• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

Reaction score

thats my size.....details? is it just the jacket or is it a suit?

I have the coat in my car b/c I'm gonna dry clean it tomorrow. A suit. Lessee, it's a 3 roll2, side vents, pants are dbl pleated, pants are straight no cuffs, I would say about 31 long. waist is 36" with the possiblity of letting out 1-2 inches, surgeon cuffs. Again, I'm wary of showing it b/c I don't know what kind of fabric it is. Feels like cotton, but it could be one of those super soft wools. Very lightweight suit.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found a brioni cashmere navy blazer today in 40R iirc, a bad ass harris tweed, canali 3 btn side vented summer weight s/c in euro 52R.

You are hitting a purple patch at the moment :bigstar: . Long may it last :cool:

Never been quite convinced or sure about a Harris Tweed. I do see these often enough, they seem to be almost as common as a Ralph Lauren Chaps find :laugh: .

Last edited:

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are hitting a purple patch at the moment :bigstar: . Long may it last :cool:
Never been quite convinced or sure about a Harris Tweed. I do see these often enough, they seem to be almost as common as a Ralph Lauren Chaps find :laugh: .

Harris Tweed stuff someone posted is bringing stupid money on eBay. I have only come across one Harris Tweed jacket since I have been looking carefully (since summer) and it was trashed. For some reason these didn't make it to the midwest...all I ever see is the brands.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, now is the time to hit the thrifts....donation time for taxes.

Pawz

Reaction score
DELETE

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I really hope you were in the office pressing the jacket into your scanner. I'm imagining you looking around at a crowd of shocked people in their cubes, phones going unanswered and you smiling, proudly displaying all the ***** you give.

Last edited:

Pawz

Reaction score
DELETE

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Your statement about having GUCCI in block letters vs. the signature is incorrect. I have a SC and a pair of jeans from them. Both feature this logo. Neither have "the G's" or the script logo anywhere. However, they both also prominently display "Made in Italy".

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
@Bourbon: Alas, I scanned it in the comfort of my home in my pajamas.
frown.gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Pawz

Reaction score
DELETE

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
It's possible but unlikely. Made in Italy tags are not hard to make or to replicate.

The jacket looks like it is of decent quality (though all the pick stitching isn't for me). It's hard because it's very possible that it is a real Gucci, but that it is just of bad quality/materials. Many of the "status" makers in the 80's, 90's and even recently made a number of garments that were very expensive and very crappy (see: SF's disdain for Armani). Don't assume that just because the fabric feels odd or the construction isn't unbelievable that it isn't real.

The other option (though a very, very long shot), speaks to my first statement about making tags. My neighbor travels to SA Asia quite frequently and has clothes made for him. He uses a cheap place and his stuff usually is ill-fitting and cheap looking. However, he instructs the tailor (for some terrible, unknown reason) to stitch famous designer or fashion brands into all of the shirts and suits he has made. Every one of his suits says Gucci or Armani. To me it's ridiculous and dumb. If it fits (which it doesn't), who cares? However, he has told me that many people request that their cheap MTM garments include high-fashion or expensive brand labels. Again, unlikely this is the case, but it does exist.

Pawz

Reaction score
DELETE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads