• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pugnax

Reaction score
If you're in London, there's a guy with a stall at Spitalfields market who has an incredible selection of vintage designer ties.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Pin Stripe Heavy Linen at Goods Copenhagen.
1712594850214.png

trg12

Reaction score
Any suggestions for sizing on the denim chore? Do I need to factor in shrinkage from washing?

I'm between a 40 and a 42 in most casual Drake's jackets – recently opting for 42s more often. I have one of the unlined raw (or one-wash?) denim chores in 42 which feels exactly like all other (non-linen) chores size-wise. I've washed it a couple of times and it behaves like all denim – it shrinks a little and expands again after a few wears. I'm unsure if I'd get a 40 in denim.

ikoiko

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been a long time fan of Drake's and have multiple pieces - always justified the higher price by the quality and styling of the pieces but just checking the 'New In' section today and seeing that the Olive Herringbone Cotton Jacket has been listed for £695!

Found my order for such a jacket back in 2022 and it was £495 at the time. Lovely jacket but not sure it's £695 worth of lovely jacket and it certainly doesn't warrant the near 40% increase!

Anyone else noticed such price increases on certain pieces or is this an outlier? I've seen a few pieces creep up a little such as the Shetland sweaters but a 40% jump... seems a little much?

woO

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been a long time fan of Drake's and have multiple pieces - always justified the higher price by the quality and styling of the pieces but just checking the 'New In' section today and seeing that the Olive Herringbone Cotton Jacket has been listed for £695!

Found my order for such a jacket back in 2022 and it was £495 at the time. Lovely jacket but not sure it's £695 worth of lovely jacket and it certainly doesn't warrant the near 40% increase!

Anyone else noticed such price increases on certain pieces or is this an outlier? I've seen a few pieces creep up a little such as the Shetland sweaters but a 40% jump... seems a little much?
In 2021 the linen chores were at £495, now £595 (and in EU, thanks to brexit, its 20% more). And that's just the plain ones, last year the tablecloth ones were at 1k€!
The jungle jacket has just been restock at 935€, it don't remember it being so high last year.

That's crazy.
1712770021353.png

Last edited:

Trevallon

Reaction score
And still people (me included) keep buying.

I have been a stout apologist for Drake's prices in the past, but it is getting harder. Especially since someone, (I think it was @yungchomsky) posted the Jamieson sweater vest, that was exactly the same pattern as the "exclusive" Drake's vest, but for half the price.

Still absolutely love Drake's though...

yungchomsky

Reaction score

nachobarro

Reaction score
In 2021 the linen chores were at £495, now £595 (and in EU, thanks to brexit, its 20% more). And that's just the plain ones, last year the tablecloth ones were at 1k€!
The jungle jacket has just been restock at 935€, it don't remember it being so high last year.

That's crazy. View attachment 2164591

Almost 1k for the jungle jacket?

I want what they are smoking.

Last price If I recall correctly was around 650€, so yeah roughly a 45% price increase.

650€ is already a pretty high price for a jacket, you can get an orSlow Jungle Jacket in cotton ripstop made in Japan on sale for 250€…

It’s Drake’s, it’s expensive, we all know that, but I’m not stupid.

500€? For a rugby polo? Noah rugby polos are made from a pretty nice practice cloth and made in Canada and are half of that.

Pretty disappointed with their recent price rises… only to find that garment in an archive sale with a 70-80% off discount.

Last edited:
Reaction score

That's crazy. View attachment 2164591
It's got to be a new high for that particular jacket. Must be all part of the business plan of protecting, and increasing, their 48% gross profit margin and increase the likelihood of them being able to pay off their substantial loan to Mr. Cho.

Agree with @Trevallon, still absolutely love Drake's and continue to buy, but seeing increases like this and that sweater with an identical pattern does raise some questions. Also considering some of the recent packaging of items (brown paper bags) and the fact they used to cover the delivery cost in the UK doesn't help them.

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this?
Absolutely. It can be found in their latest financial statements for the year ended 31 March 23.

Page 2, Business Review: "The group increased its gross profit from £3,742,778 ot £6,718,698 which the directors regard as a key performance indicator. The group's gross profit margin percentage is 48% (2022 - 35%).".

I'm no expert in running a clothing company but it would be interesting to know if this is considered a reasonable margin or if it's relatively high or low compared to companies operating in the same segment of the market.

Page 2 continues, "The customer has had an expectation of higher prices due to the general inflationary environment which has allowed the business to also raise prices in order to offset higher operational costs.".

Page 3 also makes reference to a "continued focus to improving margins and funding from the majority shareholder".

The page 30, note 17 refers to other loans. Of which there is balance due to Dolford Holdings (BVI) Ltd roughly £5.5m, this company has the mutual director Mr. Cho.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads