• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrTony92

Reaction score
Thanks Brad. I think I might be a little too big for Rick stuff in general since everything runs so slim in the sleeves. The sweater is XL which fits my relatively narrow frame, but is a little too tight in the arms. I find the gym and clothes don't mesh too well. I end up trying to slim myself down with clothing most of the time
musicboohoo[1].gif

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I guess i'll be the first to post a picture after that...

Picture by @thatoneguy

14892832525_77a17efecd_c.jpg

Wool fabriczzzz
Vintage Workers Coat
Comme Des Garcons
Ann Demeulemeester
This is pretty much my daily uniform, those workers coats are the bomb. Great fit.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Pretty much all my Margiela knits and even my Viscose 5Zip fit slim on the arms. I like it a lot :eek:

Guy Burgess

Reaction score

Those CDG pants look like an ideal fit Guy, info? Looks awesome, always love your fits.

Thanks. They're from 1998 and have the seam allowance on the outside, like the 2d stuff from 2012. They're a really great thick wool, taper perfectly and have the turn ups built in - and are the spot on in the length for me. Definitely one of the better pairs of black trousers I've got over the years.

VitaTimH

Reaction score
I'm unfortunately not there right now or I'd definitely show you around! Some of my favorite places --

Shopping: I'm actually not a huge fan of shopping in Houston, but there are some cool places. Mortar (or whatever it's called now) has DRKSHDW and some other goofninja stuff, pretty cool store with nice staff. And Albert Huang of Collateral Concepts is doing his rotations at Methodist, I believe? He might be taking a year off this year to design medical instruments, or that could have been last year. Met up with him while I was at Rice, really amazingly talented and cool guy... might be worth messaging him to see if he has some free time (he's a busy dude). Galleria is a nice place to bring the ladies if you're from out of town but everyone from Htown has been there a million times already.

Restaurants: If you're only here for a few days you unfortunately won't be able to try all the amazing options. For fancy options, try Uchi's for Japanese fusion, or Underbelly for American food. For midrange options, I like Hay Merchant (also American food -- a nice gastro pub) Ninfas (Mexican -- make sure to go to the 'original' ninfas as it's expanded to a chain) and Kata Robata (Japanese -- sushi, etc.). There's probably the most options for cheap food... I'll categorize them according to my favorites smile.gif

Burgers:
Burger Guys -- a little hard to get to but WELL WORTH YOUR WHILE. MUST VISIT IMO
Lankford Grocery -- simple, high quality burgers. Less elaborate than burger guys, good if you like the taste of simple ground beef.
Stanton's -- really high rated on Yelp but I think it's mediocre compared to above. Still good though.
Elevation burger -- relatively new place. High customization.
Hubcap grill -- came here once, thought it was mediocre, but EVERYONE loves it. Maybe I went on an off day.

Ramen:
Kata Robata -- IMO best ramen in Houston hands down. Easy to get to as well. Also has quite high quality sushi, though no sushi in Houston is really that legit. Go for lunch, there is a discount on the ramen and it's a really good deal.
Tiger Den -- they use soba instead of true ramen but I still think it's quite good.
Fat Bao -- only serves ramen in the evenings, but is quite good. Also very worth going to for their other stuff.

Asian:
Fat Bao -- another must go IMO. They have "asian tacos".. you have to see it to get it I guess, but it's pretty amazing. Fries are legit too, as is the ramen.
Sandong Noodle House -- a bit out of the way in Bellaire (Chinatown), but has without a doubt the best dumplings and Chinese noodles in Houston.
Hokkaido -- cheap and good sushi, also in Chinatown. Owned by my relatives, so give us money please biggrin.gif
Brother's Restaurant -- best Taiwanese food in Houston imo.
MAMAK -- best Malaysian food in Houston imo.
Cali's -- best banh mi in Houston, and ridiculously cheap too. Also quite easy to get to.

Food trucks:
Oh my Gogi -- the original famous Houston food truck. Korean-Mexican fusion. Overpriced and overrated -- avoid.
Coreanos -- A newer truck, but does Korean-Mexican right imo. Probably my favorite food truck. Their burritos are bomb.
Chilantros -- see above.
I personally think a lot of the food trucks in Houston are really overrated.

Other:
Breakfast Klub -- the best chicken & waffles (or catfish) you'll ever have. But if you don't go at like 7AM it'll be packed. I think it's a must-go but it's so popular it might not be worth going out of your way.

Other stuff to do:
To be honest I'm not 100% sure what there is to do in Houston if you're by yourself. The sights are honestly not really worth seeing. Maybe bar hopping in Montrose (the 'hip' place to be) or Midtown. If you have a group, there are good rock climbing, skydiving, and paintballing places. Houston Zoo is unfortunately a bit lames. The medical center is actually a really interesting place to look around IMO, though I assume that's one of the reasons you're going. Rice University campus is ridiculously pretty imo. If you take a fit pic at Rice I'll give you mad thumbs

EDIT: I forgot the museums. They're definitely nice but I haven't been in a while so they slipped my mind.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna get my eat on.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's been entire months of no rain here in the bay area too... we're in a pretty bad drought.

We can go a month in Seattle without rain in the summer. We got some rain today for the first time in a while, sort of nice actually.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty much all my Margiela knits and even my Viscose 5Zip fit slim on the arms. I like it a lot :eek:

Same here, I really don't look right in anything that is full in the arms. Gives me an early 90s dad look. That was the main reason I returned a Lemaire peacoat; big poochy arms.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wearing yet again:

Thomas Pink pink end on end shirt (have 4 identical from their sale!)

PBJ purple face 1069-2-PP jeans

Having worn out 2 pairs of N and Fs this year, I'm concentrating on these for fades!!!(the N and Fs were only a year old!- I guess you get what you pay for...)

I do wash them and wear some of my other jeans, but love the way these are fading, and my denim ban is that once 2 pairs wear out, I can buy one new pair..otherwise my wardrobe would explode with jeans, and I wouldn't have time to wear them all!

Hopefully I won't wear out any more this year.....

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cooled down enough to wear long pants + vest
Vest is mostly for function when I don't carry a bag

Nonnative
AA
Lanvin
Guidi

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads