• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This week we have got Greg flaunting his favourites from AW14,
Greg wears...

OTHER JAMES OVERSIZED RAGLAN SHIRT

OUR LEGACY CRINKLED T SHIRT

OTHER EDWARD BLACK TROUSERS

EYTYS SNEAKERS

AM SUNGLASSES

MATTHEW MILLER WHITE TEE

MATTHEW MILLER SWEATSHIRT

OTHER EDWARD CHALKSTIPE TROUSERS

SIDIAN FLANNEL ZIP SHIRT

SIDIAN FLANNEL CREW NECK TEE

OTHER CECIL HERRINGBONE TROUSERS

EYTYS SNEAKERS

Let us know what you think of his choices, do you think he wore it well? How would you wear it?

Looking forward to seeing your styles.
Cheers,
Will

stop quoting what?

Watashidake

Reaction score

Comme des Garçons Homme Plus AW00 wool herringbone tweed jacket
Uniqlo linen shirt
Comme des Garçons Homme Plus AW99 pleated tweed trousers
DMs

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

apc
uniqlo
schneider
apc
eastlondonbrewery cowcatcher pale ale (recommended)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have found windowpane jackets like like to be hard for some reason, I much prefer them as a full suit, but dammit Tira you are wurkin it.

other-shop

Reaction score
I am completely disinterested in seeing any store's pseudo lookbook posts in the WAYWT thread. It is denotatively not WAYWT, it's What We Would Like You to Buy Today. The concept is, "Let us show you our wares." That doesn't belong in the member-centric content of the forum. I'm not censuring them – I am suggesting ways that they could improve their marketing tactic (which is what this is, even on its face) to make it less obtrusively obnoxious.

When you start letting advertorial **** bleed in, it's when you start losing value to your members. It betrays the underlying conceptual maxim of what this specific thread is; who knows when someone's posting a fit because they think it's dope af vs. they were paid by the "social media marketing" team at J. Crew? I'm not interested in that. I'm interested in seeing what people like me – consumers of these goods – do with them, not what the store selling them thinks I ought to do. If I wanted the latter, I'd follow their affiliate thread, which is the correct place for the majority of this kind of content.
Quote:
Pros will always rep their own stuff. Antonio of Eidos, the NMWA guys, Henry Carter, all do this well, and part of that is by embracing the forum ethos, and operating within its generally accepted protocols. So, I agree with you, but only in part. If Chris had
posted as himself, and wrote: "tried out some of the stuff we have," no one would have blinked. But the copy was not well done, and did not respect the forum format.

This type of exercise only works if it is done in a way that is both honestly and we'll, and with a light, deft, hand. This was honest in intent, but failed in other respects.

Apologies guys,

Completely understand the reaction to the post.

Naturally it was not intended to irritate anyone nor go against the values of the forum, we're very sorry if it came across crass in any way.
The looks, although styled and selected by Mr Hewitt himself, were obviously not all from his personal collection!
We admit it was rather clumsy on our part and in all honesty, we're quite new to the SF community, but don't worry we've learnt from our mistake
shog[1].gif

Look forward to showing you some more legit looks in the future!

All the best,

Will

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Apologies guys, 

Completely understand the reaction to the post.

Naturally it was not intended to irritate anyone nor go against the values of the forum, we're very sorry if it came across crass in any way.
The looks, although styled and selected by Mr Hewitt himself, were obviously not all from his personal collection!
We admit it was rather clumsy on our part and in all honesty, we're quite new to the SF community, but don't worry we've learnt from our mistake 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

Look forward to showing you some more legit looks in the future! 

All the best, 

Will 

Thanks Will. You guys have some great stuff and high taste levels. Just want to see that shown in a way that does the store justice.

Cheers,

Fok.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stop quoting what?
Hey Guys,

Greg wears...

OTHER JAMES OVERSIZED RAGLAN SHIRT OUR LEGACY CRINKLED T SHIRT OTHER EDWARD BLACK TROUSERS EYTYS SNEAKERS

[COLOR=9197A3] [/COLOR]
AM SUNGLASSES MATTHEW MILLER WHITE TEE MATTHEW MILLER SWEATSHIRT OTHER EDWARD CHALKSTIPE TROUSERS

[COLOR=9197A3] [/COLOR]
SIDIAN FLANNEL ZIP SHIRT SIDIAN FLANNEL CREW NECK TEE OTHER CECIL HERRINGBONE TROUSERS EYTYS SNEAKERS

Let us know what you think of his choices, do you think he wore it well? How would you wear it? Looking forward to seeing your styles. Cheers, Will
this

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, everyone please stop quoting the post below.
Hey Guys,

Greg wears...

OTHER JAMES OVERSIZED RAGLAN SHIRT OUR LEGACY CRINKLED T SHIRT OTHER EDWARD BLACK TROUSERS EYTYS SNEAKERS

[COLOR=9197A3] [/COLOR]
AM SUNGLASSES MATTHEW MILLER WHITE TEE MATTHEW MILLER SWEATSHIRT OTHER EDWARD CHALKSTIPE TROUSERS

[COLOR=9197A3] [/COLOR]
SIDIAN FLANNEL ZIP SHIRT SIDIAN FLANNEL CREW NECK TEE OTHER CECIL HERRINGBONE TROUSERS EYTYS SNEAKERS

Let us know what you think of his choices, do you think he wore it well? How would you wear it? Looking forward to seeing your styles. Cheers, Will

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads