• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

que

Reaction score
Im sure you all know better than me. Here are a couple other recently thrifted ties. If you saying the red one from NM is real and the other counterfeit, than they do ahellof a job as I cant tell the difference and they appear to me the same. Give me a Broni anyday -- but thanks

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visiting my parents and picked up 2 Hickey Freeman Suits and HF Tux. They were custom and have the name of one of the local big whigs. The jackets are small on me so I would guess them at a 42-44 range. I'll have them posted soon.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WRAdvisor
That particular thrift shop is a local Salvation Army-type that takes donations in their community and all their sales go to their food bank. It's a really great cause and they get a TON of donations. It's not in Providence, but in Southern Rhode Island. On a side note, Providence does have some nice consignment shops all over town, but you're forced into paying "city prices."

There is one on Thayer Street near College Hill, another on the East Side and a third near Wickenden.

All my years in providence - never went to any of these... now that i'm not there anymore...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by que
Im sure you all know better than me. Here are a couple other recently thrifted ties. If you saying the red one from NM is real and the other counterfeit, than they do ahellof a job as I cant tell the difference and they appear to me the same. Give me a Broni anyday -- but thanks

These 2 are real, but the ones next to your Charvet ties are 1000000% fake.

But are you selling the Charvets? Im interested in them if you are.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkidd41011
Visiting my parents and picked up 2 Hickey Freeman Suits and HF Tux. They were custom and have the name of one of the local big whigs. The jackets are small on me so I would guess them at a 42-44 range. I'll have them posted soon.

That is in my wheelhouse. What color are the suits?

que

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
These 2 are real, but the ones next to your Charvet ties are 1000000% fake.

But are you selling the Charvets? Im interested in them if you are.

You are correct to these ties being fake, but im the type that always wants to know WHY, so i found this site ggyy5978.com/fake.php. These ties jump to the top of the list in the Hall of Shame page found on the site. Among things the lining sucks as well as the sewn in logo w/ price tag. Live and learn. Im out $8

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by que
You are correct to these ties being fake, but im the type that always wants to know WHY, so i found this site ggyy5978.com/fake.php. These ties jump to the top of the list in the Hall of Shame page found on the site. Among things the lining sucks as well as the sewn in logo w/ price tag. Live and learn. Im out $8

They are probably fine for $8 ties. At least it wasn't $80 on Ebay or something

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suits are a grey pinstripe and dark blue solid. The tux is black/black.

Here are the rough measurements from the grey suit. I assume since they are from the same gentleman the measurements will be close.

Jacket:

Shoulders - 19"
Armpits - 23"
BOC - 29"
Sleeves - 23" (appears to be at least an extra 1.5")
Single Vent

Pants:

Waist - 21" Across
Inseam 28.5" (Up to 3.5"+ w/o the cuffs)

So my guesstimate is the gentleman is a tad on the short/portly side.

The suits are gorgous and I'll let them go cheap if there is any interest. I'll have pictures when I get back in town.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
The suits are a grey pinstripe and dark blue solid. The tux is black/black.

Here are the rough measurements from the grey suit. I assume since they are from the same gentleman the measurements will be close.

Jacket:

Shoulders - 19"
Armpits - 23"
BOC - 29"
Sleeves - 23" (appears to be at least an extra 1.5")
Single Vent

Pants:

Waist - 21" Across
Inseam 28.5" (Up to 3.5"+ w/o the cuffs)

So my guesstimate is the gentleman is a tad on the short/portly side.

The suits are gorgous and I'll let them go cheap if there is any interest. I'll have pictures when I get back in town.

Curses, way to short for me. Sounds closer to a 44/46 Short

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 46 so that was my basis for the 42-44

floors to go

Reaction score
A good day for ties yesterday

Mulberry, Thomas Pink, BB Makers, Burberrys, Gianni

Armani, Armani, Fratelli, Zilli, & Brioni

Also found a Canali Proposta double breasted, non vented jacket 52L.

Im trying to build my closet up but can only seem to find ties, so looking to trade any of these for anything in a 9D or 40R.

On a side note found an $800 file cabinet for 30 like brand new, the best part I was planning to buy one in the next few days.

leito

Reaction score
Stopped by goodwill today and found a nice corneliani jacket in brown with a hint of blue. The sleeves are too short, but there looks to be enough material to let them out. A little more waist suppression would be nice as well. The material feels great and I couldn't spot any defects. It looks to be an orphaned suit-jacket, but I like it anyway.

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Found a couple nice items the last few days..

Hamilton white dress shirt
3 pair of new Smartwool shorts, all current, all my size
smile.gif
- Rambush, Betasso, Rambition
1 pair of new Asic running shorts
Brooks English suede wingtips

leito

Reaction score
Picked up the following today:

Light blue Barney's New York shirt
French blue Eton Etastar shirt
Houndstooth flannel sportcoat
Black Brioni orphaned suit jacket

I really like the shirts and they fit well. The sportcoat should be good with some alterations, and the suit jacket is too big, but a friend can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads