• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like UNIQLO for cheap basics (socks/undershirts) but I am not sure if you are ever in NYC

thrift fit above is nice, makes me realize how badly I need suede oxfords

Last edited:

div25sec9

Reaction score

with all of the non-clothing items some of y'all have posted up to share, it thought someone may be able to help me out.

does anyone know of, or has anyone used, a reliable online resource for selling vinyl records? with 3 non-pays in the past month, eBay is losing my favor.
Discogs has worked decent for me in the past. It's also a great place to get info, as it's a user built catalogue of releases too. The downside is that it's not auction or time based, items for sale will sit there forever until the right user comes along.

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score
Just got back from lunch and my single best lunchtime thrifting haul. Someone apparently dropped off four suits all around 42R.

Corneliani
Armani Collezioni
Zegna
Zegna Soft

I'll post some photos tonight. I think they're a bit dated, but seem to be good quality. And, finally, a chance to use this!...

I found an olive DB Versace in a cloth that feels like flannel.

I've never seen Versace in the wild in these parts. The quality seemed really good. Is it the real deal?

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Search ~20 pages back...Spoo gave a whole rundown on the black label "Couture" line, giving the year, maker, etc. all about it.

Just got back from lunch and my single best lunchtime thrifting haul. Someone apparently dropped off four suits all around 42R.
Corneliani
Armani Collezioni
Zegna
Zegna Soft
I'll post some photos tonight. I think they're a bit dated, but seem to be good quality. And, finally, a chance to use this!...

I've never seen Versace in the wild in these parts. The quality seemed really good. Is it the real deal?

ilikethelights

Reaction score

Discogs has worked decent for me in the past. It's also a great place to get info, as it's a user built catalogue of releases too. The downside is that it's not auction or time based, items for sale will sit there forever until the right user comes along.

Discogs for sure. Pretty much everyone I know that sells vinyl has moved to Discogs and are very happy selling there.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to proxy this Chesterfield overcoat if anyone is interested. 42L. $21 + taxes + shipping + small proxy fee or trade. The only thing wrong I could see is that the velvet is worn down. Tweed looked damn near perfect. Frankly, I was shocked at how good a condition this coat is in because the store it was purchased from hasn't existed in decades.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oxford University Jacket (Made in the UK). Actually fits pretty well...

Shoes: Allen Edmonds Brown Suede (Bradley?)

Those shoes are awesome. Unless things have changed, I think that Oxford bomber jacket is licensed goods (i.e., sold to the general public, not exclusively to students/faculty). Not hating; just :teach:

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could try Discogs.com. However, it is NOT rock or pop-centric. Mainly funk, soul, disco, and more modern dance music. I've never sold there, but you could check it out.

with all of the non-clothing items some of y'all have posted up to share, it thought someone may be able to help me out.

does anyone know of, or has anyone used, a reliable online resource for selling vinyl records? with 3 non-pays in the past month, eBay is losing my favor.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Found a few things at lunch -- Pics later

A crazy vintage Madras/Seersucker hybrid Sport Coat at lunch. Mildly embarrassed to say it's Palm Beach* but was too awesome to leave behind.
Also a cream colored Lanvin Canvas/Linen type Blazer w/ Metal buttons, patch pockets and pick stitching.

* But let's not forget this one by Palm Beach.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...x0qLMfkJhWbibTSWqZ4Kk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last edited:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shoes are awesome. Unless things have changed, I think that Oxford bomber jacket is licensed goods (i.e., sold to the general public, not exclusively to students/faculty). Not hating; just
teacha.gif

Thanks! I'll still probably tell everyone I went there when I wear it. Or at least that I own an oxford cloth shirt.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

DeadBoy

Reaction score
I found something today that I would really like to fit, but suspect it doesn't. Could someone please give me a quick yay or nay to the fit of this SC?

If it's a nay, I'll do the size and brand reveal (it's nothing super extremely amazing, but still), and make it available to the thread.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And, finally, a chance to use this!...

Yep, the best they had to offer at the time. Resale is probably going to get you a hundo at most now, but try some good old fashioned mannequin pinned shots to help you out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads