• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What, nobody liked this? This looks awesome. That blue jacket is awesome. Who makes it?
happy.gif

Thanks, it's Ksubi. Thick cotton outer and a flannel inner. Not too insulating so it's nice for the Australian winter.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

out of anyone here I'm pretty sure tagutcow is the greatest at personal style. time travelin' surf dude is a good look on him and if he ever wore devoa or slp or took better pictures than a 90s camera phone I'm pretty sure a great universal imbalance has occured

prawnz

Reaction score
tried a #menswear look on the weekend with stuff I have

h&m/h&m/michelsons of london/cos/allen edmonds
the jacket is pretty wrinkly and fits kind of poorly, I probably could've adjusted it a bit better for the picture but ah well. removed the padding myself so it's supposed to look pretty casual

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I like it cause the stuff looks worn in and comfortable/casual. Doesn't look like you're playing dress-up. When I think #menswear it's like freshly pressed bulging too-tight chartreuse pants or whatever the ****.

Last edited:

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

out of anyone here I'm pretty sure tagutcow is the greatest at personal style. time travelin' surf dude is a good look on him and if he ever wore devoa or slp

A consistent source of income would certainly help, although I'm not sure I'd do things radically different- at least aesthetic-wise- if I had money. In North Carolina, the primary fashion consideration is not sweating balls. For a long time I was hamstrung by lack of footwear that worked well with the jeans I had, but the late additions of the Paul Smith boots and Gucci sneakers helped ameliorate that situation (and at ~$400 each, cost far, far more than a person of my lowly economic station should reasonably be paying for shoes.) This fall I'm going to try to get a pair of Japanese denim jeans- probably Flathead- to replace the 5EPs, hopefully get a decent leather jacket, and try to coast on the wardrobe I have for five or more years.

or took better pictures than a 90s camera phone I'm pretty sure a great universal imbalance has occured

I'm as mystified as to why the photos look as awful as they do as anyone. When I bought it, the Canon PowerShot SD1000 was the point-and-shoot to have. It's the same camera I used to take pictures like this:

I guess it's better at photographing some types of derelict ruins than others. :rimshot:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Derelict my balls.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
prawnz, it has potential, but the blazer is almost comically small and brings the whole thing down. and i usually don't mind shorter blazers

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
still trying to figure out exactly how to style them so this is basic but the shoes are SO so cool and even cooler irl

This is a perfect place to start with wearing them, and for some reason I don't hate the backwards cap. keep on keepin on, man.

A consistent source of income would certainly help, although I'm not sure I'd do things radically different- at least aesthetic-wise- if I had money. In North Carolina, the primary fashion consideration is not sweating balls. For a long time I was hamstrung by lack of footwear that worked well with the jeans I had, but the late additions of the Paul Smith boots and Gucci sneakers helped ameliorate that situation (and at ~$400 each, cost far, far more than a person of my lowly economic station should reasonably be paying for shoes.) This fall I'm going to try to get a pair of Japanese denim jeans- probably Flathead- to replace the 5EPs, hopefully get a decent leather jacket, and try to coast on the wardrobe I have for five or more years.
I'm as mystified as to why the photos look as awful as they do as anyone. When I bought it, the Canon PowerShot SD1000 was the point-and-shoot to have. It's the same camera I used to take pictures like this:

I guess it's better at photographing some types of derelict ruins than others.
rimshot.gif

I think what gets a lot of long-time posters here that have seen you post in the past is your insistence to do things like buy $400 purple(?) gucci sneakers and not know what to wear them with, instead of just buying something more straightforward and easy to pair (read: boring) for like $200 and spending the rest of the money on some $10-20 plain white and solid color tees / pocket tees. It sounds boring or whatever but it's all in how you wear it. You've got "your things" like the hair and the muscles I guess, so it will still come across as your style even if the items are ubiquitous.

I mean take a look at nevergreen above - he has some $240 sneakers, a plain white pocket tee, and some pants that I'm almost positive will be cooler in hot weather than your jeans, and he looks great. The concept is still white tee, blue trousers, white sneakers but it's all his own. (I wore an identical combo of items yesterday, including a cap even, but looked entirely different from nevergreen). I'm not saying you need such directional footwear, but I think you can see what I'm getting at.

As for the photos, the camera is more than fine. It's just the dark interior space with the harsh flash that makes it unsettling

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
prawnz, it has potential, but the blazer is almost comically small and brings the whole thing down. and i usually don't mind shorter blazers

Yeah this is a big part of it. I think it would be like 2 steps improved though if he simply lost the tie, and probably a ton better if he went super casual with a white tee or something (not a slutty one, nor a constricting undershirt type one) but I'm having trouble visualizing it 100%

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Stanley, u two look so nice and friendly that I almost feel like I know u, and dog is awesome, but please dig a bit deeper in those big time lawyer pockets and find some moneda for better shoes.

These days I do have "better" shoes but sometimes/often I still prefer the loafers. #styleforumhatesloafers

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A consistent source of income would certainly help, although I'm not sure I'd do things radically different- at least aesthetic-wise- if I had money. In North Carolina, the primary fashion consideration is not sweating balls. For a long time I was hamstrung by lack of footwear that worked well with the jeans I had, but the late additions of the Paul Smith boots and Gucci sneakers helped ameliorate that situation (and at ~$400 each, cost far, far more than a person of my lowly economic station should reasonably be paying for shoes.) This fall I'm going to try to get a pair of Japanese denim jeans- probably Flathead- to replace the 5EPs, hopefully get a decent leather jacket, and try to coast on the wardrobe I have for five or more years.:

Why do you think Flathead jeans are going to look any better than the 5EPs? Honestly, Levis makes perfectly fine jeans, there's no need to spend that much on denim unless you want to nerd out about it.

But really, I'd suggest not wearing jeans, especially if a primary fashion consideration is not sweating balls.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads