• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RGEG

72888269-38E6-47B8-BE54-E508FC0930EA.jpeg

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can understand hating the Tudor design aesthetic but I still think the BB58 fills a niche in the market for a quality Swiss made diver with an in-house movement, reasonable water resistance and build quality in a perfect vintage inspired size. It even takes its design from vintage Tudor & Rolex subs.

It’s not better than a modern (or recent model) sub but it’s half the price. I can’t think of a better value in the sub $5K range. It’s a solid entry level piece or a beater (for lack of a better term) for someone with a larger rotation.

In that price range one is looking at Omega, Breitling or [Heuer] Tag Heuer. Tudor matches up well with those watches IMHO.

The key takeaway is *EBBP* as @Newcomer so eloquently stated.
The Tudor scorn has been laid on a little too thick. I don't own one, but I like the BB58, the Pelagos FXD and the Pelagos 39. They're awesome watches in their price bracket. The Ranger, though . . . it's hard to believe how awful it is. It's like they had an internal competition to design the most boring watch ever.

pmeis

Reaction score
That may be, and my sinn ezm3 also has 500m resistance and is 2.25mm shorter in height.

The Tudor movement is 1.9mm thicker, the Pelagos has an HEV and the Pelagos has some 3D elements to the dial whereas the EZM is essentially a flat dial.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, I will be in Chicago for Windup Watch Fair this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Pretty much the only time I will have straps ready for purchase without the lead times, plus a few vintage watches for sale as well. Hope you can swing through if you are in the area.

Also, I am all ears for some cool bars/restaurants if you have any suggestions.
IMG_3229.jpeg

Apologies for the blatant self promotion as well, Fok/Mods feel free to delete if I am out of line here.

-DL

Last edited:

Leiker

Reaction score
Hey folks, I will be in Chicago for Windup Watch Fair this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Pretty much the only time I will have straps ready for purchase without the lead times, plus a few vintage watches for sale as well. Hope you can swing through if you are in the area.

Also, I am all ears for some cool bars/restaurants if you have any suggestions.
View attachment 1988591

Apologies for the blatant self promotion as well, Fok/Mods feel free to delete if I am out of line here.

-DL
I love Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba; Spanish tapas, and not too far from the watch fair, up near Lincoln Park.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba; Spanish tapas, and not too far from the watch fair, up near Lincoln Park.
Endorse. The go-to “my parents are visiting in college and buying us dinner” spot. It’s not super close. Definitely an Uber.

Big Star has a taco window in Wicker at like Damen and Milwaukee-ish for a quick option. Stan’s for donuts in the morning up that way is always good.

West Loop is packed full of options and super close. Duck Duck Goat or Girl and the Goat are 🔥, Publican, Green Street Smoked Meats, Au Cheval (there’s also a small cheval west loop if the wait at au cheval is nuts or you need something quicker), JP Graziano is quick sandwiches.

If you’re doing the obligatory Chicago eats. Deep dish = pequods, Beefs = Al’s. Gene and Jude’s are the best hot dogs but super far away. Dave’s Red Hots aren’t nearly as far and are good.

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the new LV Tambour, and watched the painful Wei Koh PR video that @Newcomer linked (he looks like a midlife crisis chrome hearts stan...gross), but dang, I can't get the watch out of my mind.

It's honestly the platonic ideal for a subseconds sector dial for me. Everything is beautifully symetrical, nothing is cut off, everything feels extremely considered. All of the gripes I have about most watches are solved here in a really elegant way.

All of the numerals and indices are intact and the same size, and have this way of leading the eye from one dial subsection into the next. The hand length is perfectly in like with the dial subsections.

The bezel around the inner subsections is a consistent width, and perfectly cuts the subdial in half, a perfect proportion. In fact, it seems like the inner bezel is the same width as the outline on the numerals! The ikepod-style integrated case is also a winner, and truly awesome at just a hair over 8mm.

This could be my fav watch, aethetically, of 2023 to date.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 1.04.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 1.09.36 PM.png

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members