• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were bought out recently.
Seems this transition was the expiration or termination of his consulting agreement that would have been a part of the Bill Ackman investment last year. But being just over a year ago, curious if something went south such as a missed earn out.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Legendary Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher’s watch collection is going on sale

If you don't follow F1, Schumacher suffered a TBI while skiing ~10 yrs ago and hasn't been seen in public since. So sad.

A couple from the auction:

00michael_schu.jpg

That customized RO is...unique.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Legendary Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher’s watch collection is going on sale

If you don't follow F1, Schumacher suffered a TBI while skiing ~10 yrs ago and hasn't been seen in public since. So sad.

A couple from the auction:

View attachment 2170293

That customized RO is...unique.
"He has not appeared in public since, but his wife Corinna said in a 2021 Netflix documentary, “We live together at home. We do therapy. We do everything we can to make Michael better and to make sure he’s comfortable.”"

Dang, that is so incredibly sad.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems this transition was the expiration or termination of his consulting agreement that would have been a part of the Bill Ackman investment last year. But being just over a year ago, curious if something went south such as a missed earn out.

IDK it's pretty normal for founders to leave before the consulting period ends. At a suitably sized co, the founder is a bigger problem than help mostly. I've left early b/c my goal is usually just to make sure new ownership is ok and can run things well...but some people REALLY check out after their first liquidity event lol.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can someone do the work for me and tell me about this bremont drama? just like 2 links. the watch adoring press doesn't cover this so i'm left with meme accounts that are so incredibly inside baseball i have no idea what's going on.

then again maybe i don't care…

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can someone do the work for me and tell me about this bremont drama? just like 2 links. the watch adoring press doesn't cover this so i'm left with meme accounts that are so incredibly inside baseball i have no idea what's going on.

About 18 months ago they launched the new H-1 series that were total duds. The brothers then hired Davide Cerrato who then quietly pushed them out of the board and launched completely new watch designs, lowered price across the board and brand new logo at W&W. Industry was shocked with the move and most agreed they've lost touch with the market.

IMO, Bremont is throwing random stuff on the wall and see what sticks, while they are bleeding in their "technology center". Reminds me of McLaren Automotive...

pmeis

Reaction score

This by Worn & Wound was pretty even...

And this by Ablogtowatch was a bit less gentle...

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Watch media is in bed with manufacturers and they are afraid of getting blacklisted if they bad mouth them on new releases. Besides, all the IG watch meme accounts made me LOL because they predicted so many things correctly.

Last year there was only one blog with the balls to call out Rolex 1908 movement using fake chatons.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never really got the appeal of Bremont watches to begin with, so the sudden blitz of "Bremont is a dumpster fire" stories didn't make much of an impression on me. I guess there was a dedicated fan base, though?

JamesInLondon

Reaction score
View attachment 2170073

Good night, sweet prince.
The two English brothers still retain positions at Bremont and a small shareholding, I believe. So they have not yet expressed any reservations about the new direction the company has taken.

Interestingly, whilst most journalists expressed varying degrees of dislike for the new product, I had the chance to speak with several UK retailers who carry Bremont and all were unanimously positive, particularly about the new price points.

Schwazer

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads