• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
those ghost stories are creepy. made a 200 mile total trip today and ended up with an orvis shirt :/ I was following someone around all day apparently.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

well **** guys my first round of a bunch of **** I sent to spoo is ending tomorrow and it is at like thrift store prices, I might even lose money on a few of them. maybe I should stick to dealing only with people on the thread :( (my frustration isn't directed at spoo he is a pleasure to work with and is probably the best consigner around, I just guess my items are just not very good...)
but I mean I got like 40349058458 pms on this rag & bone....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310598044683?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and this isaia is cool right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360593807150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

this is a freaking cantarelli (for facconable..) with dual vents tasteful pattern ect. 0 FREAKING BIDS I mean **** it is a nice sportcoat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350716223240?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

ugh I might have to get a "real job"

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Relax man. People wait til the end to bid. Probably won't help your odds much spamming the thrift thread.

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Relax man. People wait til the end to bid. Probably won't help your odds much spamming the thrift thread.
nah that makes too much sense
I just been under a **** ton of pressure lately and have to start paying for college next year and so far have only saved up for one semester before I slowly become crushed under crippling debt that will rule my life for the next couple decades

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if it's any consolation, i'm thinking of putting in a bid on the faconnable, it's just that the BOC is a bit long for my taste (and i think 2 button looks better on me than 3).

Last edited:

dexconstruct

Reaction score
Weekend thrifting was killer. I barely have enough money to keep up.

PRL navy hunting coat, made in the USA

BB black lamsbwool buttondown sweater

1960s BB OCBD

RLPL navy cotton sweater

Pendleton Cable Knit

BB Loro Piana Cords

Don't know much about the "Polo Country" line...anyone have info?

Orvis burnt orange cords

NWT PRL seersucker pants

Brioni tan dress pants

RLPL black khakis

Vintage PRL gray pants w/ side adjusters

Popped my Charvet cherry

Ferragamo suede bit loafers

Anyone have ideas on what to do with this spot?

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if it's any consolation, i'm thinking of putting in a bid on the faconnable, it's just that the BOC is a bit long for my taste (and i think 2 button looks better on me than 3).
hey dude no problem. sorry to derail the thread and be a little ***** I just felt like I needed to vent a little bit.

that stain is either *****, toothpaste, or bleach, I would suggest trying to rub it off with a wet towel if that doesn't work it is probably bleach and the only thing you can do to it is dab it a little with a brown fabric marker

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

well **** guys my first round of a bunch of **** I sent to spoo is ending tomorrow and it is at like thrift store prices, I might even lose money on a few of them. maybe I should stick to dealing only with people on the thread :( (my frustration isn't directed at spoo he is a pleasure to work with and is probably the best consigner around, I just guess my items are just not very good...)
but I mean I got like 40349058458 pms on this rag & bone....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310598044683?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and this isaia is cool right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360593807150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

this is a freaking cantarelli (for facconable..) with dual vents tasteful pattern ect. 0 FREAKING BIDS I mean **** it is a nice sportcoat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350716223240?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

ugh

I might have to get a "real job"
Sometimes, you win. Sometimes, you loose. Sometimes, you fall flat on your face and can't get up. Hopefully this isn't the latter. JK! +1 for bid war at the end.
Weekend thrifting was killer. I barely have enough money to keep up.

PRL navy hunting coat, made in the USA

BB black lamsbwool buttondown sweater

1960s BB OCBD

RLPL navy cotton sweater

Pendleton Cable Knit

BB Loro Piana Cords

Don't know much about the "Polo Country" line...anyone have info?

Orvis burnt orange cords

NWT PRL seersucker pants

Brioni tan dress pants

RLPL black khakis

Vintage PRL gray pants w/ side adjusters

Popped my Charvet cherry

Ferragamo suede bit loafers

Man, you are gonna make so much money on that PRL hunting jacket. I think the PRL Country might be a precursor to RRL. Not 100% sure though...Also, I think you can get that spot out of suede with a tooth brush and some tooth paste...I've yet to try it but that's what I've heard from a reliable source.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not take the fight fire with fire approach? Fight ***** with *****...
uhoh.gif

+100 on the hunting jacket also I think you are right about rl country but if I remember that particular label is a pass (at least I hope so because I passed on it today...)
oops quoted the wrong thing
also sorry I can't do that I am still 8 years old and haven't hit puberty

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

... And I found these Ferragamo cap toes in my size. Quality felt decent for a beater pair (and at the price of $4). They are in very good condition minus a pretty obvious gash on a toe.
You can use droplets of water mixed with wax (Kiwi) polish to build up enough wax to make it almost invisible. It takes a while but I've done it. You can sometimes save some time by applying a LOT of wax and then passing it near a flame source (cigarette lighter) to melt the wax and then buff, buff buff.
...Brooks Brothers Blue Brass Sc
This is interesting. Expect a PM.
... I would suggest trying to rub it off with a wet towel ...
That's good advice, I don't care who you are!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since you are guys are talking about skeet, forgot these...

I'm almost starting to like them.
uhoh.gif
Oh no, I think it's almost time for an intervention, my friend.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Nice! I'll follow along for the fun of it. Congrats on that!
Who is first to start a Klobber appreciation thread?
I'll you you now that I'd subscribe.
Highlights from the past couple weeks: NOS Amazeballs shoes. Never heard of Montilla, but the quality is some of the best I've handled. No size anywhere, so I can only assume bespoke? Pirelli heels :slayer:
IMG_2620_zps6b1715a5.jpg
IMG_2621_zps11b93a6d.jpg
IMG_2622_zpsb202fadd.jpg
IMG_2623_zps6a8d11bf.jpg
IMG_2624_zps6dadca9c.jpg
IMG_2625_zpsffa7522b.jpg
IMG_2626_zpsd38a49d7.jpg
IMG_2627_zps5ad0c86b.jpg
Great haul overall, but those shoes are amazing!
Ok, got tired of taking pics...this is about 3/4s of it. Sizing deets to follow in the next day or so. Brooks Brothers Italy Linen SC
Love that one and wish it fit! Expect to make some money if you list it in 6 weeks. I'd also like to thank the person (forgot who it was) that posted the link to the $600 Tom Ford era thong. I opened up ebay to check the price of something in the US and was greeted by "Inspired by your recent views...." and followed by about a dozen men's thongs. That was a pretty great unintentional trolling. :happy:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went thrifting, bought a suit, heard of BEAMS? from HARAJUKU. fits like a glove.

looks blue in the pic, but it is black.

oh, and passed on some ties
nest.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads