• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does any quality brand actually have machine sewn edges?? When I flip though the womens section for scarfs/pocket squares thats all I look at. When I find a hand rolled one I inspect a little further.

You obviously knew enough to take a picture of it so look for hand rolled edges and go from there.

Brian/All,

Do you Gents usually browse the women's section for squares? Maybe that's why I haven't any squares :satisfied:

flatspotting

Reaction score
Heyo guys!

Hope your Christmas's (Or any Holiday you celebrated, Festivus included) went well!

I am in need of some help identifying a suit I thrifted for myself.

I know it's not anything special being made in Canada - but it fit really well and the fabric feels quite nice.

Below are a bunch of pics if someone could help me out with what this is!

The only real tag is "Sartoriale"

Thanks!

s_allen_p

Reaction score

The rest of the stuff is automatically bad ass off the back! But these right heeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  U DA MAN!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I was shocked enough to see a pair of women's skinny selvedge jeans (the style and size my girlfriend wears). I walked around with the first pair for 20min before I thought to look for more. I couldn't believe there were so many.

Last edited:

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brian/All,
Do you Gents usually browse the women's section for squares? Maybe that's why I haven't any squares :satisfied:

That's exactly what I do. In the menswear section I usually only see bandanas or the odd ugly PS. Its in the women's section that I usually see PSs, or sometimes something that could double as a PS, like a smallish scarf.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh yeah, went to the mall for a watch, ended up buy 3 pair of LVC selvedge and a chambray shirt...Pass on a NWT Kiton 7 fold for $40...Yes or no?

BTW, I'm looking for my first real watch. My limit is $500. I've been looking at this Tissot Le Locle...What say ye, gents?

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wa...tone-Textured-Dial-Watch/6486242/product.html

That is a very solid option for a watch in that price range. It will go with a ton of different situations, very versatile. I'm not up to speed on quality of Tissot, as I've not been in the market for a watch for a long time. But as far as aesthetics...it looks great.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, went to the mall for a watch, ended up buy 3 pair of LVC selvedge and a chambray shirt...Pass on a NWT Kiton 7 fold for $40...Yes or no?

BTW, I'm looking for my first real watch. My limit is $500. I've been looking at this Tissot Le Locle...What say ye, gents?

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wa...tone-Textured-Dial-Watch/6486242/product.html
just in my trad loser opinion I think if you are going to buy a first real watch you either go super baller and get a new super nice $$$ one or you go vintage and get a really nice one for a fraction of the price and ball a little less hard
also I got the package, the shetland is baller !!!!
christmas eve church service thrift fit, I forgot about this blazer it is some no name vintage flannel

also I got a mannie for christmas, my ebay is about to get a **** ton of new listings with nice photos, check out how much better this lubiam looks not on the floor!

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God damn S Allen P Killed it

did a little thrifting today during lunch break, all available if anyone is so inclined

4 new old stock (with tags) 3 ocbds one point collar BB all 16 x 33ish

lands end knit & zegna tie (ugly but nwt)

Weird Burberry script lining, these are definitely legit, just not familiar with the script logo on the waist band

BBGF Martin G made suit 40S Charcoal Gray with Lilac Purple Pinstripe, paid $40, which may be a mistake, but recent and mint

Chunky Olive Green PRL Cardigan (so ******* heavy) - Large

New Charles Tyrwhitt, summer colors

Shiny

Reaction score

Brian/All,

Yes, that's a good strategy. However, I think women are ALWAYS on the lookout for scarves and such so they'll probably snatch up that amazing print Versace/Gucci fast. Dudes will let it sit there for days if they happen to put it in the men's section.

hucklecat

Reaction score
What is this style? Burberry Gingham, Check? Just happen to like the colors and the fit, but after a couple of wears I may put on auction.

I think it is authentic. Any thread on authenticating them, I couldn't find a good one

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S_allen_p : insane clothes and an insane amount of cds. If the Swervedriver poster is any indication, we would have a lot of common musical tastes.

I also hit the after Christmas sales but mostly ended up stocking up on some staples like boxers, socks, etc. Did pick up some Clarks desert boots on sale, but was mostly disappointed with whats on offer at the shops. Perhaps SF has spoiled me....

Beck

Reaction score
listing my haul in a few, nothing compared to what LA thrifters find but for MN I would say the day was awesome!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now is a very good time for tj maxx and Marshall's. sorry for the bad pics, posting from my phone. We just moved and won't have Internet for a few days. All unavailable for now until I get things setup at the new house.

Brioni trousers, Corneliani ties, BB Golden Fleece tie, 4x pantherella OTC, pair of polo cords. Passed on a ton of stuff - BB tweeds, polo cashmere, zegna trousers and shirts, etc.

J Press 3roll2 tweed with elbow patches.

Daks navy blazer w buttons that look like silver plus 3 patch pockets, Zegna pure silk nice weave, j press shirt.

Also picked up a couple really nice zanellas.

Last edited:

Beck

Reaction score
The thrifting items I got today were almost all 25% off. Most not all, Love customer appreciation day. Pretty good way to start off after christmas! Thank you to Samuel Smith for the AMAZING Secret Santa gift!
>Thomas Pink Blazer (getting it straight to the tailor!)
>AE Park Avenue shoes size 11C very cool
> BB Tie Paisley
>NWT Grey PRL Scarf love it!

MY haul today however is the following,
>Yes that is a robert graham will discuss that later in the post. Another sick RG Floral, Burberry with ruffles, Filson Garment Zip up sweater.

Now what was that Robert Graham about.... #42..that number ring a bell?

Jackie Robinson Limited Edition RG
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ACROPOLE France US NAVY Vintage ship mates shirt. Very cool. made in france

I don't always buy Chaps by Ralph Lauren, but when i do it's a vintage 3 piece near mint suit!

What's a good thrift day without a Burberry's trench to fill the bag?

Real cool design Dolce & Gabbana tie w/ link chain design

Non-pictured due to being cleaned : My SS GIFTS, Uniqlo Blue button up with silk elbow straps, 2 HF Bespoke suits, Rag & Bone straw hat w/ blue banner NWOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads