• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

symphvaria

Reaction score
But I still think if I would ever buy a dress watch it would be a gold Calatrava.
6119R_001_1.jpg
Gold Calatravas can be beautiful, but I really don't think the 6119 specifically is doing a good job of illustrating how Patek is Edward Green and JLC is C&J in this case. Modern Calatravas have more in common with Berluti than anything EG.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gold Calatravas can be beautiful, but I really don't think the 6119 specifically is doing a good job of illustrating how Patek is Edward Green and JLC is C&J in this case. Modern Calatravas have more in common with Berluti than anything EG.
Yeah, it's a bit ornate. I prefer a smooth bezel on a dress watch. I still don't like small seconds much either. Greatly prefer a sweep hand.

Pandaros

Reaction score
It is ok that you are unable to process that crime rate per country is not similar as crime rate in few specific cities. But maybe one day you will get to that point. If you those EU cities I was talking about that are the worst in crime you will see the stats. But here that stats to confirm what I was saying for Germany for example

View attachment 1940541

here is same example from 2017 and numbers are even worse now

View attachment 1940543

I live in one of those cities and I travel around EU at least few times a year so I would not be saying **** if I would not see it with my own eyes and have many friends in those cities around EU who are talking about it also. I am sorry if you are unable to understand that and I can accept that.

But I agree this is not a thread to talk about politics, let's go back to watches please.
In the interest of discussing statistics not politics...

I'm sure there's a few finance bros here who'll back me up and say with numbers so low, a swing of a few thousand can create a large percentage increase. Since populations typically live in cities, national figures for crime are typically more representative and a larger timespan is necessary.

The first figure with the dramatic increase, specifically on ausländerrechte verstoße (Immigration law), will naturally have more breaches with more immigrants.

For the second graph, it boggles the mind over what that could possibly be used for other than "this is where police go to look at suspects of a given crime".

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just go bespoke Berluti and you can get classic looking stuff

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Debating another JLC. Already have the Master Control.

Thinking about the blue version which I really like.

View attachment 1940547

Also sort-of considering the Master Calendar. Not sure about the sweep hand date function. My brain would still think of it as a second hand. Would also change the band.

View attachment 1940545
They’re both great but the blue Master Control is the better option. Absent the date window, I’d seriously consider it for my four spot.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Debating another JLC. Already have the Master Control.

Thinking about the blue version which I really like.

View attachment 1940547

Also sort-of considering the Master Calendar. Not sure about the sweep hand date function. My brain would still think of it as a second hand. Would also change the band.

View attachment 1940545
I really like the blue dial Master Control, but where you already have one it seems maybe a bit duplicative. I'm not a fan of the Master Control calendar watch at all. In addition, while I haven't check to see how to adjust the day, date and other functions of that watch, most simple calendar watches are a bit of a pain to set the various function. It's one of the reasons I don't have any in my collection, and why I generally try to steer friends in other directions if they mention they are considering one. Wishing you luck and lots of with your journey to the next watch!

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly after I've been to the Patek museum twice I don't think I want to own any modern Pateks...

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bit ornate. I prefer a smooth bezel on a dress watch. I still don't like small seconds much either. Greatly prefer a sweep hand.
You mean something like this …
AD1558B6-B0B7-408C-A04C-B311B3169F57.jpeg

Take out the date window and we’re really cooking. Not perfect as it is not a self-wind and I can see why someone may not like the homage officer-case lugs but we’re close.

Last edited:

symphvaria

Reaction score
Honestly after I've been to the Patek museum twice I don't think I want to own any modern Pateks...
I'm more or less in the same boat, save having gone to any museums. All I did was go to some vintage shops and almost every vintage Patek I saw, no matter how old or beat up, was more appealing to me than basically every single watch in Patek's modern catalog, both in terms of design and sizing. Speaks for itself.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean something like this …
View attachment 1940651
Take out the date window and we’re really cooking. Not perfect as it is not a self-wind and I can see why someone may not like the homage officer-case lugs but we’re close.
I absolutely love their officers cases. However, I wish the dial on that was simpler and had classic Patek stick makers.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more or less in the same boat, save having gone to any museums. All I did was go to some vintage shops and almost every vintage Patek I saw, no matter how old or beat up, was more appealing to me than basically every single watch in Patek's modern catalog, both in terms of design and sizing. Speaks for itself.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babeef