• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

krainsford

Reaction score
I had it done by the Savile Row store on the grey tweed games blazer when I bought it. The inside of the sleeve looks fine, and they've done a good job with the lining, but the stitching on the outside had a couple of loose threads. In any event since there are no buttonholes it looks like a fairly easy job for a decent tailor (and if you have any other games blazer it is probably unlined in the sleeves which makes it even easier).

goonerble

Reaction score
Hi guys - have a tough decision to make. Have got the artists chore in Shepherd tweed in size 40 but it's a touch big on me and the sleeves are wide. Lovely piece though.

I can also grab the donkey chore in tweed in a 38 but i can't try it on first.

Has anyone owned the donkey chore in tweed - is it more of a winter jacket or could you eg pair it with a t shirt in summer? Really torn between these two

slows2k

Reaction score
Anyone with a jungle jacket from last seasons have advice about sizing? They seem to run pretty room at marked size, but I don’t trust drakes sizing charts. TTS if we want lots of room to layer? Can I size down if I never actually layer beyond a tshirt or ocbd? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Anyone with a jungle jacket from last seasons have advice about sizing? They seem to run pretty room at marked size, but I don’t trust drakes sizing charts. TTS if we want lots of room to layer? Can I size down if I never actually layer beyond a tshirt or ocbd? Thanks in advance.
I have the navy herringbone jungle jacket and it definitely runs large, much larger than chore jackets of the same label size. Initially tried going TTS but it was vast so ended up sizing down. Even one size down there is plenty of room to layer.

goonerble

Reaction score
Also - looking at getting a decent chore jacket atm. Do you think the jump from eg an Apolis / Le Mont Saint Michel to Drake's in terms of price point is worth it?

Looking at any of the Heavy Twill, Selvedge or Wool in Navy. Are all of these wearable in summer with a t shirt underneath do you think?

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Also - looking at getting a decent chore jacket atm. Do you think the jump from eg an Apolis / Le Mont Saint Michel to Drake's in terms of price point is worth it?

Looking at any of the Heavy Twill, Selvedge or Wool in Navy. Are all of these wearable in summer with a t shirt underneath do you think?
Drake's is the golden standard when it comes to chore jackets, at least in my opinion. I have bought chore jackets from different brands but always end up disappointed when I compare it to my Drake's ones.

NassimBandini

Reaction score
I feel like I asked that but does the selvedge chore jacket fit true to size? I don’t want the slouchy vibe, just a « normal » fit.

goonerble

Reaction score
Drake's is the golden standard when it comes to chore jackets, at least in my opinion. I have bought chore jackets from different brands but always end up disappointed when I compare it to my Drake's ones.
Fair enough, maybe i do make the extra stretch then.

Of the wool, heavy twill & selvedge which do you lean towards? Think it's either the wool or selvedge for me as long as each can be worn in UK autumn/spring

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Fair enough, maybe i do make the extra stretch then.

Of the wool, heavy twill & selvedge which do you lean towards? Think it's either the wool or selvedge for me as long as each can be worn in UK autumn/spring
I own neither of them. I have a heavy linen and a cotton canvas.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
i like the wool chore a lot. It’s thick enough to be worn in spring and autumn, but I can also wear it when it’s warm outside.

Last Saturday I wore mine when it was 23 degrees Celsius in the afternoon, with just a poplin shirt. Not ideal (linen which I also have would be better) but this time of year the weather turns considerably colder when it gets darker so then the wool is again a perfect choice. Often when it’s warm you’d rather not wear a chore at all.

I also have a practically unworn Japanese navy moleskin chore, but I want to sell it as I just prefer the wool one. As for fit, I’m inbetween a 42 and 44 and for chores will often take the 44.

goonerble

Reaction score
i like the wool chore a lot. It’s thick enough to be worn in spring and autumn, but I can also wear it when it’s warm outside.

Last Saturday I wore mine when it was 23 degrees Celsius in the afternoon, with just a poplin shirt. Not ideal (linen which I also have would be better) but this time of year the weather turns considerably colder when it gets darker so then the wool is again a perfect choice. Often when it’s warm you’d rather not wear a chore at all.

I also have a practically unworn Japanese navy moleskin chore, but I want to sell it as I just prefer the wool one. As for fit, I’m inbetween a 42 and 44 and for chores will often take the 44.

Thanks that's good insight! and yeah never going to opt for the chore at eg 25+ but if it's fine with a t-shirt around 20 then can be worn about 85% of the year in the UK. Think that's my mind made up! Ty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads