• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was timely to note here. A few things that dropped today at Union. Two different brands, one of which is a US brand from California.

Today on Neighborhood's instagram :

Last edited:

volatile

Reaction score

I thought this was timely to note here. A few things that dropped today at Union. Two different brands, one of which is a US brand from California.

Today on Neighborhood's instagram :

Don't have a problem with that Neighbourhood flyer (Nazis don't have a monopoly on skulls and lightning bolts), but yep, that BxR stuff is over the line (especially given the brand name...), and the Phenomenon 88 stuff is just ugly (aesthetically, politically) and lazy.

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't have a problem with that Neighbourhood flyer (Nazis don't have a monopoly on skulls and lightning bolts), but yep, that BxR stuff is over the line (especially given the brand name...), and the Phenomenon 88 stuff is just ugly (aesthetically, politically) and lazy.

However, when you combine the two it sends a clear message.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty sure the BxR stuff is referencing the year 1988. That brand is all about anti-gentrification and being born and raised in the cali areas that are now driving out the people who were raised there. Maybe Spanto was born in '88 or something.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

But yet you guys have no problem eith thay RRL cowboy **** and native american imagery?

No, I hate that ****.

Pretty sure the BxR stuff is referencing the year 1988. That brand is all about anti-gentrification and being born and raised in the cali areas that are now driving out the people who were raised there. Maybe Spanto was born in '88 or something. 

Funny, I immediately interpreted it as anti-immigrant.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Welcome to Miami

Maison Martin Margiela
- Navy Collarless Polo - Cream Silk Blend Trousers - Tan Replica Military Cuban Heel Sidezips - Cartier

I like that colorless polo. Where you find that....and those viscose knits?! :slayer:

Well the collarless polo was SS12 I beleive and you'd be surprised at how many pms I get about my viscose knits which are from SS10. I've asked Margiela directly about them with no luck and have never see them sold anywhere (I did see one in size S here but I think it was up for a trade) Maybe one will turn up in Japan or something. If I find any in my size it's an instant buy though haha

psydle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow this was the WWTWIB1941 (What Were They Wearing In Berlin 1941) thread for a while there.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am probably making a huge mistake by getting involved in this discussion, but here is some additional context on the number 88. This is all second hand info to me, so maybe someone else here can confirm/deny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads