• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a close match. While I got mine for free, yours is in perfect condition. I'm going to spend more than $20 restoring it. I'm actually thinking about making it a bare-bones singlespeed for cruising around town and campus when I go back for another degree soon.
You picked up the exat same model? Weird.

Well, mine was pretty dusty but it cleaned up well with a wet rag. I do need to re-tape the handlebars before I sell it, though. The original tape is deteriorating and a lot of it is missing.

Yup, I found the same one in blue. Trek 510. Has 510 Chromoly under the sear but has 505 or something like that near the chain. Found it on Wednesday and posted but it may have gotten lost with how quick the thread moves.

Had an ok day today. Found a vintage Trek road bike. I'd say it's from the early 80's. 510 Chromoly frame. For $20 I couldn't say no. It's in great shape. Tires still had air.
Horrible cell-phone picture taken from my friend's garage where it's currently being stored.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On to ties and miscellaneous... First, a jacket I got that's really well made but I couldn't find much info on... green suede Marco Pierguidi with handwarmer pocket, front pockets, drawstring bottom, and underarm vents. Couldn't find a size marked, but it's big... XL maybe? Available if anyone wants it, or let me know if you know anything else about it. Otherwise I guess I'll take it back.

Sweaters... I got myself a baby blue J Crew cotton / cashmere for spring. I picked up a pair of these Blarney Woolen Mills size L wool cable knit Irish sweaters... both NWT

A very nice NWOT croc-print leather Polo RL belt, 36 (available for you guys with no belt luck)

A couple other SC's... A Brooks Brothers summer SC. Looks like seersucker, but not... corded? Dunno what to call it. About a size 38. Available

A Brooks Brothers boys size 16 navy blazer... right size for you smaller guys?

A couple pairs of braces... One pair with no name, but well made. The other pair a very cool tartan by Pendleton

Ties!

Some Tie Bar ties for me to warm up

Some pretty good ones... Liberty of London for Saks cotton, E. Zegna, Holland & Sherry

And some I don't think I've seen on here before... Rubinacci x2 and Etro

Whew! That's a lot of stuff...

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll measure stuff up and return PM's tomorrow... taking pics and posting has worn me out
lol8[1].gif

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Well, mine was pretty dusty but it cleaned up well with a wet rag. I do need to re-tape the handlebars before I sell it, though. The original tape is deteriorating and a lot of it is missing.
Yup, I found the same one in blue. Trek 510. Has 510 Chromoly under the sear but has 505 or something like that near the chain. Found it on Wednesday and posted but it may have gotten lost with how quick the thread moves.

Ohh, I do remember seeing that. Great find! What component set does it have on it? Some were equipped with Camagnolo. Mine is a mixed set of Shimano Dia-Compe, SunTour, and I forget what else.

The bike is in pretty bad shape, though. The derailleurs have seized, there's some rust in places, hubs are rough, aluminum totally oxidized. But it will certainly be a fun project! :slayer:

These should do well on the ebay if no one here PM's you.  The size might be a tad hard, but colors other then black seem to sell better. Let them sit till someone comes along :)

Sold a pair in black size 7 (too big for me actually) just recently http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140712020151

Weird. I have that exact same pair of shoes in that crazy 7D size. I'm a 10.5D and they're even too big for me--they fit like an 11D. I think I'm going to throw these up on eBay in light of your post.

GoogleMyYahoo

Reaction score
Hay guys i'm new here and this is the first time i've posted in this thread. I lurk here a LOT. Here are some of the things i've found over the past 2 weeks.

E. Zegna shirt x2

Pringle cashmere sweater

Kilgour French and Stanbury Overcoat. I think this thing is gorgeous

Lorenzini shirt

Drake's for Barneys

Turnbull & Asser herringbone

Faconnable shirt

Corneliani Navy 3 button

Sorry for the cell phone pics

951socal

Reaction score
picked this up the other week?

Anybody want this cornelliani shirt?

tag size: 16/41.

French cuff.

i like how the bottom button is horizontal while the other are vertical on it

on shirt extra buttons

$20 + shipping +4% paypal

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Anybody want this cornelliani shirt?
tag size: 16/41.
French cuff.
i like how the bottom button is horizontal while the other are vertical on it
on shirt extra buttons
$20 + shipping +4% paypal
Did I click on the B&S forum by accident
puzzled.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ohh, I do remember seeing that. Great find! What component set does it have on it? Some were equipped with Camagnolo. Mine is a mixed set of Shimano Dia-Compe, SunTour, and I forget what else.

I'll check when I get back from vacation. I actually should have checked when I got it.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went back and picked up 4 more of the Ted Baker SC's... 3 more of the grey (sizes 3,4,5) and one more of the blue with functional cuffs. Also a HF tie.

I was worried because when I got there there was a guy checking out with 3 of the Ted Baker SC's (the louder ones), but there were still 4 more back there.

ocooney

Reaction score
So I've hadn't been able to hit any stores for a week or so and had been on a dry spell before that. This weekend I found a few oddball things. Sorry about the pictures, I thought I had rotated them:

Belstaff Pro-Bika nylon jacket. Padded back. Can find very little information on the web. Anyone know how old the logo is?

Orvis safari jacket in 42. 65% polyester. Available.

I have no idea what this thing is. I told my wife I think it's what rich people wear instead of an LL Bean chamois shirt. Canali Linen totally unstructured 4 button overshirt. Tagged 52.

Deadstock Levis 532. Picked up mostly for the 1984 Olympic sponsor tag. 36x30. Available

Not really a thrift find, but picked up this Attolini long sleeve button up knit shirt. $75 at a consignment store but one of the nicest pieces I've had.

Zegna 58/42 Cotton/Linen 32x32 olive pa

Also found a nice J Press suit that I've sent off to my brother and a Polo flag sweater.

O

Last edited:

bytor13

Reaction score
Hit up a few new stores in my area today. Amongst a sea of Haggar and Stafford, I found this. Unfortunately, it's a little too big and has a small stain at the bottom front, though I think it can be worked out.

RLPL polo (L) - available to a good home:

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Hit up a few new stores in my area today. Amongst a sea of Haggar and Stafford, I found this. Unfortunately, it's a little too big and has a small stain at the bottom front, though I think it can be worked out.

RLPL polo (L) - available to a good home:

Try the oxyclean method for that. Works great on white shirts.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just started reading this thread, and I think this will be a fun hobby. Is there any post with general advice on where to start? I think the first thing I need to do is become more familiar with all the brands available. Does made in London or Italy generally indicate a good buy or is it still a crap shoot? Do you guys generally dry clean the items before listing? I went perusing yesterday, but didn't pick anything up... passed on a Christian Dior sport coat. Mistake? I'm not really an MC guy but I like clothes and I love buying and selling so this should be fun :D

Also, I live in an area with a fair disparity of wealth all nearby. Should I hit up the rich areas or poor ones for best finds? Thinking they would have better clothes in richer areas, but that nicer stuff would be less appreciated/recognized in poorer areas making it easier to score.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads