• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna bother with pics after 330ck, but happy bday spoo!

Couple recent finds - first up the RRL star iron ore shirt. I kinda wanted this when it came out but RRL retail is insane, stoked I found it in my size!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna bother with pics after 330ck, but happy bday spoo!

Couple recent finds - first up the RRL star iron ore shirt. I kinda wanted this when it came out but RRL retail is insane, stoked I found it in my size!

Unbranded?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy birthday spoo!!!

Found some really cool PRL made in china linen/cotton blend DB jackets in a marshalls today. 40R too tight 42R too long. Thing was so cool though. DB, peak lapels, action back (?!?!?!), unvented, surgeons cuffs.

I really wanted it to fit. It was 70 bucks! If anyone wants a proxy. There was a 40 and 42.

It was this guy in cream: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31222766
(Except I thought it was made in china, whatever. I can check it out again tomorrow if anyone wants. Should have taken pictures.)

Looks like it was vented after all.

Last edited:

Centuar

Reaction score
Does anyone here know how to date a pair of old Edwins? because all I can tell is that they're beautiful vintage japanese selvedge

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't the HF on the trouser clasp the maker of the clasp and not Hickey Freeman?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone here know how to date a pair of old Edwins? because all I can tell is that they're beautiful vintage japanese selvedge
I have a pair I bought in Japan around 2002 or so that look like this. Same style labels and such. Not as light as those, though. I'd guess late 90's on yours.

Last edited:

marc roberto

Reaction score
Some really cool discount store finds today...
Spoilered for those uninterested.

Kiton silk scarves. I assume all these are mens since they were in the mens accessories dept. Maybe unisex though.

And some linens scarves

RLBL Anthony suit my size!
bounce2.gif

Zegna Couture belt my size too

Lotsa pocket squares
Isaia x 4 Cucinelli x = 4

Kiton x 2, Brioni solid gold, Brioni bowtie, Drakes x 2

ties
Zegna x 2, Dries Van Noten skinnys x 2, DVN super skinny

TF x2, Zegna, awesome cotton 7-fold unlined Isaia, and Zegna silver line. Never seen this before.

RLPL ankle boots MSRP 1950$ Whaaaa???

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy bday Mr. Spoo!

Ow damn I spent all day assembling Ikea furnitures to make more "storage room" in the house... It's already full with thrifted goods for me and my half
uhoh.gif
uhoh.gif
uhoh.gif
I hate y'all, for making me discover an unlimited clothing world...

I'm kidding, I love y'all
fing02[1].gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two thrifts and two consignments in the past week.

3X1 Selvedge 34

Wings+Horns Purple Canvas (I think) shirt XL

Baldwin Cashmere Blend Knit Hoodie L

Homespun S

Homespun Again S

Wimmenz Linen LP shirt. Size 50.

Skeet.

Ferragamo Shirt with the horsebit logo. L

Arc'Teryx pop for me. I finally understand the appeal of these.

J.Crew Cotton Blazer S

Ancient Aquascutum made in England 42ish

Coolest Paul Stuart piece I've ever grabbed. Triple patch pocket, double vented, 100% lambswool, and completely unstructured. Looks sort of green/blue in real life. 45 L

Vintage Levi's. The lapels were telling me no, but the velvety material and the pockets were telling me yes. The styling on that label was giving me a half chub, so I copped.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen lots of methods for getting stains out of shirts and such, but what about SCs and Suits?
I would just take them to a trusted Dry Cleaners. With high $$ stuff like Kiton and Brioni... The cleaners win, with their experience and technology. My pops once thrifted a Kiton SC for cheap, but it was stained. We were hesitant to take it to the cleaners, but luckily we have one we trust well. It came out beautiful. Ended up flipping for a huge profit.

Some really cool discount store finds today...
Spoilered for those uninterested.

Zegna silver line. Never seen this before.

Interesting. I have never seen this "Silver" before either, and I'm a Zegna Fanatic. I've seen that sort of plastic/metal round crest on ties before, I believe they were released Spring 2013.

Lately, Zegna has been sort of experimenting with new labels / logos / etc. Their most recent one is a plain diagonal "Ermenegildo Zegna" on the inside of the tip lining, but it's not the "selvedge strip" logo like they've been using for some time. They also bumped their price up to $205 in the past 6-9 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics