• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha so true.

I guess there's something to be said for not having to send a watch all the way to Japan for service, or just if you want to have a scuff polished out properly.
dontknow.gif

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
And then there's the hideous font jumble.

But I do hanker after the Ananta Spring Drive Moonphase.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Anybody receive their copy in the mail yesterday ... with the new, hot cover girl?

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And then there's the hideous font jumble.

But I do hanker after the Ananta Spring Drive Moonphase.

This may supress the hankering somewhat. Posted elsewhere a few minutes ago:

"Just received [polishing] pricing from Seiko UK, £380 for the work plus £72 postage (prices arent firm and will vary with exchange rate)."

Mind you, the Spring Drive polishing quote was for a GS model instead of an Ananta, but I wouldn't be surprised if that Moonphase costs even more simply due to its enormous bulk.

High-maintenance quartz, indeed. :lookaround:

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
OUCH.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Nomos, they just landed on Massdrop if anyone's interested. Club model. gorgeous watch. I prefer the lugs on it over their other offerings.. If you wanted a Nomos Club at a bit of a discount..

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Nomos, they just landed on Massdrop if anyone's interested. Club model. gorgeous watch. I prefer the lugs on it over their other offerings.. If you wanted a Nomos Club at a bit of a discount..

You can get the Club slightly cheaper from a "reliable" grey dealer on Chrono24. I assume with shipping and such it about evens out. Good price though, however they don't specify how much it is per model. I doubt you'll be able to get the Datum for instance for that price. If so that's an excellent deal. Had they a Dunkel 36 I'd consider it.

EDIT: Looks like you get to see the prices in your cart.

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of deals, you might want to check out Man of the World if you're a vintage fan. They have an extra 35% off right now, and that's on top of "sale" prices in some instances. Not sure if they're a "deal" with that sort of pricing, but I'm guessing some are. NOTE, they pull some of their inventory from the site, but if you search by brand name using the search function you should still be able to pull that inventory up.

Imyouricecreamman

Reaction score
I have more or less decided that the SBGR061 will be the perfect watch for me when I reach 50. When trivialities like lume and water resistance were nececcitiesof the past.

Last edited:

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, what's the collective opinion on the grand seiko range?

I am a huge fan,I think Grand Seiko is hugely underrated don't buy it if you want instant brand recognition but if you want a watch with excellent in house movement, accuracy and impeccable finishing do buy one I don't think you will regret it.
I put money where my month is
1f600.png
, here is a part of my GS collection.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I don't think there is a collective opinion. But if I were to summarise previous discussion:

- most people agree they are very good watches

- and then buy a Rolex

:lol::lol:

quite true.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics