• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
If you don't have something to show that you bought in a thrift store STFU. Go start a thread called "I don't like you because you have a different opinion then me" in the dumb thread forum. Here's the link http://www.styleforum.net/forum/list/18/dumb-threads.
smack.gif

SnarlPatrick

Reaction score

On the subject of famous people, I found someone's custom tailored sportcoat collection at a local thrift the other day. Guy's name was Patrick Williams, I think....kinda drawing a blank on the last name. Guy was huge or just liked his jackets huge. Must have been at least 7' tall. Some of his jackets looked like they were intentionally long, too. Must have been a basketball player. All were pretty gaudy but were very well made. All were made by Adrian Jules.

One time Gale Sayers bid on some Charles Tyrwhitt shirts I was selling. He wasn't the top bidder though :(

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

That's depressing, you'd hope that a man with an arguable case as the greatest peak RB of all time would be able to buy his cheap english dress shirts at full retail.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

MattR

Reaction score
Evening everyone. This is my first time posting in any of the forums, but I've been lurking for a few months. Thrifting is a hobby of mine, and this is my favorite thread by far, so I wanted to play along.

This week was very good for me. Here's some of the stuff I pulled from the shelves:

- Royal blue Ermenegildo Zegna pajamas (the neatest thing I've probably ever found)

- Charles Tyrwhitt light blue slim fit dress shirt (someone was getting rid of about 10 CT dress shirts in my size, but most of them had stains, etc. This one only has a chipped cuff button, but it still has the replacement button, and I own white thread and a needle - done and done.)

- Red, white, and navy Robert Talbott tie

- Light gray irish wool tie for The Three Penny Bit (ex- Georgetown boutique store that used to be on M St, where a Starbucks currently is)

- French press coffee maker (no brand to ID)

I may try and post some pictures later, if I can figure it all out.

Once again, love this thread!

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sure, Spoo (and everyone who PMed). Approximate measurements are 18.25" shoulder to shoulder, 20.5" across the chest, 25" sleeves, 
30.25" length from boc.

I'm open to trades or would sell it for $45 shipped.

My size. Gimme dat. :)

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Always ahead of the game. its pretty much guaranteed.. anything in your size and style is SOLD to Mr. Spoo

You mean you guys don't realize this when sourcing goods in 38R/L jackets, 9.5 shoes, and interesting ties and pocket squares?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the outside chance it turns out to be a smidge small on you Spoo - let me know and I'll be glad to take it off your hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads