• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, you're both wrong. Tigers' lineup is far scarier than either the Rangers or Boston. And, their rotation is arguably in the the top two in the AL.

Tigers infield contains the equivalent of two David Ortiz', no way that Verlander can pitch like he did last year with that infield. Tigers are my second favorite team, but they are set for a relapse!

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a day...

Canali Tagged 56L Wool/Silk

J Press Presidential Tagged 44L

True Religion Jeans (No stone throwing please) Tagged 38-Need a repair

Zanella Double Pleat 36x33.5

Some Shirt- Top: Lorenzini 16.5, Hugo Boss- Bottom: Loro Piana x2 15.5, 15.75

Getting Ready for Summer- J Crew Bermuda shorts

Loro Piana Awesome Pants 36x34.25

Any of you bigger guys golfers? Tagged 40

NWT LE Pants Tagged 36

Some weird guy donated like seven ties with elephants on them, all BB, I was fond of this one

Not pictured:
NWT LE L/S Polo shirt for myself

Two more finds to come...

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Great haul! :slayer:

Great finds. About the Zegna shirts: how recent is recent? I found a couple with the same label as the top two in your photo. Didn't know they were recent.
That Saint Andrews BB is an orphaned suit jacket, isn't it?
Recent Zegna shirts 15.5-16

Bottom label is the most recent of this lot. The current labels are the same shape (more square than rectangle) and have "fake" pick stitching (printed on the tag) around the edges.

Also, Rayxlui - amazing score!

Last edited:

MattR

Reaction score

Not necessarily a thrift pix,but do you guys think it's obvious that this is not a SC? Would you wear it with jeans and/or chinos? Sleeves need to be shortened.
P1010187.jpg

Yeah, looks pretty obvious. Those are some prominent shoulders.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, decided to get this Zegna coat. Solid navy. Pretty sure that it's an orphan, and I tore up the store looking for the pants. Dbl vented. 3 button :( :
P1010185.jpg

P1010186.jpg

Not necessarily a thrift pix,but do you guys think it's obvious that this is not a SC? Would you wear it with jeans and/or chinos? Sleeves need to be shortened.
SPOILER]
Get some lighter buttons or go with brass or gunmetal. You can make it look like a blazer/SC that way. Only you will ever know the truth.

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up these two Hermes Scarves. 95% sure they are real due to the stitching as well as other evidence but they contain no content tags. One of them looks like it was used as a hanky to wipe coffee off a dripping chin. Could use some authenticity confirmation as well as some additional information.

GO PHILLIES!!!

mjt73106

Reaction score
awesome find today,definitely in my personal top ten.
super cool vintage KLM model display plane the way you would see them in travel agencies years back.
heres the thing,its all aluminum,including the base.weighs a good twenty pounds,made in denmark.

similar one selling for $3000 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330622458007&clk_rvr_id=329648004007

Great find! I was in the aviation industry for 15 years, those things are highly sought after. You may be surprised what that could sell for. . .

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tigers infield contains the equivalent of two David Ortiz', no way that Verlander can pitch like he did last year with that infield.  Tigers are my second favorite team, but they are set for a relapse!

They have the fattest infield in history. It's awesome. They'll be decently athletic up the middle on the days that Raburn doesn't play.

Verlander may not pitch quite as well as he did last year but Doug Fister is the real deal - a full year with him will certainly compensate for any regression Verlander may experience.

I need baseball to start.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

P1010187.jpg

The suit jacket/jort look is under-appreciated.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

Sorry ..... i HAD to

They have the fattest infield in history. It's awesome. They'll be decently athletic up the middle on the days that Raburn doesn't play.
Verlander may not pitch quite as well as he did last year but Doug Fister is the real deal - a full year with him will certainly compensate for any regression Verlander may experience.
I need baseball to start.

Last edited:

LooknGr8

Reaction score
John Mac Gray. France. 11US. Chocolate Brown. Topy'd!

Can someone tell me where they are on the quality continuum (are they like Mezlan/Magnanni/Cable & Co not suck, not great)?

Last edited:

valium

Reaction score
also for myself size 36 Nudie jeans and a XL Nudie dress shirt (didnt even know they made them,just jeans).my size and like new condition both $9.99.saved me buying a $500 outfit.i swear to god iam ruined for retail,the only thing i buy new are socks and boxers.

ps the model plane i got one almost identical,same manufacturer same szie sold for $3000 on ebey,i paid $40 for mine

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330622458007&clk_rvr_id=329648004007

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone make a list of these fancy jean brands? I want to surprise my teenage daughter if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads