• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Is it possible that the Drop on a pants size would be as such:
48 - Drop 8
Meaning 38 Waist / 30 Length?

Doubt it. It seems like it would either be a 38 suit, with 30" waist, but unlikely since he said they were too big. I think it'd be a 38 waist pant. Either way, I'm not sure it's worth it. The Corneliani label looks to be about 20 years old.

The pants I have that weren't part of a suit list it like this

R

But that's the new style of label.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, H.Freeman & Sons =/= Hickey Freeman....sorry if you already knew this, I wasn't sure based on the post. Never hurts to clarify.
biggrin.gif

^ I have several Corneliani made Polo pants that were never part of a suit that have a drop size marked.
Thrifting wasn't exciting the past few days, nothing my size, all available:
HF coat
IMG_7302.jpg

IMG_7304.jpg

IMG_7309.jpg

wcl

Reaction score
I picked up some really clean Chucks today that are marked Made in USA. Any opinions on the chances they are fake? I mean, I assume they do make knockoffs of them.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up some really clean Chucks today that are marked Made in USA. Any opinions on the chances they are fake? I mean, I assume they do make knockoffs of them.

pics? i have a thing for chucks so i could probably help out here

46n2

Reaction score
Found these fellas over the weekend. Florsheim Imperials -Size 9/12 C. Too small for me again. Will prolly need a resole. Only 1 V cleat present. They had been sitting in the store since Jan 2 ! (Available)

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just to be clear, H.Freeman & Sons =/= Hickey Freeman....sorry if you already knew this, I wasn't sure based on the post.  Never hurts to clarify.  :D

:facepalm: I knew that at one time. I usually pass up most HF and H Freeman & Sons stuff, so it slipped my mind. I only picked this up because the pattern matching and quality was much better than what I'm used to seeing from either company.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No worries, I totally agree it's an awesome-looking SC so definitely be happy with it regardless of who makes it.
biggrin.gif

facepalm.gif
I knew that at one time. I usually pass up most HF and H Freeman & Sons stuff, so it slipped my mind. I only picked this up because the pattern matching and quality was much better than what I'm used to seeing from either company.

amadar

Reaction score
Passed through my local Marshall's today for the first time ever looking for some Robert Graham currency. $99 each.....no thanks. Dejected, I mozy over to the suit rack. MOTHER OF GOD.

Passed:

Tons of Polo II Made in Italy suits - various sizes - $499 each

Ermenegildo Zegna "Resort Suit" (unstructured linen/cotton blend I think) $899 with $2000 retail tags attached.

Brioni Tuxedo - $549 with $6500 tag still attached. I snagged this, and then realized the pants were missing. I scoured the floor and the pants rack to no avail (as if I was in a thrift store). Talked to the sales clerk about it....she said she was pretty sure the pants had been STOLEN. :fu:

Loro Piana 100% cashmere unstructured KNIT sportcoat. About a 40R or 40L. This thing was nuts. No retail price on it, but had a marshalls markdown from $999 to $419......bad pass?

Kopped

Sartoria Partenopea Wool Cashmere SC. Forget the exact listed size, but fit me well so probably around a 41R/L. $300 reduced from $899 with the $2500 retail tag still attached. :D Don't know if I'll be keeping it or not. I'll post some pics later.

Last edited:

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Phoenix, AZ...if anyone has the info on some spots throw me a line. In flight wifi :slayer:

Place called "Well Suited" has some nice stuff usually. It's a consignment store, so prices will be higher than Goodwill/Salvation army type stores.

Was just there today and they have a mint pair of AE McAllisters in Merlot (10D) for $125. Some ties can be had for a good price. But have to sift through a lot of junk.

In fact, here is a link to their website with those shoes.

http://www.shopwellsuited.com/shop/Allen-Edmonds-Size-10-Mcallister-Shoes/

Last edited:

MattR

Reaction score

Place called "Well Suited" has some nice stuff usually. It's a consignment store, so prices will be higher than Goodwill/Salvation army type stores.
Was just there today and they have a mint pair of AE McAllisters in Merlot (10D) for $125. Some ties can be had for a good price. But have to sift through a lot of junk.
In fact, here is a link to their website with those shoes.
http://www.shopwellsuited.com/shop/Allen-Edmonds-Size-10-Mcallister-Shoes/

Slowly trying to justify buying those....:inlove:

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Slowly trying to justify buying those....:inlove:

I will testify seeing them in person. Truly are in mint shape. Looks like someone tried them on in store and that is the only wear visible on sole.

Also, they list it as Brown, but in person it was definitely more of a Merlot color.

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Passed through my local Marshall's today for the first time ever looking for some Robert Graham currency. $99 each.....no thanks. Dejected, I mozy over to the suit rack. MOTHER OF GOD.
Passed:
Tons of Polo II Made in Italy suits - various sizes - $499 each Good Pass
Ermenegildo Zegna "Resort Suit" (unstructured linen/cotton blend I think) $899 with $2000 retail tags attached. Not worth it
Brioni Tuxedo - $549 with $6500 tag still attached. I snagged this, and then realized the pants were missing. I scoured the floor and the pants rack to no avail (as if I was in a thrift store). Talked to the sales clerk about it....she said she was pretty sure the pants had been STOLEN. :fu: That sucks

Loro Piana 100% cashmere unstructured KNIT sportcoat. About a 40R or 40L. This thing was nuts. No retail price on it, but had a marshalls markdown from $999 to $419......bad pass?
Loro Piana is hot stuff, and $419 is a fabulous price if you intend to keep. If you intend to flip, not worth it. These things struggle to sell beyond $500.

Kopped
Sartoria Partenopea Wool Cashmere SC. Forget the exact listed size, but fit me well so probably around a 41R/L. $300 reduced from $899 with the $2500 retail tag still attached. :D Don't know if I'll be keeping it or not. I'll post some pics later. [/B]Decent score[/B]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads