• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Chuch's Custom Grade ox-blood loafers. (anyone say oxblood anymore?) I think these are shells.
Size is... 6.5 F. I think I'll have to open the auction up to Japan.
file-11.jpg
Guess I have to move to Japan now & not sure they are shell. Need a better picture. Shouldnt have any micro-creases inside the larger creases.

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brooks Brothers Made in Italy (Lardini) Birdseye, Thrifted by me $6.99
Brioni French Cuff Shirt, Trade pending with Dig (@$20)
Socks, Thrifted New by me $1
Alden Shell Longwings, Thrifted by me $30
Belt, unknown maker, Thrifted by me $3.99
Linen PS, Thrifted by me $0.99
Cufflinks, Thrifted by me $2
Tie, Ebay for $20

PLEASE tell me that women you had never met complimented you because you look great! I may have gone with solid socks for the occasion but that's a piddly thing.

EE-HR-3.gif

Last edited:

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alas, there are microcreases. It was late when I bought them and early when I took the pics. Still, they're in great condition.

Thanks for the education guys!

Guess I have to move to Japan now & not sure they are shell. Need a better picture. Shouldnt have any micro-creases inside the larger creases.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I know I know. I started searching too late. 65 pairs in stock, and only one fits.

I don't know why there'd be anything wrong with shell at a wedding, even at your own with a tux (if they were black captoe).

DeadBoy

Reaction score
More importantly
Alas, just realized this is a dry reception. Why didn't I bring a flask of bourbon?

Ech. Cash bars and dry weddings mean no gift from me. Luckily the ladyfriend doesn't see things the same way.

Mox C

Reaction score

So anyway, left all of that because I managed to pair up orphans of this variety...

Details tomorrow... A 50R would be approximately a 40R right?

50*2 * 0.3937 = 39.37"
So 39R to 40R

Subtracting ten gets more inaccurate the further you get away from 50R/40R.

60*2 * 0.3937 = 47.24"

60R - 10 gives you 50R, not the actual 47R, so you end up almost 3" off, but it works well enough around the more common sizes.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

More importantly
Alas, just realized this is a dry reception. Why didn't I bring a flask of bourbon?

Ouch, who the F has a dry wedding?

Ech. Cash bars and dry weddings mean no gift from me. Luckily the ladyfriend doesn't see things the same way.

I forgot those even existed. You should have brought a flask just in case. That's why suit's have breast pockets, right? :nodding: I mean, they aren't used for storing wallets, keys, papers....

We left our wedding reception between 5:00-6:00am. Our alcohol budget surpasses food. No joke.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ouch, who the F has a dry wedding?

The invitation said cocktails. Apparently that can be interpreted differently.

My buddy evidently married a preacher's daughter. Champaign toast is actually flat sparkling cider. Lol. Oh well we are going to the tavern tonight for my sister in laws birthday anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads