• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wbaker, the top half of that outfit is too tight for the straight legged pants and long undershirt. .. in particular, that white Cloak jacket looks tiny
Swap out the top for something a bit more loose + casual and it'll look good

coolron

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

There is a long way to go before I could actually reasonably be able to sell them though. These are literally the first pair of shoes I have ever made.

Since they are my first pair they are only glued, but my next pair I am going to attempt a welt so we will see how that goes. I was surprised to find they are actually really comfortable to walk in, although I've only worn them for a short amount of time. I want to keep them pristine because I am angling to find a bespoke shoemaker who is willing to teach me the finer points of shoe construction before I start producing anything for sale.

My end goal is eventually to be able to make really small runs of hand-stitched, hand-lasted and hand-welted shoes. I have no idea of what they may eventually cost if I ever even get to that stage though because it is just way too early in the process to be able to say. I'm going to be doing a lot more experimentation with different leathers and learning better construction techniques to make sure they are actually a quality product before I even think about selling anything.

I have some pictures from the construction process if people are interested but I wasn't sure if there is a more appropriate place to post it rather than clogging up this thread.

That's really cool, I'm looking to do the same thing and going to start learning bespoke shoemaking in a month. Good luck with your experiments!

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wish i had time to keep up with this thread like i used to :(

thought it would be cool to wear this to a children's christmas choir in pensacola. i'm not a part of your system!:foo:

I'm sure they'll be glad you thought of them! :happy:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

There is a long way to go before I could actually reasonably be able to sell them though. These are literally the first pair of shoes I have ever made.

Since they are my first pair they are only glued, but my next pair I am going to attempt a welt so we will see how that goes. I was surprised to find they are actually really comfortable to walk in, although I've only worn them for a short amount of time. I want to keep them pristine because I am angling to find a bespoke shoemaker who is willing to teach me the finer points of shoe construction before I start producing anything for sale.

My end goal is eventually to be able to make really small runs of hand-stitched, hand-lasted and hand-welted shoes. I have no idea of what they may eventually cost if I ever even get to that stage though because it is just way too early in the process to be able to say. I'm going to be doing a lot more experimentation with different leathers and learning better construction techniques to make sure they are actually a quality product before I even think about selling anything.

I have some pictures from the construction process if people are interested but I wasn't sure if there is a more appropriate place to post it rather than clogging up this thread.

How long did those take you to make? Amazing!

Naka

Reaction score

I think that's really cool, except for the footwear, which looks way too feminine. Not sure if it's the context of the fit, or the sandals themselves that make them look that way.

Thatoneguy, those are both great. The one with the hat has a Sergio Leone vibe which is really cool.

Spacepope, that is one of my favorite fits of yours.

Yeah I'm on the fence about them but it was hot.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DLester, sorry bro but I'm going against the grain. The coat almost looks regal, and doesn't work with such a casual outfit. See Ghostface's phenomenal fit for how to wear a dramatic coat. Bene had the same problem recently (IMO) with his fit with what might be the same coat. If you just switched the white jeans out, it would probably work for me.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no seahawks fit?

not feelin dlester sweater under coat look, synergy feels off
DLester, sorry bro but I'm going against the grain. The coat almost looks regal, and doesn't work with such a casual outfit. See Ghostface's phenomenal fit for how to wear a dramatic coat. Bene had the same problem recently (IMO) with his fit with what might be the same coat. If you just switched the white jeans out, it would probably work for me.

+1

Eddiee

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend referencing Ghostface since the fit on those two coats is worlds different.
My issue is with how sharply tailored that coat looks. The collar on the shirt and sweater just seem sloppy in comparison.
Agree about the white jeans, as well. Strike me as a seasonal anomaly here.

Last edited:

KongGeorgeVII

Reaction score

That's really cool, I'm looking to do the same thing and going to start learning bespoke shoemaking in a month. Good luck with your experiments!

Good luck to you too! Have you had any experience making shoes yet?

How long did those take you to make? Amazing!

It's really hard to put a figure on it. I made them as part of a short course at a local university. Roughly 45 hours of tuition but a lot of that time was spent waiting for advice from our the tutor or waiting for glue to dry. I also spent at least 8-10 hours at home doing the hand stitching.

I would estimate it might take 30 hours of work to make them again with more time waiting for glue to dry and the soaking/drying distressing process.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads