• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the magenta, trying to make it a little easier to read..

[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR][COLOR=FF00AA]What a great few days' post! Omega and Rolex debates always seem to get the juices flowing, no matter what forum or walk of life you're from!

regarding the comment of Daytona being an old man's watch - though I'm not as hot on the Daytona as most here, I very much disagree with this statement. The Omega constellation on the other hand, is the epitome of Old TImer IMO. But it's just my opinion and the statement is not meant to be argumentative at all.

I've never held an X-33, but admittedly one my least favorite models next to the Men's constellation.. Seems a cool piece of gadgetry though.[/COLOR]

Omega Speedmaster X-33 2nd Gen

I went a bit overboard after I purchased my Speedy Pro, read up on its proposed replacement, X-33, and the fact only NASA and USAF pilots can order them since 2006 made me want one, so went to Rakuten and sourced a Japanese 2nd hand one.

While it's a great tool watch made in Titanium, thus very light, I think this is the first time I wore in it the last year. My original plan was to wear the watch while I work out, and that clearly didn't work out, :happy:

It now rests in my winder box and acts as the time correction watch for my other mechanical watches.

[COLOR=FF00AA]

Beautiful photos, the Daytona looks amazing (see? I don't hate!), would love to see more close ups of that incredible dial, please![/COLOR]

Daytona vs Speedy? Yes, thank you very much. I only own a Daytona for now, but that might change :)

[COLOR=FF00AA]
Agree Agree Agree. Color me 'weird' but I love the ROO models. the Volcano, Bumblebee, Safari - check check check. Love the newer ceramic ROO as well. I understand it's a huge contrast versus the elegant and storied Jumbo, but I really like that AP can have models that are sportier as well as timeless. This is not a bad thing, and doesn't go against their tradition and DNA in this instance. I know some brands can really hurt themselves when they over-extend, but AP actually excels in this way.

But here's the AP that really knocked my socks off when I handled it: I'd even consider this though it had no date! (that's how much I loved it!)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF00AA]That being said, MIMO... -->[/COLOR]

I know I'm pages tardy to the AP ROO party but the only ROO that over seemed vaguely attractive to me (and might still buy) was the Safari model. White face worked somehow better than usual on the hornback strap.

To wit:

[COLOR=FF00AA]Agree with you, big M. However, with rising prices of Panerai, the gap is strangely closing fast. And if you were to compare a Panerai to an AP for the same money, it might not be a fair contest in most eyes. Well said about the Omega and Daytona. As Dino said, you can't go wrong with either.
[/COLOR]

I kind of get the Safari more than most ROOs. It's a fun watch, but I can help thinking that any number of Panerais would be more fun for less money. Or if it has to be AP, a RO jumbo chrono seems so much more stylish in the same price range.

Or, to bring us back up to date: brand new Daytona and Speedy Pro, and change. On which subject, brilliant and thought-provoking posts Wayward and Devo. I suspect the division between these watches is not far from my own ignorant and simple-minded perspective: vintage and collectible models aside, I would like a Speedy for its history and practical feel. But I woud love a Daytona primarily because it's so damn pretty.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is one of my fave APs. love it.

in other non AP news, i may have my next watch purchase coming up soon. :hide:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is one of my fave APs. love it.
in other non AP news, i may have my next watch purchase coming up soon.
peepwall[1].gif

Woh - how exciting! Any hints as to what the piece might be?

I have decided not to pursue the double red Sub/SD. In the spirit of temperance (whoa!) I will be saving up for a piece that I'll purchase two years or so from now (whoa). Possibly going against the spirit of temperance, denying myself for two years will probably assure that the next piece I'll get will be a whopper.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Frilly, a two year plan for a watch is one serious commitment! There's no interesting summer sport in 2015, so it's nice to have something to look forward to. Imelda never waited that long.

Go Stitchy!
lurker[1].gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Woh - how exciting!  Any hints as to what the piece might be?
I have decided not to pursue the double red Sub/SD.  In the spirit of temperance (whoa!) I will be saving up for a piece that I'll purchase two years or so from now (whoa).  Possibly going against the spirit of temperance, denying myself for two years will probably assure that the next piece I'll get will be a whopper.

there will be no hints so as not to jinx anything, but i assure you that my TWATy friends will be the first to know when its all locked down.

despite my lack of sharing, any interest on your end sharing what you have in mind for 2015? :embar:

please say its a grande complication tourb and please say it is a 7 figure watch.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see which watch you've decided to get next Stitchy.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh Stitchy, this is just unfair. Can we at least get something of a hint?

NonServiam

Reaction score

Beautiful photos, the Daytona looks amazing (see? I don't hate!), would love to see more close ups of that incredible dial, please![/COLOR]

Thank you for not hating! :D My Daytona started out as a regular white dialled steel Daytona, but I always liked the white gold dials, so had one installed. Most Rolex ADs frown upon this, and certainly Rolex SA. There are dials to be found on the second hand market, for crazy prices. And dirty back alley watchmakers to install it, I imagine. (Not that installing a dial is rocket science.) Or you can find a decent AD who acknowledges that you, and not Rolex, own your watch, and fixes everything.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ i think the panda dial is super cool. if i ever get a speedy id also go panda with that. ^^

Can't wait to see which watch you've decided to get next Stitchy.

:) its nothing crazy, but it satisfies. kind of like a snickers.

Ugh Stitchy, this is just unfair. Can we at least get something of a hint?

it has a round face. it is mechanical. it is made by a brand you will have heard of.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now THAT is truly awesome. Customized Daytona. Balls!

Thank you for not hating! :D My Daytona started out as a regular white dialled steel Daytona, but I always liked the white gold dials, so had one installed. Most Rolex ADs frown upon this, and certainly Rolex SA. There are dials to be found on the second hand market, for crazy prices. And dirty back alley watchmakers to install it, I imagine. (Not that installing a dial is rocket science.) Or you can find a decent AD who acknowledges that you, and not Rolex, own your watch, and fixes everything.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like that does not really lower the potential choices by very much :).

Hmmmm, is is more or less than 40mm. I am guessing, JUST GUESSING, a JLC MUT 38mm.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I feel like that does not really lower the potential choices by very much :).
Hmmmm, is is more or less than 40mm. I am guessing, JUST GUESSING, a JLC MUT 38mm.

indeed it does not. :)

i wish it was a JLC MUT the one i love with a small seconds dub dial, in gold. sadly, it is not that intriguing. here is another hint, its something that i never would have thought of had i not been fortunate enough for it to come my way.

all should be revealed some time next week, for better or worse.

suaviter

Reaction score
Since Hayward is calling for more Rolex photos here goes...

Dino ... lovely pics ... what is the reference number on this "LV"? I am smitten with it. Thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads