• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cedarlake23

Reaction score
I think Drake's has done some real remodelling over the last few years, in terms of how they approach the archive/sample sales. Perhaps there wasn't all that significant an overlap between those that shopped in store and those that bought things in the sales. Much of what the archive sells - for the most part save a few more recognizable items - seems to be produced purely for the discounted 'sale' rate. I just received a few items, all of which I can't imagine being sold in store. Even the washing instruction labels lacked the Drakes logo. They just don't feel like quality at all and almost give the impression of being counterfeit.

I spoke to a guy on the phone about returns, who instructed that it couldn't be done through the store as the archive is a separate business.
FWIW, I received a navy cap with the fruit stitching and a needlecord shirt. Both have nothing amiss, but the shirt doesn't have a locker loop and side gussets. Not sure if that's just because it's an old season (it's an archive sale, after all) or a QC issue.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I received a navy cap with the fruit stitching and a needlecord shirt. Both have nothing amiss, but the shirt doesn't have a locker loop and side gussets. Not sure if that's just because it's an old season (it's an archive sale, after all) or a QC issue.

Not all drakes shirts have locker loops or side gussets. Not sure how they decide which shirts get them, and which don’t, but I don’t think it’s a qc issue.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Evening everyone, thinking about ordering a Green Waxed Coverall Jacket, unsure about sizing though, looking at the measurements seems huge!

I’m 38” Chest and thats the size I wear in a Barbour Bedale, I’m a true M in most brands, do you think a 38 would be safe?

Thanks and have a good night

jforjoel

Reaction score
I think Drake's has done some real remodelling over the last few years, in terms of how they approach the archive/sample sales. Perhaps there wasn't all that significant an overlap between those that shopped in store and those that bought things in the sales. Much of what the archive sells - for the most part save a few more recognizable items - seems to be produced purely for the discounted 'sale' rate. I just received a few items, all of which I can't imagine being sold in store. Even the washing instruction labels lacked the Drakes logo. They just don't feel like quality at all and almost give the impression of being counterfeit.

I spoke to a guy on the phone about returns, who instructed that it couldn't be done through the store as the archive is a separate business.
What did you get? I grabbed the military fleece in navy and the finishing around the collar is not great. Something is off on one side where the collar meets the shoulder and causes a puckering that looks a golf ball sized tumor is sticking out of my neck. Going to try my luck at an exchange but I know it's futile. Disappointing

Phillip Dean

Reaction score
What is everyone’s thoughts around the denim chore coats? Dark wash or light wash?

I have the dark, which is wonderful, but heads up that it bleeds like hell on light fabrics. I also purchased the light wash but returned it because its measurements were much shorter.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing a delay in orders from the archive sale? I placed an order on the final day-last Tuesday-and it has not yet shipped.

Yes they are very slow. I placed my order right near the start of the sale and have only just today received shipping confirmation.

I placed an archive order on Sat, 4 Feb, just received shipping notification today, 14 Feb.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Gents, I'm interested in Drake's Crosby boots. I was wondering, which size should I order if I'm US8? Would it be UK7.5 or UK7?

Does anyone have Crosby boots and know whether it runs big or small? Is it TTM or half size up? Thank you in advance.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Gents, I'm interested in Drake's Crosby boots. I was wondering, which size should I order if I'm US8? Would it be UK7.5 or UK7?

Does anyone have Crosby boots and know whether it runs big or small? Is it TTM or half size up? Thank you in advance.
Go true to size with UK 7. They'll feel a bit snug at first, but the suede begins to expand quite a lot with the first few wears and the foodbed will mould to your foot very easily. You'll have a very comfortable shoe within a wear or two.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthapacke