off as defensive and 'disobedient,' but there are several anecdotes i can use to counter some of the constructive criticism i got. i mean, at this point, it's not like my review is going to change, but i don't want any perceptions on my abilities to arise and stick from this one project review. if anything, i want to ask that it don't count just because the project was so atypical and overall a **** project.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice troll attempt.
anyway, what's pissing me off -- just got back a project review from my manager. it wasn't as great as i expected and that's because the project itself was a ************* project. in the words of my own manager, "we never should have taken on the project from the client." it was set up for failure (and it eventually did when we canned the project because it just wasn't going anywhere). anyway, all that **** trickled downstream to me and i didn't get the score i was hoping for.
SO ******* UNFAIR.
i was never set up for success and I'm pissed that my manager didn't recognize that.
and now i don't even know if its worth it to discuss this with my admin manager because i don't want to come off as defensive and 'disobedient,' but there are several anecdotes i can use to counter some of the constructive criticism i got. i mean, at this point, it's not like my review is going to change, but i don't want any perceptions on my abilities to arise and stick from this one project review. if anything, i want to ask that it don't count just because the project was so atypical and overall a **** project.
Welp that sucks ass :(

It does, though, give you a chance to show that you're proactive. Corner your manager and very politely tell him you feel that the project was never really going to work out, and you'd like a chance to show him how good you are, so you want to take over responsibility of a new project if one is available, to satisfy both yourself and make your feedback score look better.

****** situation to be in, but you're in a good position to turn that loss into a win. If he's admitting they shouldn't have taken the project he probably feels like he owes you one. If that doesn't work, THEN worry about going to the admin manager. Its always a bad idea to jump the chain of command til you've exhausted all other options.

Just my opinion, whatever that's worth.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Welp that sucks ass :(

It does, though, give you a chance to show that you're proactive. Corner your manager and very politely tell him you feel that the project was never really going to work out, and you'd like a chance to show him how good you are, so you want to take over responsibility of a new project if one is available, to satisfy both yourself and make your feedback score look better.

****** situation to be in, but you're in a good position to turn that loss into a win. If he's admitting they shouldn't have taken the project he probably feels like he owes you one. If that doesn't work, THEN worry about going to the admin manager. Its always a bad idea to jump the chain of command til you've exhausted all other options.

Just my opinion, whatever that's worth.

thanks for the suggestion, but at this point, i can't do what you recommend because I'm on a travel-based project for the long term and i won't have the chance to work with said project manager for a while.

i guess he doesn't remember his own feelings towards the project when we first got staffed on it, cause he sure as hell did not play up the point of it being a very atypical one that shouldn't have been staffed. and not only did he say it shouldn't be staffed at all, he said that staffing a new analyst (ME) on it was a terrible idea because it wouldn't provide any opportunities to develop skills that a regular, 'good' project would.

i feel betrayed.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads