• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that something that's fixable? How much does it cost? I have a pair of Tod's with that damage that I'd get fixed if it wasn't too much.
Yeah, I've seen plenty of shoes with the glove leather replaced in the inner heel area. Usually it's just a pice stitched in over the damage. Of course in this case, for $95 Allen Edmonds will recraft the shoes.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little catch up from yesterday and today. More to follow later

AE Arlington, needing interior repair 13 B

Is that something that's fixable? How much does it cost? I have a pair of Tod's with that damage that I'd get fixed if it wasn't too much. 

I've had it done for $12.

But those are some butt ugly shoes, Wes. :hide: Anything kiltie is an automatic pass in my book. But kiltie + tassel + wingtip + black...that's an unholy combo.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Ok, my relatively paltry haul. Jesus, you guys have been KILLING IT. There can't be a single piece of quality clothing left in the yay area after todays onslaught by thread members. AE Strand 9D, good shape, haven't touched them.
Pink 17/35 avaliable unless Troika wants it light blue with white check, nice shirt.
Dark green PRL logo tie, I like it, but avaliable. Stain on it somewhere, but im pretty sure it'll come out.
PRL USA 36/36 double reverse pleats. These are Razorback red, no nantucket BS 'round here.
38xunhemmed. These are going to the bay since they're unhemmed, unless you feel like offering me a good amount of money, or a sweet trade!
When did lacoste stop making stuff in France? Devanlay on care/content tag fat MOP, long sleeve.

Whaaat, this thing is sick. Also, side vented, if your into that sort of thing ;)

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had it done for $12.
But those are some butt ugly shoes, Wes.
peepwall[1].gif
Anything kiltie is an automatic pass in my book. But kiltie + tassel + wingtip + black...that's an unholy combo.
Lol, I agree personally, but there is always a buyer out there. It's a big world. I wish I still had a pic of the ugliest kilties I have ever seen. They were on some butt ugly vintage golf spikes. Sold for almost 300, was totally shocked.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Wow, 300? Crazy. I don't blame you for picking these up!

Last edited:

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll be shopping at the Rose Bowl flea tomorrow with Danielle from American Pickers.

Does that count as a brag? ;)

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There are certain perks to having your own nationally-syndicated public radio program.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are certain perks to having your own nationally-syndicated public radio program.

I'll look forward to hearing it! By the way, I hope those Oxxford trousers worked out for you :)

Thrifts have been dry here lately. I picked up a PRL grenadine this week. I also finally dropped of the last items from my "to tailor" thrift pile at the tailor's, some solid summer options:

—Zegna tan linen suit
—Zegna cream linen trousers
—Brooks Brothers light blue linen jacket
—Southwick seersucker double-breasted jacket

Last edited:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
I'm heading to the Rose Bowl tomorrow too... Haven't been in years, wonder how it'll be clothes/shoes wise, not to mention everything else. We shall see.

Need any photographs of the outing YoungAmerican? (my profession)

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
woww - Which Orange County (State?)?
OC in Cali. I think. Land of the young, rich, and snobby.

A little catch up from yesterday and today. More to follow later

Vintage Houndstooth Tweed SC 38R
$T2eC16hHJIQE9qUHu0VFBP95hbbVWw~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16dHJG!E9nm3rIrZBP95hi(wHg~~60_57.JPG

Donegal Tweed SC 38R
$(KGrHqNHJBEE+P7UkSqlBP95sNGcww~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqNHJBME+OvRFVN)BP95sVCRZw~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16JHJH8E9qSEUflQBP95tE,r5g~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16NHJGYE9noohZuwBP95s1rLgg~~60_57.JPG

Bold Plaid SC 38R

$T2eC16RHJGoE9nuQfSSmBP9528yKvQ~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16RHJHIE9nyseIKbBP953C5p3Q~~60_57.JPG

Zegna Tie

$T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHrjYuBP96NeG+9!~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16NHJGwE9n)ySf7TBP96NnfHhw~~60_57.JPG

Another Zegna Tie
$T2eC16JHJIIE9qTYI5T8BP96VhC!tg~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16FHJF0E9nmFQW7mBP96Vrcfig~~60_57.JPG

That reminds me, I need mine to get ided. What a haul!

Another one for the bay....

Ties
Brioni, Dunhill, Chipp, some super thick golfing tie, Rooster

SC
Pal w/ LP (tagged 52 but fits more like 45R/L) Available

OG BR DB Linen navy (tagged 42L but fits 44L slim, unvented unfortunately)
This thing is awesome. I wish it fit me. Available if anyone wants to try the Lapo Elkann?

Pants
Crazy belt loops and pleats, Pal GF (unavailable)

BB Old label (unavailable)

Belts
Leather Man. Fits but not sure how I'm gonna pull this one off

Shirts (all unavailable)
Canali

Billy Reid

Tom James

Kittens (first one in the true wild for me)

NWT Miller's Oath for Dockers
Damn, you guys are killing it in the bay. Wish I was up there.
IDK what happened lately, but I've been seeing tons of good stuff. Now I just need to fix my Ebay account and unload some of this stuff.

Ok, my relatively paltry haul. Jesus, you guys have been KILLING IT. There can't be a single piece of quality clothing left in the yay area after todays onslaught by thread members.
38xunhemmed. These are going to the bay since they're unhemmed, unless you feel like offering me a good amount of money, or a sweet trade!
facepalm.gif
I've been passing on these...Shhhhhh, please don't jinx it!
fistbump.gif

I'll be shopping at the Rose Bowl flea tomorrow with Danielle from American Pickers.
Does that count as a brag?
wink.gif
My god! She is a classy woman. Will this event be televised or youtube-vized?

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This weekend I didn't do much thrifting but friday morning i found a pair of 1970's Carrera Porsche Design Aviators, a pair of Boll'e Eagle Vision II Sunglasses and a pair of NWOB Sergio Rossi orange heels. Missed by 10 minutes on 10 mont blanc/tiffany pens
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

I saw Nataku mention the pens the other day as well. What's the backstory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads