• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have this on my wrist today, most AD are quoting over two years wait for this model now here in Australia. The 116520 was easily available prior to being discontinued, having seeing in window displays during my travels around Asia.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the general consensus on Breguet? I quite like some of the simple but classic detailing, but I have heard they have a bad rep for all sorts of reasons (part of Swatch Group, etc.).

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the general consensus on Breguet? I quite like some of the simple but classic detailing, but I have heard they have a bad rep for all sorts of reasons (part of Swatch Group, etc.).

Breguet makes beautiful timepiece but the service is a lot too desire. I sent in my SO watch for service and it took over 6 months, recently received it back after wearing it for a few days the same problem it's still there, buyer beware.

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score

Anybody who knocks a watch because it's a part of or owned by an "undesirable" brand is not somebody who I would take very seriously.

Breguet makes fantastic watches. I just don't think they share the same popularity as other brands because of their very classic styling.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which Breguet, at same price range I like JLC more (though obviously model dependent). Have you look at Piaget Altiplano for dress watch, still classic but different

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have this on my wrist today, most AD are quoting over two years wait for this model now here in Australia. The 116520 was easily available prior to being discontinued, having seeing in window displays during my travels around Asia.
Yes, but one has to remember the 116520 was in production for roughly 15+ years. In its first 6 or 7 years there were still pretty significant wait lists for it in the US. This same situation happened when the 116520 replaced the 16520. All the sudden everyone wanted the latest Daytona, 16520s became very available and lots of owners traded them or sold them to get the 116520. Wait lists for the 16520 ended and wait lists formed for the 116520. Now a 16520 in mint condition with box and papers easily sells 2-3 times its original MSRP. It will be interesting to see if after several years of production, the 116500LN becomes as readily available as a 116520 is today...and if the 116520 appreciates in value.

I think Breguet makes a nice product although, sometimes they overdo things with questionable guilloche designs or they put the watch number on the dial in a place I do not like. Yes, some people seem to hold it against them that they are part of the Swatch Group, but I don't think that is truly a legitimate reason to find fault with them. I think their biggest issue is in their price range they have very strong competition from Patek, Lange, VC, etc.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Went into the AD last night. They have a small batch of white Daytonas inbound in the next couple of weeks, all for people on the waiting list. They will call me later to tell me how long the list is, and whether I can sneak in if someone drops out.

Price quoted, at current exchange rates, is just under $13,500. I will see if there is any flexibility on the price if and when I know I can get one. Will update!

FlyGuy

Reaction score

Went into the AD last night.  They have a small batch of white Daytonas inbound in the next couple of weeks, all for people on the waiting list.  They will call me later to tell me how long the list is, and whether I can sneak in if someone drops out.

Price quoted, at current exchange rates, is just under $13,500.  I will see if there is any flexibility on the price if and when I know I can get one.  Will update!

You want flexibility on the hottest watch in the world with wait lists years deep? Good luck, doesn't hurt asking but if you can get it, just buy it.

Again, they are not impossible to get...

FlyGuy

Reaction score

Which Breguet and which field of work are you in? What do you plan to use it for?

Bankers I know love Breguet classic designs, far more than Rolex or Patek or JLC ...but don't mistake that most of breguets are dress watches and not intended for sports use.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody who knocks a watch because it's a part of or owned by an "undesirable" brand is not somebody who I would take very seriously. 

Breguet makes fantastic watches. I just don't think they share the same popularity as other brands because of their very classic styling. 

What if you actually want to get your watches serviced in a reasonable amount of time without too much grief, though? I've avoided Richemont brands lately for precisely this reason.

Last edited:

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which Breguet and which field of work are you in? What do you plan to use it for?

Bankers I know love Breguet classic designs, far more than Rolex or Patek or JLC ...but don't mistake that most of breguets are dress watches and not intended for sports use.

I'm a lawyer. I'd be wearing the watch to work. I was planning on buying a Patek or a vintage JLC, but I can't be bothered with the servicing of a vintage watch and a few of the very classic Breguets have caught my eye. £10k is my max budget and I don't want any complications (apart from possibly small seconds and/or automatic). I'm looking for a gold bezel and Roman numerals.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What if you actually want to get your watches serviced in a reasonable amount of time without too much grief, though? I've avoided Richemont brands lately for precisely this reason.

so you want to avoid Richemont and Swatch? I mean not a lot choice after that (ignore the independent, not sure if there are going to be around in 10yrs)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bvcbvbvc