• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

You guys aren't cool unless you use hipster ipsum

[COLOR=444444]Viral bitters keytar neutra hashtag jean shorts tofu, kogi church-key twee cred gochujang pop-up DIY pinterest. Shoreditch marfa quinoa, try-hard iPhone disrupt sartorial mlkshk shabby chic cornhole authentic bicycle rights deep v whatever meditation. Sartorial chicharrones roof party, echo park bespoke typewriter narwhal raw denim jean shorts four dollar toast. Neutra umami fingerstache yr, bitters next level ennui heirloom. Before they sold out kale chips bicycle rights, wayfarers pour-over portland godard brunch crucifix whatever poutine forage lo-fi. Shoreditch master cleanse williamsburg, flannel sustainable salvia YOLO fanny pack slow-carb VHS intelligentsia typewriter keffiyeh. Squid celiac slow-carb venmo taxidermy.[/COLOR]

Anyone seen Schizopolis? Nose army.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terrible to hear about Brian. He was a damn cool dude with some epic photography.

Last few days worth of stuff.

Mostly NA

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G shocks are nothing to sneeze at!

I like the zodiac's as well though. Not a huge fan of the reissues, but the original Sea Wolf and the Red Dot Mystery Dial are some of my favorites.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't found a lot lately, but I liked the "first item thrifted" question.

I've been going to flea markets and thrifts as long as I can remember, but the very first thing I recall actually thrifting was a Pro-Tec BMX helmet for like $1-2 when I was 12 or so. I wanted one so badly from seeing them everywhere in magazines. Oddly enough, I ended up frequenting the same store as an adult until it closed.

Keep knocking the finds out of the park! I mostly watch from the sidelines now.
Holy ****! I'm not 100% sure if a Pro-Tec helmet was my first thrift find, but it was definitely one of the first.

When I was in 8th grade (1994, I think), I started a band. My sister decided I needed a cool new outfit to wear "on stage". She brought me to a Salvation Army and got me a bunch of weird polyester clothes and vintage Ts. While she was filling a cart with clothes, I wandered around and found Rector knee pads and a Pro-Tec helmet. At the time, it felt like the equivalent of me finding a 1950s gold top Les Paul or something. Pretty sure I found those things on my first trip. She took me to thrift stores a lot for the next few years though so I can't be 100%.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I like the zodiac's as well though. Not a huge fan of the reissues, but the original Sea Wolf and the Red Dot Mystery Dial are some of my favorites.

zodiacs are surprisingly nice watches. the sea dragon reissue had a really nice movement in it. wish i could recall who the movement was by, but im drawing a blank. It was nice and hefty.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The issues are impressive in person.i looked at a Super SeaWolf.
Might pull the trigger on one.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zodiacs are surprisingly nice watches. the sea dragon reissue had a really nice movement in it. wish i could recall who the movement was by, but im drawing a blank. It was nice and hefty.

Its Fossils new in house movement.now before you say Foosil....they built a factory in Switzerland just for these movements and a lot of the old watchmakers work there that went bankrupt.zodiac,clebar etc etc

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The reissue automatic Sea Dragon uses an STP movement made by fossil. It's a pretty solid piece for just under a grand though.

Impuntura: I do like the Super SeaWolf, I just don't know if I like it better than the original, which can be had for less. They do look great though.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its Fossils new in house movement.now before you say Foosil....they built a factory in Switzerland just for these movements and a lot of the old watchmakers work there that went bankrupt.zodiac,clebar etc etc

Definitely, the STP factory is putting out some very solid movements. They are about on par quality wise with ETA from everything I've read.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I worked for them actually when they owned zodiac. I didnt think they built a factory though...i thought they outsourced them.... its been years, but ill have to dig one up and open up the caseback. i THINK the movement was stamped with a maker. But like i said...its been YEARS. the ole brain aint what it used to be

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Definitely, the STP factory is putting out some very solid movements. They are about on par quality wise with ETA from everything I've read.

****. there it is. STP. thanks!

infinidox

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics