• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ArrowArrowCroftandBarrow
lol8[1].gif
fing02[1].gif

46n2

Reaction score
I was in D.C./MD and VA for a week and was excited to do a little thrifting. I did pick up some Armani Collezioni shirts, but for the most part, it was a whole lot of the usual suspects. What gives? I thought there was dough around there. Was it the time of year ?
eh.gif

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was in D.C./MD and VA for a week and was excited to do a little thrifting. I did pick up some Armani Collezioni shirts, but for the most part, it was a whole lot of the usual suspects. What gives? I thought there was dough around there. Was it the time of year ? :eh:

Tell me about it. Probably more Wal*Marts per capita than anywhere else in the world.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright fellas, here's my tentative outfit for my wedding reception next week, feel free to post thoughts, criticisms, **** slinging

David Hamilton linen blazer, having it pressed into a 3 roll 2 as we speak, thrift
Topman trousers, wahh, wahh
Pal Zilieri spread collar, gift from ocooney
E. Marinella tie, thrift
Silk Indian pocket square, thrift
AE Dalton boots, ebay, hey, it's an informal event. :happy:

Last edited:

LooknGr8

Reaction score
"There's Something about Armani"
"The Color RLPL"
"GodZegna"

Good for posting pic, eazy e. I'll let the fashionistas do the slinging. I have three linen coats in the mix right now myself.

Last edited:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latest Finds:

Ties: Ben Silver Multi Fold + Luciano Barbera

Shoes: AE Bradley (11D)

Jackets:

Black APC Corduroy (M)

Tan BB Made in Italy Linen/Wool/Silk (41)

Green Buffalo Plaid Polo Made in USA Fleece (probably not available unless someone really digs it)

And this awesome 100% Cashmere Barneys Overcoat Made in Italy for the wife:

Other than the Barneys coat (and possibly the PRL Fleece), everything is available.

Shirts to come...

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright fellas, here's my tentative outfit for my wedding reception next week, feel free to post thoughts, criticisms, **** slinging

David Hamilton linen blazer, having it pressed into a 3 roll 2 as we speak, thrift
E. Marinella tie, thrift
AE Dalton boots, ebay, hey, it's an informal event.
happy.gif

Shoulders slightly too wide, no? (possible it only looks like it in this picture, and not irl)
Jacket slightly too long? (But can be the angle aswell, or how the pants look very slim from this angle and so the jacket looks rather big compared to them)
otherwise dope

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

E. Marinella tie, thrift
happy.gif

I'd say you need a brighter, more colorful tie. Seems a little dark for your shirt / jacket combo.

EDIT: and yes, a bit wide in the shoulders and long, but not horrible. I'd say the pants are a bit too skinny for the jacket and a fuller leg might even it out some.

"The Color RLPL"

Oh, that's good!
cheers.gif

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
330CK might skewer me for this purchase, but I FOUND A BIKE! FOR $15.99!

It is in desperate need of some new tires and could use a nice once-over, but other than that, I think it will work out quite well. It's not an insane bike find, but considering what I paid and what I think I will have to put into it ...

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like quite a few of us are having eBay issues. I've got a guy saying an EU 42 pair of pants that I measured out at a 34 and are listed as a 34....are really a 37 waist and wants a refund because I misrepresented them.

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score

E. Marinella tie, thrift
happy.gif

^^^ Maybe you should rethink your tie, pocket square, and pants? Lighter colors. Or if not, perhaps pants that are predominantly brown with a less tapered leg? Not so bold on the pocket square?
smile.gif

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Seems like quite a few of us are having eBay issues. I've got a guy saying an EU 42 pair of pants that I measured out at a 34 and are listed as a 34....are really a 37 waist and wants a refund because I misrepresented them.

42 generally correlates to a 36. I'm always torn on posting the tagged or measured size. Measured size just gives ammo to SNAD cases and tagged size makes the wrong people view your item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads