• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are nice!!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I dont think anyone could duplicate Hermes ties on down to dry cleaning tags and Fake slip stitches. You would be spending a great amount on manufacturing FAKE ties.

Not when you have underage kids doing it for you.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not when you have underage kids doing it for you.

If that's the case, I guess the big irony is they'd still end up being pretty nice ties. It's like that Borges story -- wasn't it a Borges story? -- where they made a map that grew ever more detailed, until it was like an exact full-scale replica of the territory. :laugh:

Last edited:

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Ok day today:

Recent double breasted Oxxford charcoal pinstriped suit
Patch/madras Brooks Brothers sport coat
Ferragamo black cap toes
Paul smith sport coat
couple polo ties
couple vineyard vines ties

some other stuff i cant remember now.....

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get it! The Dior ties are nothing to brag about for sure, The fact they were so fresh was remarkable to me. The tags were original msrp tags.
Also, hipsters do love those ties. You may underestimate the value of those crappy ties by the fact they are readily availible. I did the same thing for robert talbott ties. I have many things worthy of bragging about I find. That was just current objects touching my hands at the time. I find many things you guys post are VERY common to me. I dont deal in these items because they dont speak to me like they do to you. I dont want to jump in the SF lane and start peddling Alden Shoes and Brioni sportcoats. Maybe I should though. Ill start taking pics of stuff I think you guys would get but I pass on, AND what i bought instead so you guys can facepalm me! Hey Im not bitter! its all in good fun! :) the YSL shirt with the logo's all over come on now! those are not common! Maybe not the hottest find, but label whores can dig it. Anyway's I like all you guys for shopping in thrift stores like me even if you facepalm me lol. Also i am suprised you find Prada in Minnesota, I was just there! I had huge luck on collectibles but ALL the clothes I found are for big boys!

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People aren't snooty and this forum, they're just tired of seeing the same YSL junk posted over and over again. Go to a high performance car forum and post about how great your Toyota Yaris is, or a guitar forum and brag about your Squire, I'm sure you'll get about the same reaction.

This is a bragging thread, for when you find great stuff, and the ties and things you posted are the same items everyone wades through in every store when they're looking for that great find.

on etsy you can only sell handmade (by the seller) or vintage and another category that i forgot right now.. where does stuff from thrift stores fit in?? (if it's recent i mean.. not vintage)

I hear you. You may already be way ahead of me. I have Put stuff I am selling on photo bucket, tumblr, etc and mentioned it on twitter and have had a surprising amount of luck. Also setting up a blog or something may work to help foil ebay. I have had some great results from me just half assing basicly. people e mail me about stuff I dont even plan on selling. Maybe I am just lucky, I dont know.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Does anyone know this label? It's high wool content Viyella, construction is decent, natural buttons. I don't know that logo, though.

a6898914-8c05-529e.jpg

Nashville

Reaction score
nothing new for me , i plan on stopping by a few stores this weekend :satisfied:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dont want to jump in the SF lane and start peddling Alden Shoes and Brioni sportcoats. Maybe I should though. Ill start taking pics of stuff I think you guys would get but I pass on, AND what i bought instead so you guys can facepalm me! Hey Im not bitter! its all in good fun! :) Also i am suprised you find Prada in Minnesota, I was just there! I had huge luck on collectibles but ALL the clothes I found are for big boys!

You're in a great area for thrifting. If you see a Kiton/Brioni/Isaia/etc piece on the cheap, you should snag it. Chances are you won't even need to make a F/S post. I've sold stuff by people PMing me from my post on this thread. As for Minnesota - I've found everything from Isaia and Brioni to Martin Margiela and Jil Sander. There is a lot of money floating around here. Not crazy money like Chicago, but not too far behind. Lots of multi-million dollar homes popping up all over.

Last edited:

Bartlebooth

Reaction score
Any Bay Area thrifters snag some of, or at least also notice the recent surplus of Hickey Freemans? My closet's full, so I've been avoiding buying to flip until I finally get around to (getting a decent camera so I can try) flipping what I've got, but every GW I hit this past week had three or four HF suits in great condition— and none in my size, of course. Either someone with a penchant died or the store donated its unpaid-for bespoke suits...

Also, anyone know what vintage Banana Rebuplic tags look like? Saw a jacket the other day that had a vintage-looking tag, and the construction was decent, but I couldn't tell if it was just vintage-looking or actually from their early days.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I want to wear the green brooks coat to the Del mar races. Any tips on colors to wear with a green coat? White slacks?

That white 100% cashmere one Im pretty sure is Chester Barrie. Nice one.

I also found this Hickey Freeman pindot tie—silk, but unlike any other silk ties I own. It feels more like wool and has some nap. Can anyone tell me what this kind of silk is called?

Thats a wool challis.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a really bad dry spell now. The only remotely decent thing I saw today was a pair of Valentino cords. I couldn't even get interested enough to try them on.

Going to an antiques market tomorrow; maybe some cufflinks will turn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads