• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I dunno, I have a thing for garments that cram together different samples from the history of menswear, like the frankenclothes that Margiela or KVA or Mihara often create. It's such a raw celebration of clothing for clothing's sake, basically forcing the viewer to look beyond the garment itself and consider the context to even understand wtf is going on. I'm a fan.

the term "frankengarment" did come to mind. what is the context you see that i'm missing here?

Hyperios

Reaction score
Great shops, but less my style. What do you guys think of Endclothing.co.uk? They seem to have a lot of the brands people wear here and they are UK based.

Anyone has any experience with them?

Only bought from end a few times but their service has been very good and they usually have a good selection. Matchesfashion might be worth checking out, they also have stores in London so that's a bonus if you live there.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

same, same.

linen/silk
linen
cotton
canvas

Finally the GATs are gone
thumbs-up.gif

VitaTimH

Reaction score
@kgfan5 While I'm a fan of some of the jackets from that season, I have to agree with most everyone else about that particular model. If other people are interested, I personally think this one is the best:

Also, today --

Thrift
Sasquatchfabrix
Engineered Garments
n(n) converse

I'm not too sure about the jacket; while I think the color and texture works together in an interesting way, something seems off now that I'm looking at the picture. Also I recently swapped out my black laces for white ones so it'll take a minute before they're properly beat up.

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

Reaction score

Niche. denim chore coat
Engineered Garments shawl collar flannel
Engineered Garments cinch-pant
Engineered Garments x Vans slip-ons

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
I'm a little split on the vitamin fit! On one hand, I like the silhouette and the colors and the relaxed bricolage-y vibe

On the other hand, the whiff of 90s Planet Hollywood Style is very difficult to shake

Everybody looks dope in this except for Charlie Sheen and Don Johnson

For vitatim, I wanted to say that cuffing up the jacket sleeves would make it work, but then that would make cuffing at the ankles and wrists. I think pinroll the trousers so they fall on the sneakers, and then cuff the jacket sleeves and it could be the right kind of sleazy.

Last edited:

planetarium

Reaction score
I'm not going to defend the Japanese tendency to use western imagery and concepts without fully researching them, but it's almost certainly not intentional and obscure enough that they would never be publicly called out on it, necessitating rethought. Japan is still very much an island nation in many ways.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Great shops, but less my style. What do you guys think of Endclothing.co.uk? They seem to have a lot of the brands people wear here and they are UK based.

Anyone has any experience with them?

That's who I was going to recommend when I saw your earlier post. I'm in the US obviously but I've ordered from them several times and have no complaints. In fact, things arrive with a couple days here, so I imagine shipping times are even better within the UK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads