• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Also, since you made us wait so long....you owe us at least one wrist shot :D

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, since you made us wait so long....you owe us at least one wrist shot :D
Thank everybody for their very nice comments. Here's the requested shot plus a bonus. Dachshund, we share the same taste in sport watches, no?

tigerpac

Reaction score
So was at an event for the Madison Ave Watch Week in NYC and went by the Montblanc boutique.

They've got some very solid very affordable entry-level stuff now. I couldn't help but think they would be good recommendations to friends just getting into watches.

e.g. http://www.montblanc.com/en-us/coll...-Montblanc-Star-Classique-Date-Automatic.html for under 4k. I like some of their newer stuff even more but no time to research pics.

They obviously have much higher haute stuff as well but something to think about. There aren't too many players that make dressy pieces in this range and the high-end at the same time - I know I get a fair amount of questions from friends looking for help for a first watch from a 'watch guy'.

Just food for thought.

191301-ecom-retina-01.png.adapt.1500.1500.png

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Ha! BH must break out in hives whenever frilly posts some of his action shots!

Thanks for posting, brax.

Very. Nice. Pair.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So was at an event for the Madison Ave Watch Week in NYC and went by the Montblanc boutique.

They've got some very solid very affordable entry-level stuff now. I couldn't help but think they would be good recommendations to friends just getting into watches.

Just food for thought.
Always fun to attend watch events. I could recommend Montblanc for pens, but that's about it. The main thing they excel at is putting small watch movements in large cases and making it rather obvious. Even in the lower price point ranges, I'd probably look toward other brands to recommend. Just my 2 cents.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha! BH must break out in hives whenever frilly posts some of his action shots!

Thanks for posting, brax.

Very. Nice. Pair.

Hahah!

Congrats on the new Patek @brax! Patek executes hunter's cases very well. Is that the cal 324 powering your new baby?

Sweden

Reaction score
Very nice brax! :)

Okey gents, i found this Explorer II at mywatch.dk full set. Only problem is the hard beating to it, how do you restore these deep dings?

tigerpac

Reaction score
The main thing they excel at is putting small watch movements in large cases and making it rather obvious. Even in the lower price point ranges, I'd probably look toward other brands to recommend. Just my 2 cents.

Interesting take. They surely are guilty of casing movement way too small for the case, which also bothers me. So that does cut out a lot of their line.

That said, the simple 3-handers don't have the cramped subdials and for 2-4k range look pretty solid. Other than Nomos I can't think of other companies in that range that can actually make their own stuff.

Don't own one and likely won't but was surprised by their wide range.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Very nice brax! :)

Okey gents, i found this Explorer II at mywatch.dk full set. Only problem is the hard beating to it, how do you restore these deep dings?

Only way to fix that would be to remove material until the deepest ding is out. I wouldn't recommend that. Either live with them or skip that piece.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very nice brax! :) Okey gents, i found this Explorer II at mywatch.dk full set. Only problem is the hard beating to it, how do you restore these deep dings?
If the price is good, I'd wear it as is. Sure, you didn't put the dings and scratches in it yourself, but they definitely add to the patina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads