• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch, my friend, how have you been?! I've finally made my way back to SF haha
A lot has changed, but overall I'm doing well.
Also, thank you for the tip! Excuse my ignorance, but changing time both directions does not hurt the watch? The second JLC is the local one.

doing well, very nice to see you back. glad you are well, too!

changing the time in either direction should not damage a watch at all.

i am a huge franboi of the JLC MUT and MUT Moon. could not rec those strongly enough.

So, what do y'all think about the new Piaget Altiplano 900P? I feel like it may be met with mixed reviews around these parts.

38mm in width, 3.85mm in height.

Price will be around $25k, so while not inexpensive, I think it is fair for what is inarguably a piece of haute horologie.

Personally, I am kind of in love with it. I find it fascinating, and an ingenious way of reducing the thickness of a watch without making it too flimsy. From the hands on reviews I have read, everyone has remarked at how sturdy it feels, which is often a criticism of the ultra thin watches.

Although I feel the white gold will be more popular, I kind of like the rose and grey. I may have to check one of these out in the metal!

do not want.

sorry i have no specific ideas on your ladies watch query, but longines sounds like an excellent idea.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes being at the office on sunday is not all bad....

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Patek is pretty darn cool. I can't believe it comes with a certificate. Those hands are great.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How much is the prices of those Rolex's, estitchy?
bout 4500 on the GMT master and 3300 on the oyster date. thats what my boss wants anyways, we shall see how it plays out.
Found this account on instagram. This one looks pretty sick.
Anyone know the name of that one?
id call it a cool desk ornament.
That Patek is pretty darn cool. I can't believe it comes with a certificate. Those hands are great.
cray cray rite? and it runs like new.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dat GMT... :inlove:

GMT's in general growing on me... not just the BLNR.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dat GMT... :inlove: GMT's in general growing on me... not just the BLNR.
:nodding:
For the price I found on Google, I take the Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Shperotourbillon. :drool:
a beauty. but hard to compare because the JLC is an actual watch and the MB&F HM4 is a toy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads