• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nostalgiaultra

Reaction score
Are folks wearing the same size in chore jackets and games blazers?

Games blazers look to be fair bit larger than chore jackets in the same size according to the measurements on the website.

NassimBandini

Reaction score
Could be prepared to be a proxy for people. Message me on here and we can discuss!

Hey billbar! Really appreciate you offering your help!
I would be interested in a few things: chore jackets (especially denim!), cardigans and suits or blazers (games and classic).

I could let you know about my measurements and you could just send pics of what you find. Obviously no pressure about it at all, would just be happy to snatch one thing or two.

If you decide to be our personal shoppers for all of us, we could also get you something for your troubles!

ikoiko

Reaction score

Games blazers look to be fair bit larger than chore jackets in the same size according to the measurements on the website.

Typically, yes... but it can be a crapshoot from garment to garment. I'm a 42 in most Drake's games/chores. But I've had to size up to 44 for the denim chore. I've had to size down to a 40 for the herringbone games.

If buying secondhand from older seasons, it really helps to triple check measurements. I'm 42 in the older heavy twill chore and a 44 in the older tencel chore.

NassimBandini

Reaction score
Games blazers look to be fair bit larger than chore jackets in the same size according to the measurements on the website

I would say it's actually the opposite: Games blazers are tight and I need to order them in 42 and they still aren't oversized in any way for me. I never get near 42 with any other brands. 40 (European 50) has always been my limit.

I think you might be tricked by the fact that Games blazers are usually worn "slouchy" or oversized so you think that they look to be larger. But people just go one or two sizes above their normal size with them.

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey there people.

I will be heading to the sale Friday to pick some items up for myself. Will to look for items for a fee. Can drop me a message if want anything.

Orders can be shipped worldwide with FedEx.

Anything proxy is nothing to do with my website houseofhuntington.com but to assist the group out

krainsford

Reaction score
Managed to get there at 8:30 am and was in the door before 9:30. No pocket squares or scarves, which was disappointing. Managed to pick up a chocolate corduroy games blazer (no matching trousers as they were all 30 or smaller) and a grey OCBD for me, as well as a knit vest for the wife.

There were tonnes of the navy chalkstripe St John's chore, though they all looked to be in larger sizes. They did have one or two of the corduroy St John's chores (in yellow and coral). I was tempted by the yellow but decided one corduroy blazer at a time was enough...

astrobuoy

Reaction score
Managed to get there at 8:30 am and was in the door before 9:30. No pocket squares or scarves, which was disappointing. Managed to pick up a chocolate corduroy games blazer (no matching trousers as they were all 30 or smaller) and a grey OCBD for me, as well as a knit vest for the wife.

There were tonnes of the navy chalkstripe St John's chore, though they all looked to be in larger sizes. They did have one or two of the corduroy St John's chores (in yellow and coral). I was tempted by the yellow but decided one corduroy blazer at a time was enough...
How much were the chalkstripe chores, do you happen to recall? Were there any in 42, or were they mostly larger than that?

PJH44

Reaction score
Arrived 8:15 and was in at 9, decent selection but not as good as previous sample sale in Truman Brewery. Purchased a few pieces that are sadly the wrong size for my partner. Will get around to putting them on the Buy/Sell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads