• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Super Heavy-Weight Denim Thread! (21oz and up)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The NF elephant denim in dark indigo looks nice

Why don't you invest in a Japanese pair - they'll last much much longer!
1f431.png

Beane

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yes, I have Momotaro as well, its just I Like this NF model. I never had a 21 oz Japanese model though , I think Momotaro is 16 oz

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Yes, I have Momotaro as well, its just I Like this NF model. I never had a 21 oz Japanese model though , I think Momotaro is 16 oz

Then Kop them if you like them!

Sorry, been off sick, off the radar for a bit, hope you got your N and Fs!
1f431.png
1f431.png

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

So pleased the weather has changed and I can wear my 21oz Kurabo jeans again!

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

So pleased the weather has changed and I can wear my 21oz Kurabo jeans again!

After suffering severe allergic reactions (see WAYWT) I'm back in my 8oz Japanese Selvadge bespoke cotton /silk jeans until I can wear them again

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

After suffering severe allergic reactions (see WAYWT) I'm back in my 8oz Japanese Selvadge bespoke cotton /silk jeans until I can wear them again

Finally discovered what was causing the allergic reaction and now happily back in my 21oz Kurabo jeans, also have 19oz Kurabo jeans for when these collapse with old age

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Finally discovered what was causing the allergic reaction and now happily back in my 21oz Kurabo jeans, also have 19oz Kurabo jeans for when these collapse with old age

Was still coming out in hives so despite Arctic weather wearing

8oz 3x1 bespoke Japan Blue Selvadge cotton/silk jeans..

Hope they don't wear out or I'll have to try my next thinnest pure cotton- 3sixteen+ natural Pima cotton 9.5oz jeans - not very wintery either!!!!!

Last edited:

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Was still coming out in hives so despite Arctic weather wearing

8oz 3x1 bespoke Japan Blue Selvadge cotton/silk jeans..

Hope they don't wear out or I'll have to try my next thinnest pure cotton- 3sixteen+ natural Pima cotton 9.5oz jeans - not very wintery either!!!!!

Have now got a severe feverish flu from wearing 8oz jeans in winter, ironic, because I wore 21oz jeans throughout the summer!
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Have now got a severe feverish flu from wearing 8oz jeans in winter, ironic, because I wore 21oz jeans throughout the summer!
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

Recovering from flu

Back in 21oz Kurabo jeans

Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My Dad keeps the central heating on so its like an oven - impossible to wear 21oz jeans - I'm back in my 8oz Japanese jeans!

I'm dying to be able to wear my 21oz jeans (Kurabo, Savile Row bespoke),but I'm still having to wear my 8oz pair :-(

My own design Grail pair are over 21oz(maybe 23 or 25oz), but I neither need them now or would be able to afford them

Thumbs up for heavy weight denim!!!

mp201

Reaction score
32oz, 4 months

Last edited:

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've designed my Grail jeans, in case I ever need new jeans again, and they're def over 21oz, probably 23/25oz.

All I need is to keep saving whilst I wear out my 19 pairs and get the nearest equivalent made as the design is so complicated that it's nearly impossible to make, unless you're a billionaire who can commission anything!!!

Luckily I've got jeans for years to come!!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsgtfo1984