• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on an epic haul Andro....idk why everyone busts on DM7 (stupid jealous flippers).
stirpot.gif

hmm need to go find this new guy and see if any are my size. Thanks for the heads up
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

Nope, he's my size and found an epic number of older AE's in great condition... Trying not to PM him about trades because I WANT them, but don't NEED them.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

everyone was jelly of darkmatter7

1. True dat, but let me elaborate: Everyone got serious wood at DM7's finds. Several people tried to compete. Lost. Good-natured ribbing/hate (depending on perspective) ensued. We swirled dangerously close to descending into Thread-Down #4587 (topic: Is DM7 really a front for Pesjik, and are his finds an elaborate ruse to rule the Interwebs?). But then we didn't, opting instead for a smorgas-*****-board approach.
2. Until we decided to descend into Thread-Down # 4588: SDW vs MC
3. In the meantime, several people asked for picture/selling advice.
4. New guy joined with TONS of awesome shoes too big for you.
5. Several people definitively demonstrated thrifting's dead. But then others conclusively established it wasn't, a determination with which the first people disagreed. So luckily that's resolved. (Again).
6. Not-Frenchy (wait, Frenchy?) has resurfaced.
7. In unrelated news, someone tried to call Spoo out.
8. Somewhere in all of this, we learned that Natty Nataku, master of the ninja style skills/knowledge, likes super-vintage Sears Men's Store stuff. Which I find hypnotically enigmatic.
9. There's a Bizarre-O thread out there on Dappered. That's where Grendel's Clark Kent resides.

EDIT: Several of you beat me to it. DAMN YOU! THRIFT DOWN #4589 is OOOOONNNNNNN!

That about the size of it?

Last edited:

s_allen_p

Reaction score
My best find of the day.
Boglioli / Ermenegildo Zegna cotton + cashmere blend corduroy blazer. Excellent condition. Just need to get the wrinkles out.

My favorite find of the day. I love the fabric, and it fits great.

Allen Edmonds Hancocks 10B. Excellent condition. Available.

I. Magnin mock turtle sweater

and then an Eton shirt 16.5 / 42 that needs a new collar button. Excellent condition otherwise. Available.

Last edited:

TheODGuy

Reaction score
Quickly hit up a favorite spot, found just these:

Recent Ermenegildo Zegna shirt and Brunello Cucinelli
fc9c8d60.jpg

Last edited:

Manofstyle85

Reaction score
11D private label "Michele Negri" Double monstrap. Does anybody have an idea of a ballpack price on these shoes (retail, off course)?

Last edited:

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^My guess would be ...north of $500...based on the look of their website, the lines they carry (Kiton, Isaia) and the look of the shoe. The last reminds me of some Tramezzas I have.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found a heap of mint condition suits and sport coats from one donor......really nice stuff (some a little crazy in color, some not) but waaaay too small for me. These are probably 38-41 or something - the problem is that they are Adrian Jules which is pretty much unflippable. No good to me (due to fit) nor useful on eBay, but if you're local and like DB suits PM me...

I would hope SF knows better at least though. Nataku speaks highly of them I know. I can give a testimony later this week when mine arrives.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My best find of the day.
Bogliolo / Ermenegildo Zegna cotton + cashmere blend corduroy blazer. Excellent condition. Just need to get the wrinkles out.

My favorite find of the day. I love the fabric, and it fits great.

Allen Edmonds Hancocks 10B. Excellent condition. Available.
I. Magnin mock turtle sweater
and then an Eton shirt 16.5 / 42 that needs a new collar button. Excellent condition otherwise. Available.

I have a pair of those Allen Edmonds. One of my go-to shoes, you can wear them with everything.

wcl

Reaction score
Some great finds in your posts Eazye. Hope to see some more. And the sofa in the background is impressive!

I know someone awhile back was looking for hats. Here's some I've picked up.
L-R Pendleton wool, Adams 5th Ave beaver, Bollman natural wool, Stevens beaver.
L-R Vintage Greek fisherman's hat, Shandon houndstooth, Stetson newsboy, Country Gentleman plaid, Seifter wool, made in Italy, Kangol x 3

Everett464

Reaction score
I somehow missed Easy E's awesomeness in the middle of all that really-expensive-generic-tennis-shoe discussion. That is a lot of crap - weeks of head down thrifting - what kind of mileage are you covering? I cover 70 miles or so, and granted its in a non-Portland Oregon freeway corridor, but damn... I would not come up with all that stuff in months.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found myself in a resort town in central Oregon this weekend. Worst Goodwiil I've been to in my life - they wanted, at a minimum, $25 bucks per sportcoat. We're talking like Stafford, Haband, whatever.

Everett464

Reaction score
I am guessing you were in Bend - Great town, but not a decent men's store for miles and miles.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Bend. Ok town, the mountains are nice.

BTW, I've noticed since you started posting here that certain places in certain parts of the Eugene/Springfield area are producing less...

Everett464

Reaction score
Cereal? Are you in the LC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads