• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OR

get the patek before you get married boys

That is most definitely my current plan. Single Newcomer isn't going anywhere for a while.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have always been of the belief that if you repeatedly tell your SO that you are going to do something, and she never explicitly says no (implicitly, of course, does not count), then you are able to do such a thing with impunity. Now, with that said, I am currently singlin' and minglin', so it may be wise to take what I say with a grain of salt :stirpot:
And now, some duometre spherotourbillon pr0n! Going to be honest, initially I thought to myself: "beautiful watch, but don't know if I would be the type to wear it." After having looked at more live pics, I really have to admit that I would wear the hell out of this watch. I love the white textured dial. And the watch is just beautifully balanced.

Mas: http://www.watchesbysjx.com/2012/05/up-close-with-jlc-spherotourbillon.html

i would wear that watch every day. i love it. i have tried your belief, it did not work so well in practice for me.

I have found that it is much easier for a married watch afficianado to do something like this so long as the wife's desires are satisfied. The good news is that women needs lots of small jewelery pieces over time, rather than one expensive watch in one go.

In baseball terminology: give her lots of singles and doubles, then you can get your home run when you turn 65 (she will even be happy to do it methinks).

Such is life.

The speedy pro cost me a cartier and a sapphire set. What can I do shes pregnant :)

my wife is super low maintenance with clothing and jewelry, so its hard to set myself up with a big purchase that way.

best of luck with the pregnancy btw.

What is this theoretical concept you talk about ? :puzzled:

:laugh:

OR

if only i knew, and if i wasnt married at 20.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Absolutely gorgeous, definitely one of my grails. I hope you wear it in the best of health, and when you are no longer in the best of health, send it to me :).
Just kidding.
But really, that is just an unbelievable watch. That is close to the end of my "to buy before I die" list.

what's nice about it?

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
If I could distract you gentlemen from your grail dreams and fine timepeices.

I'm you're prototypical broke college kid looking to buy his first watch. I don't have nearly enough money as I would like to spend on this, so I'm looking to buy http://wornandwound.com/2012/04/13/graf-zeppelin-hindenburg-lz129-ref-7060/.

Thoughts on such a watch?

This would probably satiate me until I save up for my grail watch (JLC Master Ultra Thin/Master Ultra Thin Moon (Can't decide)).

JonathanCWalker

Reaction score
OR

Thats what I've done
biggrin.gif

JonathanCWalker

Reaction score

I'm you're prototypical broke college kid looking to buy his first watch. I don't have nearly enough money as I would like to spend on this, so I'm looking to buy http://wornandwound.com/2012/04/13/graf-zeppelin-hindenburg-lz129-ref-7060/.

This would probably satiate me until I save up for my grail watch (JLC Master Ultra Thin/Master Ultra Thin Moon (Can't decide)).
really like that. How much are you talking?

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm you're prototypical broke college kid looking to buy his first watch. I don't have nearly enough money as I would like to spend on this, so I'm looking to buy http://wornandwound.com/2012/04/13/graf-zeppelin-hindenburg-lz129-ref-7060/.

Hold off - you are just buying a bridging measure that will never quite satisfy and you are using up $550 that could go towards a MUT Moonphase - about 8% of the amount needed, which is not insubstantial.

Keep saving, don't go down the instant/transient gratification route and get yourself a watch you don't really want and will eventually outgrow.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what's nice about it?

simple, elegant, symmetrical, classic design. superb movement, top notch maker, great complication. anything else?

BUSP

Reaction score

simple, elegant, symmetrical, classic design. superb movement, top notch maker, great complication. anything else?

I've seen far superior designs, just as simple, elegant, symmetrical and classic, for approximately $80,000 cheaper. Not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads