• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

symphvaria

Reaction score
The Octo Ultra COSC is so much more impressive given that it looks and feels like an Octo Finnisimo, unlike the RM Ferrari, which doesn't look like anything else from RM.
Well, the former comes from a company that specializes in jewelry and aesthetics, while the latter comes from a company that specializes in hideous mechanical marvels. It makes sense that they would care little for design coherence.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like this. Reminds me of the old Genta retrogrades. Interesting movement design. Minus the “superleggera” on the dial and the Chanel price premium, this is something I would buy/wear.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, Rolex actually released a lot of new dial choices/configurations. While I've been trying to decide on a full gold piece for a long time, I think the new daydate configurations have hit the mark: The daydate in everose gold with the new brown ombre dial, or the yellow gold one with the green ombre dial [BOTH IN 36!!!] are now what I'm chasing...

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
So, Rolex actually released a lot of new dial choices/configurations. While I've been trying to decide on a full gold piece for awhile, I think the new daydate configurations have hit the mark: The daydate in everose gold with the new brown ombre dial, or the yellow gold one with the green ombre dial [BOTH IN 36!!!] are now what I'm chasing...
Just seen IRL at the Rolex boutique the Titanium YM. Thing of beauty ! Of course not allowed to take pictures in the boutique.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just seen IRL at the Rolex boutique the Titanium YM. Thing of beauty ! Of course not allowed to take pictures in the boutique.
I took a look at one not long ago as well. Was told it's an impossible ask.

Not like I'd ever have a shot at one but was sad to see the Le Mans Daytona discontinued. I loved the association with the race, the reverse panda, 24 hr counter and open caseback. Perfectly spec'd IMO.

I had several hours of windshield time this week so I listened to the Hodinkee podcast coverage. I love the fact that Ben Clymer turned a hobby into a living and maybe I'm looking for nits to pick but I shuddered when I heard him say, "this hits all the notes a Patek guy like me would like," followed by, "a lot of people who haven't experienced Patek like I have over the years just don't understand how hard they go."

Actually sounds a lot like us in this thread now that I think about it.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps different rules in Europe than in the US? Each time I've visited the Rolex boutiques in the US, they had no problem with me taking photos of the watches, and even encouraged it. I always ask before taking a photo, but think the only boutique I've encountered in the US that doesn't let one take photos is RM.

I remember back in 2015 in Germany, the AL&S boutique didn't even want people taking photos of the watches in their windows.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Perhaps different rules in Europe than in the US? Each time I've visited the Rolex boutiques in the US, they had no problem with me taking photos of the watches, and even encouraged it. I always ask before taking a photo, but think the only boutique I've encountered in the US that doesn't let one take photos is RM.

I remember back in 2015 in Germany, the AL&S boutique didn't even want people taking photos of the watches in their windows.
I never had any problems taking pictures here, except in the Rolex boutiques.
I suppose they are more interested with customer relation in the US!
TBH they are very posh here. (At Rolex)
They are much nicer at Piaget or VC!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

As I know you want to add a Titanium watch to your collection, I think this should be your new grail!
IMG_7715.jpeg
IMG_7716.jpeg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a look at one not long ago as well. Was told it's an impossible ask.

Not like I'd ever have a shot at one but was sad to see the Le Mans Daytona discontinued. I loved the association with the race, the reverse panda, 24 hr counter and open caseback. Perfectly spec'd IMO.

I had several hours of windshield time this week so I listened to the Hodinkee podcast coverage. I love the fact that Ben Clymer turned a hobby into a living and maybe I'm looking for nits to pick but I shuddered when I heard him say, "this hits all the notes a Patek guy like me would like," followed by, "a lot of people who haven't experienced Patek like I have over the years just don't understand how hard they go."

Actually sounds a lot like us in this thread now that I think about it.
I love the Le Mans Daytona! While it was discontinued in white gold, it is available in yellow gold (I saw pix on IG). I like the yellow gold version even more. Perhaps it appeals to my blingier side :-D ! Unfortunately, according to Ben Clymer, it's described as off the books (I suppose like off the menu), and people would have to order it - which in his description sounds like it is only going to end up on the wrists or in the collections of big time Rolex collectors or influencers.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads