• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Uniqlo in New York

Simion505

Reaction score
Question regarding J+ Sizing:

Only the oxford street shop has the jacket that I'm interested in in stock. It's a nice blue check thing from the J+ range.

Only goes up to a large however. Slight problem seeing as I'm a bit inbetween sizings. I checked the measurements, if it sticks to them the sleeve length is fine, so is the collar.
It says a Large is a 43 inch chest. I only have one suit jacket, it's a 44 regular (I have a skinny frame, so it's far too boxy) and there is a small space in the shoulders.

IS it still worth the trip to try this jacket on? It's a slim fit apparently. I recon it could be perfect... or a little too tight :/

What're peoples experiences with the sizing?

Cheers
smile.gif

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper
OKAY SO IT'S SUMMER TIME. And I am thinking about proxying **** since I like going shopping in SoHo and eating at Chinatown. I want to ask:

How do proxy services work? I assume that I get people their items and the person covers the price of the Uniqlo item+any shipping. Do I make a profit too? Would I ask the buyer for a deposit first (like 50% of the total cost for me to get you the item) and then the rest when I ship out the item to insure security? Wat do.

if you have questions like that i wouldn't want to proxy from you

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the research. Look at other proxies/sites/threads/shipping calculators/etc. It's the same as any other business, if I'm going to deal with someone that's providing goods to me, I would expect them to know their stuff and be completely confident in their knowledge before making any transactions with them.

Also, stumbling on posts of theirs where it shows they don't know what they're doing or where to start doesn't help their business.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper
Why? I've never proxied for people, so I wanted to know what people do.

i would never trust or give my money to a proxy business that needs me to answer those questions for them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads