• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
..or Sam and Diane - once those two got together, they had to write Diane out of the show. For that matter, how about Luke and Lorelei? Star-crossed and meant to be together, but never to be.

Did GG end with Luke and Lorelei together or not? Didn't Rory end up with no man and going to Princeton Law?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Did GG end with Luke and Lorelei together or not? Didn't Rory end up with no man and going to Princeton Law?

You know, I stopped watching after Lorelei married Christoper, but I did catch some of the last episode. When the Palladinos stopped writing, the snappy dialog fell flat, which was a large part of the charm. Anyway, Luke and Lorelei were thawing at the end but weren't officially together, and Rory left the blond guy. I didn't know about Princeton Law, though - was Conne on the show? I totally see him as Kirk.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's talk about The Hills!!!!!

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Virgin 7 jumped the shark when you wanted us to believe Jamie was a girl. There are certain plot tensions that should never get resolved, like Carrie finally marrying Big.

I will +1 this.

If Neo would have taken the time to slowly morph instead of turning on a dime I would still enjoy his character. I no longer read the garbage he writes.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just received another job rejection..

Looks like I'm actually going to be unemployed upon graduation..

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
I will +1 this.

If Neo would have taken the time to slowly morph instead of turning on a dime I would still enjoy his character. I no longer read the garbage he writes.

If this wasn't coming from a second-rate Hoss, I'd actually be offended.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I have a major piss off: no drinking for a week. This ties with the other pisser: developed a cyst on my right shoulder blade over the weekend and had to have a quick I&D done. Yuck.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a major piss off: no drinking for a week. This ties with the other pisser: developed a cyst on my right shoulder blade over the weekend and had to have a quick I&D done. Yuck.

ouch on the cyst

double ouch on no drinking

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some garbage juice leaked out of the bag and attracted ants. i cleaned the whole thing up but i have this sensation that ants are crawling all over me. *shudder*

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Just received another job rejection..

Looks like I'm actually going to be unemployed upon graduation..

Eh, some unemployment after graduation is not so bad...you've got the rest of your life to work.

I took the day off today (I had to leave at 4 or so but I decided to just take the whole day for fun) and riding my bike around at 10 in the morning gave me fond memories of the summer/fall of 2009 that I spent unemployed. I mean, I like having money and a future and all...but I was glad that I didn't dive right in a few weeks after graduation.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Eh, some unemployment after graduation is not so bad...you've got the rest of your life to work.

I took the day off today (I had to leave at 4 or so but I decided to just take the whole day for fun) and riding my bike around at 10 in the morning gave me fond memories of the summer/fall of 2009 that I spent unemployed. I mean, I like having money and a future and all...but I was glad that I didn't dive right in a few weeks after graduation.

It just really stung this time because I have directly relevant experience to this job I applied for. I was kind of confident that I would get an offer.. but alas.. no.

I've been through at least 15-20 interviews and around 7 or 8 final round interviews. Rejection after each and every one really sucks and gets discouraging.

That being said, I just applied to around 10-15 more firms today.. most of them through online job applications that probably never even get looked at.. but still.

Were you unemployed because you couldn't find a job either? Or was it a personal choice to have a break after college?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we left my 4 year old twins with a baby sitter for 24 hours, while we took a short trip with my son. the baby sitter is the 19 year old daughter of our ex-nanny. we had taken the girl with us on a week long vacation earlier this year, and she does a lot of babysitting for us. the set up was that the girl would stay with the kids the whole time, the mother would sleep over at our house, and the girl would walk the kids into pre-school in the morning and walk them back. simple.

anyway, after we get back, the girls tell us that the baby sitters took them in the car so that they (the baby sitters) could play a game of soccer with their league, and then took them to get mcdonalds. they weren't supposed to drive with the kids, because they don't have car seats, or good insurance, and I am not really sure about their driver's licenses.

the baby sitters didn't tell us this, as a matter of fact, they told us something totally diferent.

so, sure, hard to believe a 4 year old, but its also hard to believe that they could have made up so much detail, and also be able to tell details about ti when seperate.

now I am screwed - I really should fire the babysitter, but the kids like her, she does good work usually, etc. my wife is totally pissed off about this.

zeezee

Reaction score
seeing justin biebers stupid face every where
devil.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
zack, that is a **** situation. we had something vaguely similar - I think i mentioned in this thread my wife's SS card and passport disappeared one Friday after the cleaning ladies were over. They were in a ziplock bag on the dining room table and when we came home the ziplock was there but the items were missing. we've had these housekeepers for a few years and they've been very trustworthy - my wife has jewelry out all the time and there's never been any question. it's been a month or so and we've literally looked everywhere, searching every night, looking behind cabinets, everything. finally my wife had to call the boss woman last night and ask if there had been anyone "new" and explain the situation. She super-duper soft-pedaled it but the implications were obvious. It didn't really go anywhere - there was nobody new - and now the boss lady is pissed at us for accusing her girls of stealing and my wife is pissed her stuff is gone and there's really nothing that can be done. Also pissing me off today - wife's brakes were making noise, i was expecting to have to replace them this morning, but as usual got hit with the "your belts are dry-rotted and need replacing and also your brake fluid and transmission fluid are filthy and need replacing and you're overdue for an oil change" routine "but if you sign here i can have you in a loaner and on your way."
ffffuuuu.gif
there goes $1,500 two weeks before I close on my rehab financing.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smith.Johnson